BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 4, 2012 7:04 pm  #1

Stunt Footage

I came across this

I've seen something similar previously but this gives a slightly different perspective and is interesting because it is not filmed by a professional or member of the team.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 27, 2012 1:25 am  #2

Re: Stunt Footage

Boy, that was cool!  Did I read somewhere that it was actually BC doing that stunt?

July 27, 2012 1:28 am  #3

BC did most of the stunt but he does have a double doing dangerous parts.The fall using the harness wasn't considered dangerous. Dangerous would be defined as those parts where a shot was needed with him in a precarious position.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 27, 2012 10:23 am  #4

I used the title 'stunt footage' because that was the title already on it, and it is 'a stunt'. I didn't intend to imply that it was done by a stunt man because I knew from an interview he gave that Benedict had done this at some point in the filming. Sorry if I gave that impression.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 27, 2012 10:41 am  #5

Many actors do their own stunts as far as possible and spending how much their insurance will allow.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 27, 2012 10:49 am  #6

Yes, you have just made me wonder whether Benedict will be allowed to do similar stunts in future now that he has become such a 'hot property'. (No double meaning intended here.) YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE 

July 27, 2012 10:58 am  #7

I think he will be. Tom Cruise does loads of his own stunts as does Daniel Craig in the James Bond movies. Potentially one of the most dangerous things he has done was galloping en-masse in the cavalry charge in War Horse. Horses always have an element of unpredictability about them and stunts involving them, are amongst the most dangerous possible.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 27, 2012 1:45 pm  #8

It was only yesterday that I realised that guy on the right may be Benedict's stuntman.
It's from "Sherlock uncovered" from the series 2 DVDs.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 27, 2012 2:02 pm  #9

I think you could be right, Tobe. But I got the impression that they did quite a lot of fun doing the scene so maybe he was just used as a lighting stand-in or something like that.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 15, 2013 12:17 pm  #10

Davina wrote:

I think he will be. Tom Cruise does loads of his own stunts as does Daniel Craig in the James Bond movies. Potentially one of the most dangerous things he has done was galloping en-masse in the cavalry charge in War Horse. Horses always have an element of unpredictability about them and stunts involving them, are amongst the most dangerous possible.

But oh my gawd, didn't he look great doing it?
(Sorry to be so off topic this early!) Actually, I didn't even realize he had done that, maybe that's what lent so much "credibility" and heart-wretchingness about watching it.

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

Board footera