BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 2, 2012 9:55 am  #41

Re: Sherlock Characters' blogs & websites

If you recall in one of the episodes, when Sherlock & John were checking a body in the morgue ( the Speckled Blonde) Sherlock said something about John's blog & why weren't people reading HIS blog & John commented "well you list 240 different kinds of tobacco ash" etc. Basically John was telling Sherlock his website was boring.
Soon afterwards it was deleted so obviously Sherlock did it in a tantrum lol.

Here you go, in the forum pages of the site you find this :

SH
Not sure I can be bothered with this anymore. You all seem to be far more interested in John's blog. Not one of you have read my analysis of tobacco ash so I've taken it down.

http://www.thescienceofdeduction.co.uk/forum/page4

There's some funny forum posts there. Make sure you read everything on that site, funny.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 2, 2012 9:58 am  #42

Everything about these extra blogs & sites is on this page:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b018ttws/features/disclaimer

Other Sherlock related websites
The website you have been looking at is entirely fictional and forms part of the fictional world of Sherlock.

Sherlock is a BBC One drama, a contemporary take on Arthur Conan Doyle's classic detective set in present day London. Find out more about Sherlock.

The Science of Deduction | www.thescienceofdeduction.co.uk
John Watson's Blog | www.johnwatsonblog.co.uk
Molly Hooper's Diary | www.mollyhooper.co.uk
Connie Prince's official site | www.connieprince.co.uk
The websites were written by Joseph Lidster.

The Whip Hand | twitter.com/#!/thewhiphand
The Twitter feed was created by Hartswood Films who produce Sherlock for the BBC.

This is the definitive list of official Sherlock character sites and accounts.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 2, 2012 11:24 am  #43

Ah nice! I never got the chance to read all the forum posts before. I only remember reading the post by the guy in Belarus and the post about the glowing rabbit. Thanks Kazza!
Sherlock's such a child, sometimes

July 2, 2012 12:06 pm  #44

jimella wrote:

Ah nice! I never got the chance to read all the forum posts before. I only remember reading the post by the guy in Belarus and the post about the glowing rabbit. Thanks Kazza!
Sherlock's such a child, sometimes

Well I've been here since the start & still love going over the older posts to see how our opinions have changed & find little gems that we've forgotten about; I do it because the newer members haven't seen those things & they are very relevant to the whole Sherlock experience.  And we 'older members' sometimes take it for granted that everyone 'just knows' things when in reality, they've missed a lot.

Try tackling one section at a time & read from the earliest threads forward, there's some good stuff around these pages.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 3, 2012 11:38 am  #45

Hello Kazza, and anyone else reading this. I watched the report you have linked above ages ago but have just watched it again.

The two presenters are two of the real BBC Breakfast programme presenters, Charlie Stayt and Sian Williams (actually Sian recently left the programme as the studios have relocated to Salford). The reporter outside St. Barts Hospital is not a usual BBC reporter but was in TRF episode reporting on the trial of Moriarty.

I just love the bit at the end when the two presenters are talking about Sherlock's death and Sian is saying about how sad it is and then she suddenly switches into happy mode to say that JLS (a well-known boy-band in the UK) will be in after the weather to promote their new single. She's not ACTUALLY THAT CYNICAL in her real presentation but it is a classic TV presenter thing to do.

I haven't watched Breakfast in a while but I don't think they normally have the running news headlines across the bottom. I shall watch tomorrow and check.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 3, 2012 11:56 am  #46

Thanks Davina. I figured they must have been actual 'known' reporters.Adds some authenticity to it I guess.
Our morning news shows have the ticker across the bottom; I know US ones do so I assume you guys do too.
Was funny reading it, about Dartmoor etc, lol.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 14, 2012 12:56 am  #47

the videos--  Martin  on  graham norton--  when was this on?  I  get that channel BBC A   and it  has this show on there.   I guess i missed it,  huh?   Martin had sideburns!!     I  liked.   Jimella--My  guess is  Sherlock deleted it after he learned that nobody liked it.  (from John,  naturally!!)  oh  yes  I  could tell the news stuff was faked--it was soooo funny  reading the ticker tape,  yep,  we have that on our tv channels in USA  too.  yep.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 14, 2012 12:59 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 14, 2012 2:04 am  #48

It was filmed Jan 6th so yes, you have missed it. You may be able to do a Google search for more information.

There are many things going on & being reported everyday about the people  & the show. If you want to stay informed, you are best to do a quick search for key words each day you get online. On Google, I do a search & then click "news" on the far left hand side; that way I see any mention that has happened recently.
Often you will read where someone will be appearing next etc.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 17, 2012 12:54 pm  #49

Been watching breakfast, just to check, and they do not have ticker tape running at the bottom of the screen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 5, 2012 12:25 am  #50

I have a question about John's blog and I guess this is the best place to put it.

I assumed "theimprobableone" was Moriarty...but then someone also posts as "anonymous" and he sounds more like Moriarty. So who is theimprobableone and who is anonymous?!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 11, 2013 2:52 pm  #51

Does anybody know who hides behind 'theimprobableone'? I have no clue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 14, 2013 9:38 am  #52

kazza474 wrote:

If you recall in one of the episodes, when Sherlock & John were checking a body in the morgue ( the Speckled Blonde) Sherlock said something about John's blog & why weren't people reading HIS blog & John commented "well you list 240 different kinds of tobacco ash" etc. Basically John was telling Sherlock his website was boring. Soon afterwards it was deleted so obviously Sherlock did it in a tantrum lol.
SH: "Not sure I can be bothered with this anymore. You all seem to be far more interested in John's blog. Not one of you have read my analysis of tobacco ash so I've taken it down."
http://www.thescienceofdeduction.co.uk/forum/page4 

Love meta-Sherlockian fun!

Don't forget that the BBC's use of Sherlock and tobacco ash is a direct reference to "The Boscombe Valley Mystery" wherein Holmes in conversation with Watson admits to having "written a little monograph on the ashes of 140 different varieties of pipe, cigar, and cigarette tobacco." (BOSC)

Click for the text of "The Boscombe Valley Mystery".

For a mostly complete list of Holmes' "trifling monographs", essays and articles, see this excerpt from the Resume of Sherlock Holmes:

- Upon the Distinction Between the Ashes of the Various Tobaccos
- Monograph on polyphonic motets of Lassus, printed for private circulation, said by some experts to be the last word on the subject
- Two short articles on ears in the Anthropological Journal
- A "trifling" monograph upon the subject of secret writings, 160 separate ciphers analyzed
- Monograph upon the dating of documents
- A contribution to the literature of tattoos
- Monograph upon the tracing of footsteps
- Monograph upon the influence of the trade upon the form of the hand
- The Book of Life, the "somewhat ambitious" title of an article written for an English magazine, attempting to show how much an observant man might learn by accurate and systematic examination of all that came in his way
- Practical Handbook of Bee Culture
- Francois le Villard translated some of these works into French

---------------------
matt laffey
@always1895 on Twitter
Always1895.net
Priory Scholars of NYC
Always1895 on Twitpic

March 14, 2013 1:54 pm  #53

He was a busy man.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

November 23, 2013 4:12 pm  #54

I'm not sure if it's already been posted somewhere but...
There's a new entry on John's blog!!!

I'm so happy.... season three is coming
Oh, and don't worry,  there aren't any spoilers

November 23, 2013 4:42 pm  #55

Right. And now everybody is waiting for the anonymous comment......

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 23, 2013 5:33 pm  #56

I am so excited. And yes, let the anonymous comment come. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 23, 2013 6:45 pm  #57

wow this is sooo exciting!!! and the first appearance of Mary! So, he meets her during Sherlock's absence, and oh God it would be really amazing if there would be that 'anonymous' comment

The Game is On!

November 23, 2013 6:48 pm  #58

SusiGo and Mattlocked and Marva, do you think anonymous is Sherlock or Moriarty?

Because (as Wholocked and Mary Me) I'm not sure either who anonymous and theimprobableone are and thought about it quite a long time...

Last edited by FluteLocked (November 23, 2013 6:50 pm)

November 23, 2013 6:59 pm  #59

FluteLocked wrote:

SusiGo and Mattlocked and Marva, do you think anonymous is Sherlock or Moriarty?

Because (as Wholocked and Mary Me) I'm not sure either who anonymous and theimprobableone are and thought about it quite a long time...

I guess you are referring to 'anonymous' comments in the other, older blog posts? Because there is none in this new post. And I am quite sure, that theimprobableone has been Moriarty...

The Game is On!

November 23, 2013 7:01 pm  #60

Yes, I am
Thank you.

Board footera