BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 16, 2013 1:45 am  #1

Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson Collection Slide Show

Hi, Ross K. Foad at  nplh.co.uk  is now the virtual host of my 30 years in the making Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson Collection of photos & autographs of actors who have played the parts in Film, on Radio, on Stage, and on TV. More than half of my collection is posted in a slide show presentation already, and Russ is adding a few more everyday. Feel free to view my collection at;

http://www.nplh.co.uk/the-howard-ostrom-holmes-and-watson-collection.html

Let me know what you think at:

twitter;  @howardostrom
or
e-mail;  howardostrom@yahoo.com

I hope you enjoy it,
Howard

Last edited by Straker (January 16, 2013 1:59 am)

January 16, 2013 8:24 am  #2

Re: Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson Collection Slide Show

Thank you for posting this link Howard. I look forward to having a good peruse of what you have collected over the years.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 16, 2013 5:09 pm  #3

Davina wrote:

Thank you for posting this link Howard. I look forward to having a good peruse of what you have collected over the years.

Hope you enjoy it, and come back often, as there are still a few hundred more items to be added.

Kindest regards,
Howard

January 16, 2013 10:55 pm  #4

Edward Woodward sadly died in 2009. 
You also have Mr. Birling a.k.a. Geoffrey Whitehead. 

Last edited by Davina (January 16, 2013 11:00 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 16, 2013 11:01 pm  #5

Davina wrote:

Edward Woodward sadly died in 2009.

Yes, many of the pieces were framed years ago. If the year of death is not under the name, then they were still alive when it was framed.

Howard

January 17, 2013 7:14 am  #6

Ah...thought so. There are so many. What an enterprise! I'm going to keep popping back on for a 'fix'. 
I really liked Edward Woodward. He was in a series called Callan many moons ago.

January 17, 2013 11:18 am  #7

Yes, I remembered him as Robert McCall in the TV show "The Equalizer", with Jerry Stiller of all people. He was quite good in that too.

January 17, 2013 1:01 pm  #8

I was thinking also of ""The Equalizer"when I made my last post. I might try to get these on DVD if they are available. In "Callan" he played a spy but it was a gritty, depressing sort of spy life he led (actually more akin in some aspects to Daniel Craig's Bond than other portrayals of 007).

March 14, 2013 9:03 am  #9

Sir, this is truly one absolutely amazing and disciplined collection. Anyone can buy random Sherlock stuff, put it on a shelf and call it "a Sherlock collection" but you have fine tuned the collecting impulse and lifted your niche interest into the realm of Art (in the blood or otherwise!).

Instead of devouring the entire site in one go, I try to only look at a few at a time. I'll also try to mention new acquisitions on the Always1895 Friday Links - email me if there's anything in particular you would like my reader's attention brought.

A tip of the hat to Sherlockian book reviewer and blogger Ross K who hosts Howard's collection on his site No Place Like Holmes or NPLH. If anyone reading this hasn't viewed Straker/Howard's amazing collection, do so now posthaste.

---------------------
matt laffey
@always1895 on Twitter
Always1895.net
Priory Scholars of NYC
Always1895 on Twitpic

Board footera