BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 19, 2012 12:48 pm  #1

I always find amusement online by chatting

Specifically chatting to others in other countries.
There are a million examples of what I mean but I'll stick with Sherlock things to start with.

I was posting on facebook forum, talking about 'the fall' theories.
During the fall, there is the infamous "What's that white thing around Benedict's waist" question. I was posting how it could have been a belt for a safety harness.
Someone else posted a denial of that and added " It was just part of gentleman's underwear."

I giggled, not because it was underwear but because 'down under' we tend not to wear 'undergarments' such as vests/singlets/camisoles etc all that much. I am in a sub-tropical climate, have never seen snow and I think it is freezing if there is a frost (rarely happens more than a few times a year in this part of the country)!
So it's rather 'foreign' to me that there is a need to have so many layers of clothes.

Oh dear, I've made us sound like natives now, lol!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 19, 2012 4:08 pm  #2

Re: I always find amusement online by chatting

Haha XD Right now i wish i lived in Australia It's snowing/raining 24/7 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

February 19, 2012 4:53 pm  #3

Wow, so you're saying that in Australia everyone is naked underneath their trousers?? Woah!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 21, 2012 2:40 pm  #4

Un no, not naked underneath, lol.
We still wear 'undies'.
But where I live even in winter we often find days where we only have a T shirt on in the day time.

Wearing great coats & scarves etc is usually NEVER necessary here, in fact I have very little in the way of 'rug up against the cold' clothes.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 21, 2012 8:53 pm  #5

I thought you were suggesting that everyone in Australia 'goes commando'!
It is a pity you cannot have a nice scarf like Sherlock. Maybe you could get a lightweight one and kind of pretend it's freezing? Never seen snow! Poor thing! Although I have to say that in the part of the world I live i.e. South-East England we only have to have a centimetre or two and everything comes to a halt!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 22, 2012 7:56 pm  #6

I'd rather live in a warm climate than a cold one, although it's nice to pretend to be Sherlock when I'm walking about.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera