BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 10, 2013 10:11 pm  #21

Re: Mistakes - anyone notice any?

^ Maybe she is just still very happy to see him? 

Not a mistake but something I never really understood: after Sherlock had made John send the message to Jennifer Wilson's mobile phone and the murderer calls back, Sherlock says that only the murderer would do that while someone who had simply found the phone would ignore the message. That would only be true if we assume that the finder wanted to keep the phone but I think most people would be honest enough to give it back to the owner - so why ignore the text?

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

March 11, 2013 5:28 am  #22

Lily wrote:

That would only be true if we assume that the finder wanted to keep the phone but I think most people would be honest enough to give it back to the owner - so why ignore the text?

Well, you think that most people are honest enough to do this, and so do I, by the way. Sherlock surely doesn't, his opinion of "people" in general does not seem to be very high. Could that be an explanation?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 11, 2013 1:13 pm  #23

romahp wrote:

This is very silly, but it stuck out for me so here goes..
 In SIP, the scene when John is about to knock at 221B and SH joins him on getting out of a taxi and they are standing there talking on the pavement. Now, I should point out that SH later on tells John that he 's already moved in, which means he is already living there i.e. Mrs.Hudson is already his housekeeper. We never see them hugging or greeting each other on any other occasions when SH is entering or leaving his rooms. So when Mrs.Hudson opens the door and fondly hugs him, saying "Sherlock....", we assume that they are meeting after a long time! When in fact he's already her tennant! That seemed very odd to me, so yeah maybe you think it's stupid..yeah maybe it is!

He is still new in the flat, or? Just moved in, looking for a flatmate now. He even seems to have no own key at that time . So the hugs might be there because the whole situation is new. Btw: The flat looks as if Sherlock it still uses more for storage purposes. And: We see Sherlock hugging Mrs. Hudson more than one time, e.g. short before "the game is on" (when Sherlock leaves Baker Street).

March 11, 2013 1:15 pm  #24

Lily wrote:

^ Maybe she is just still very happy to see him? 

Not a mistake but something I never really understood: after Sherlock had made John send the message to Jennifer Wilson's mobile phone and the murderer calls back, Sherlock says that only the murderer would do that while someone who had simply found the phone would ignore the message. That would only be true if we assume that the finder wanted to keep the phone but I think most people would be honest enough to give it back to the owner - so why ignore the text?

According to my experience: Most finders don´t give electronic devices back - sad, but nevertheless true. Maybe it depends where you live: in big cities - no!

March 11, 2013 6:08 pm  #25

Well, I found a nice mobile a year ago: I just called the first person I found on the register it happened to be the best friend of the owner: they were really happy to have their mobile back. Same thing happened to my hubby (ex-hubby now) a couple of years ago. So I guess some people will still give back electronic devices

March 12, 2013 7:16 am  #26

anjaH_alias wrote:

romahp wrote:

This is very silly, but it stuck out for me so here goes..
 In SIP, the scene when John is about to knock at 221B and SH joins him on getting out of a taxi and they are standing there talking on the pavement. Now, I should point out that SH later on tells John that he 's already moved in, which means he is already living there i.e. Mrs.Hudson is already his housekeeper. We never see them hugging or greeting each other on any other occasions when SH is entering or leaving his rooms. So when Mrs.Hudson opens the door and fondly hugs him, saying "Sherlock....", we assume that they are meeting after a long time! When in fact he's already her tennant! That seemed very odd to me, so yeah maybe you think it's stupid..yeah maybe it is!

He is still new in the flat, or? Just moved in, looking for a flatmate now. He even seems to have no own key at that time . So the hugs might be there because the whole situation is new. Btw: The flat looks as if Sherlock it still uses more for storage purposes. And: We see Sherlock hugging Mrs. Hudson more than one time, e.g. short before "the game is on" (when Sherlock leaves Baker Street).

Thanks, that makes sense now! :D

May 18, 2013 3:55 pm  #27

I not sure if this was a mistake, but in the reflection on the taxi it reads"Glasglow 592" was this supposed to be there as glasglow is a long way away!

May 18, 2013 6:22 pm  #28

Oo! I wonder if that was a deliberate nod by the director Paul McGuigan? Well spotted!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 9, 2013 8:06 pm  #29

SussexieVampire wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Yeah, I also noticed that the victims took 2 pills in a vial, and that when he "plays" with Sherlock it's only one pill. Maybe there is no game, maybe he just forces them to take it at gunpoint. Kind of dull but there you go...

I noticed the same thing too... I think he plays a different game with Sherlock or they just made a mistake while filming the beggining scenes.

I screencapped (is that a word?) the pills and in all cases I see 3 pills in the vial. Only the first man is showed putting the pill in his mouth (only one), but I assume it's the same in all the cases. Anyway, it looks like the cabbie cheated or changed his game for Sherlock... or they made a mistake filming the scenes.

August 9, 2013 8:59 pm  #30

tobeornot221b wrote:

3. Watch the shot cabbie lying on the floor in a puddle of black blood. When Sherlock screams: "The name..now...!" the blood has miraculously vanished.

I screencapped both monents and matched the tiles under the cabbie and, as someone suggested, he moved. The blood bellow his arms is blocked from view by Sherlock's shadow/body and the cabbie's head is on the larger pool of blood.

May 5, 2014 2:33 am  #31

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I'm not sure if this is a mistake or not but...

When the cabbie texts Sherlock to say "Come with me", how did he get Sherlock's mobile number? We know he has John's number because they texted him earlier off John's phone, but how did he get Sherlock's?

The only explanation I can think of was that he got it off Moriarty...who is bound to be able to get hold of people's numbers easily - he's got the genius and the technology to do it.

SERIOUSLY?! it's on his website! In the pilot, he asks for John's phone, because his number is on the website. I signed up to this website just to post this! OMG >.<

May 5, 2014 6:20 am  #32

And you know what? Someone already posted that. Check the fifth post on the first page of this thread.

May 5, 2014 4:36 pm  #33

TeeJay wrote:

And you know what? Someone already posted that. Check the fifth post on the first page of this thread.

And you know what? I don't really care.

May 5, 2014 9:03 pm  #34

And moving on.....

"Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street.”
 - Sherlock Holmes
"Brainy's the new sexy"  -  Irene Adler
“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”  - John Watson
"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"  - Jim Moriarty

May 5, 2014 9:05 pm  #35

Wow I cant believe i never noticed the blood disappearing even though that's been resolved now!! I was wondering about the pills though!! I watched it again today - and it's still as good as ever!!! mind you now you've pointed all this out, I'm going to have to watch it again!!! ;)

- Sherlock Holmes
“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”  - John Watson
"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"  - Jim Moriarty

May 5, 2014 11:45 pm  #36

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

May 6, 2014 11:27 am  #37

There's actually quite a big writing error at the end, namely the shock blanket gag. Just like every other screenwriter in the world, Moffat didn't seem to know the difference between circulatory shock and psychological shock. 

May 6, 2014 6:27 pm  #38

Omg the arm!!! Haha would think they'd b so careless!!! Silver blaze, what is the difference??? I have no idea - would love to learn something new!!! Pm me if you do want to take up space on here, but I think some others might b interested too!! ;)

- Sherlock Holmes

May 6, 2014 9:09 pm  #39

Well, there's this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shock_(circulatory)
And I'm not an expert, but basically circulatory shock is when the perfusion of blood is somehow disturbed, for various reasons, the most common ones are severe blood loss and cardiac arrest. It leads to hypoxia and death, depending on the severity. 

Psychological shock is more commonly called acute stress disorder. It's when people are disoriented after an acute primary stress response. It's not harmful by itself, though it might be a predictor of ptsd, I don't know if that link is there. 

The shock blanket is for the former condition; people who are in circulatory shock need to be kept warm and calm so that they need as little oxygen as possible. I suppose you could use it for the latter condition too but people in psychological shock don't necessarily need to be kept warm. As far as I'm aware the most important in that situation is that people around them remain calm and don't reinforce the stress. 

May 6, 2014 9:28 pm  #40

Cool thanks!!! I can act really clever to my friends now!!! what, didn't you know???.... ;)

- Sherlock Holmes

Board footera