BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 8, 2012 2:43 pm  #1

Sheet Music to Theme Tune

If anybody can read sheet music and wants to learn to play the Sherlock theme on piano/violin/guitar etc then here's a link to it:

http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/7c4e7ebf0aee96f38a85a8e3a2bdd83d084ab90c

It also plays through the bars through you bit by bit, which is really cool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 20, 2012 4:12 pm  #2

Re: Sheet Music to Theme Tune

thanks

May 25, 2012 6:20 pm  #3

Oh! You've made my day. Going home in a few hours and will play it right away.

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 29, 2012 8:47 am  #4

Brilliant, I shall work on mastering these notes!

June 29, 2012 8:54 am  #5

Thank you for posting, boss. I will be learning this when I get a piano in front of me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

July 29, 2012 8:30 am  #6

Does anyone know if there is a link anywhere to the sheet music for the other Sherlock theme, the slower one that is played during the opening credits? I would really love to have that one.

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

August 2, 2012 7:17 am  #7

You could try tweeting David Arnold &/or Michael Price and ask them about availability of sheet music.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 2, 2012 11:11 am  #8

This, indeed, is a pressing concern. I am about to apply for the Sherlock Fan Orchestra, and even they couldn't find the sheets. Eventually the composers agreed to share them.. I would love to buy the booklet so I had all the music! Practising keeps my brain engaged..

August 2, 2012 10:53 pm  #9

Davina wrote:

You could try tweeting David Arnold &/or Michael Price and ask them about availability of sheet music.

Thanks for the info, Davina...unfortunately I do not have a twitter account...darn it! 

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?

August 2, 2012 10:54 pm  #10

The Doctor wrote:

This, indeed, is a pressing concern. I am about to apply for the Sherlock Fan Orchestra, and even they couldn't find the sheets. Eventually the composers agreed to share them.. I would love to buy the booklet so I had all the music! Practising keeps my brain engaged..

Why would I do that?

March 9, 2013 8:15 pm  #11

I know this thread is old but i found a sherlock medley with all the themes in it! I just need to post twice before I can post the link. 

March 9, 2013 8:16 pm  #12

So this is my second post and then i can post it (hopefully)

March 9, 2013 8:17 pm  #13

Ok so here is the link. Its a piano medley that has all the themes in it.  

http://www.scribd.com/doc/91131088/BBC-Sherlock-Piano-Medley

March 9, 2013 9:35 pm  #14

Looks great - but one has to pay for download, right?

(I think that's alright, just saying)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 10, 2013 1:19 am  #15

I don't think so...  I printed it fine but before when Ive had problems with that site i've had to upload a document (which can be anything) and its let me do stuff

March 10, 2013 10:07 am  #16

My God, that looks hard...but quite exciting.

March 12, 2013 4:48 pm  #17

I've had this arrangement for months, but I haven't had enough time to work on it.  It's a lot of fun though, especially One More Miracle. If you can make it through.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

March 17, 2013 10:06 am  #18

Well, I'll give it a go. I don't play the piano though so I'd be doing it on the violin. Probably just play the main melody line. Unless you've seen the violin music anywhere??

March 17, 2013 8:30 pm  #19

Irene's theme is just the melody line, so that would be really easy to do on violin (I tried it on flute).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

March 17, 2013 11:28 pm  #20

Yeah, I can play that one already! It's a pretty easy one for violin.

Board footera