BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2013 1:25 pm  #6581

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

please have mercy. I´m at work :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

March 8, 2013 1:27 pm  #6582

Sparrow, pls take it slow and be careful, she was away for a couple of days and might suffer some injury 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 8, 2013 1:45 pm  #6583

Mercy is not in my vocabulary. What can you do, that's how we sociopaths are. 

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

March 8, 2013 1:54 pm  #6584

Wonderful pics but why do they always have to play with his eye colour? He's got such amazing eyes. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 8, 2013 2:29 pm  #6585

Well, perhaps they didn't. Perhaps it's just the light. My eyes are similar in color to his and they do appear golden-y in certain lighting. Or perhaps it was edited by a Merlin fan.

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."

March 8, 2013 2:32 pm  #6586

Oh no, these are his real eyes. I know this kind of editing - because everything else is black and white the eyes look so yellow. 

So, Mrs W - great to have you back! I hope you had a nice time! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 8, 2013 2:37 pm  #6587

thank you,Mary! I´ ve missed you all, really. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

March 8, 2013 2:41 pm  #6588

I'm gonna miss you all too when I'm in Austria 

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 8, 2013 3:15 pm  #6589

we´re seriously addicted, aren´t we?

March 8, 2013 3:19 pm  #6590

Very much so 
And no Sherlock in the meantime NOOO  Okay, there's only one way: I'll get me the soundtracks so that I feel reminded of some scenes when sitting in the bus or trying to fall asleep...

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 8, 2013 4:06 pm  #6591

Mary Me wrote:

Very much so 
And no Sherlock in the meantime NOOO  Okay, there's only one way: I'll get me the soundtracks so that I feel reminded of some scenes when sitting in the bus or trying to fall asleep...

I've been using Sherlock as background noise - yay for Netflix!

March 8, 2013 7:37 pm  #6592

heyy and happy women´s day to us all!

March 8, 2013 7:44 pm  #6593

It shouldn't be women's day. It's mother's day and I think it should have stayed that way instead of being deemed "women's day". Mothers are the bravest things in the world in my opinion and they should have a day just for themselves. You don't do anything to be a woman, but it takes courage to be a mother.

There, I said it. 

Last edited by Sparrow (March 8, 2013 7:46 pm)

March 8, 2013 7:56 pm  #6594

Erm, Mothers Day and Womens day are 2 different days.  They both still exist.  It's Mother's day here on Sunday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 8, 2013 7:58 pm  #6595

And on the second Sunday in May in Germany. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 8, 2013 8:08 pm  #6596

March 8th is mother's day. Or at least it's supposed to be. And while your countries may also celebrate mother's day separately, it's not internationally celebrated. And I simply disagree with turning "Mother's day" into "Women's day". Where I live, Mother's day has recently been alotted the first Sunday of May, but it's not right. I don't like it.

Last edited by Sparrow (March 8, 2013 8:11 pm)

March 8, 2013 8:11 pm  #6597

Sparrow wrote:

It shouldn't be women's day. It's mother's day and I think it should have stayed that way instead of being deemed "women's day". Mothers are the bravest things in the world in my opinion and they should have a day just for themselves. You don't do anything to be a woman, but it takes courage to be a mother.

There, I said it. 

Umm...  but we do have a Mother's Day.  In May, over here... know it's similar in Canada and UK...not sure about other countries (or variations on the theme).  International Women's Day today is simply to highlight women as a whole all over the world and to keep trying to bring attention to the plight of some of them (girls denied education or being forced to marry young, etc), and just to simply celebrate the achievements of them.  Kind of really sucks, but still happens.  And if you want to use it simply as your right to be a free woman and swoon over certain pictures with no consequence (heck, even encouragement!), well, then.... good thing we have this thread.     

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 8, 2013 8:15 pm  #6598

We are all way off topic.  But does it matter which month Mothers day and Womens days are?  Surely what matters is that we celebrate them!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 8, 2013 8:17 pm  #6599

All agree with you, Russell! Very well said 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 8, 2013 8:41 pm  #6600

Russell wrote:

Umm... but we do have a Mother's Day. In May, over here... know it's similar in Canada and UK...not sure about other countries (or variations on the theme). International Women's Day today is simply to highlight women as a whole all over the world and to keep trying to bring attention to the plight of some of them (girls denied education or being forced to marry young, etc), and just to simply celebrate the achievements of them. Kind of really sucks, but still happens. And if you want to use it simply as your right to be a free woman and swoon over certain pictures with no consequence (heck, even encouragement!), well, then.... good thing we have this thread.

​But I'm not from neither the UK nor Canada. And 10 years ago, March 8th was Mother's day, at least where I live. And I do not agree with the "decision" of changing it into "women's day". I just don't, so sue me. If they wanted a women's day, they should have made that May something, I wouldn't have minded.

besleybean wrote:

We are all way off topic.  But does it matter which month Mothers day and Womens days are?  Surely what matters is that we celebrate them!

It matters to me, obviously.

Anyway, back to topic.

Last edited by Sparrow (March 8, 2013 8:41 pm)

Board footera