BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 20, 2013 3:36 am  #1

Graham Norton's Comic Relief Marathon

Martin is going to be one of his guests.  It starts at 7 pm on March 7.

February 20, 2013 11:18 am  #2

Re: Graham Norton's Comic Relief Marathon

Thanks for sharing!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 21, 2013 1:03 am  #3

Yeah, I've heard about this! So looking forward to it; I'm curious to see how it turns out. :D

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
"The Sherlock show is the equivalent of a pack of chips, a box full of popcorn or an assortment of the finest Swiss chocolate; once you start, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO STOP. EVER. IT'S THAT GOOD." quoted by me when trying to convince my friends to watch the show.

If you want to check out my music works, here's my youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/JayhanTheMusician?feature=mhee
If you like my works, then like my facebook page ;D : https://www.facebook.com/Julia.Jayhan.Handschin

February 21, 2013 7:01 am  #4

Let's hope it goes better than the one with Mark Wahlberg the other week. That was a car crash of a show in many respects.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 7, 2013 8:43 pm  #5

All right, I'm posting on this forum because IT'S HAPPENING RIGHT NOW.
Did you guys post any question? I sure did.
And I'm excited... But honestly, I don't think I'm lucky enough. XP

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
"The Sherlock show is the equivalent of a pack of chips, a box full of popcorn or an assortment of the finest Swiss chocolate; once you start, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO STOP. EVER. IT'S THAT GOOD." quoted by me when trying to convince my friends to watch the show.

If you want to check out my music works, here's my youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/JayhanTheMusician?feature=mhee
If you like my works, then like my facebook page ;D : https://www.facebook.com/Julia.Jayhan.Handschin

March 7, 2013 9:50 pm  #6

Uh, and I can't watch. However, will it be available on the internet? Does somebody know where I can watch it tomorrow? 

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 7, 2013 11:03 pm  #7

LOL, I just watched the one with Martin Freeman.
They showed Johnlock fanart. I don't particularly like some of those, but wow... Some of them were really EXPLICIT.
And to answer your question, no, not for the time being... I think you're gonna have to wait a while till it's available on the net.
I'm watching it via DVR, since I can't stay up to watch everything. I'll watch more of it tomorrow... If it's interesting.

March 8, 2013 6:59 am  #8

You can see the fanart part of it here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

March 8, 2013 7:04 am  #9

Thanks, Wholocked, that's hilarious. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 8, 2013 7:28 am  #10

Did you all enjoy the piece?  I thought it was a bit naff and that frankly Martin looked a bit bored.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 8, 2013 9:23 am  #11

There's some discussion going on if it was the right to show those pictures, if Martin was really cool or just tried to hide his embarrassment and so on. I'm not sure about that. The people who created this fanart post it freely all over the Internet and want people to see it. The audience may have laughed but nobody knows the artists so they weren't ridiculed personally. And everyone knows the Sherlock fandom's quite mad so it doesn't change a thing. 
On the other hand one may argue that it was a charity event and that is was unnecessary to show these things. In the end this is not what Sherlock is about. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 8, 2013 10:47 am  #12

He was probably just very relieved that he didn't have to share the stage with Mark Wahlberg!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 8, 2013 11:28 am  #13

Wholocked wrote:

You can see the fanart part of it here

Ah cheers! Oh my god, oh my god oh my god! Martin is adorable as always and - oh god - I can't believe that they showed this kind of fanart. That was hilarious! But maybe I laughed a bit too loud. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 8, 2013 3:15 pm  #14

besleybean wrote:

Did you all enjoy the piece?  I thought it was a bit naff and that frankly Martin looked a bit bored.

I wasn't sure whether he was bored or annoyed. It was hard to tell. I didn't feel like he was all the comfortable with it for some reason. That could just be my take on it though.

Thank you for your questions, now sod off and go do something useful --- Martin Freeman 3/1/13

March 8, 2013 10:45 pm  #15

Yesterday was the first time where I actually watched the Graham Norton show, and I discovered for the first time yesterday how Graham - or at least his show - tends to be explicit. I'm quite sensitive about this sort of fanart or this kind of crude humor in general, and I really didn't enjoy this interview because it was so badly conducted. While it was meant for a good cause - nice idea with charity - I don't think that Graham was sincere in this interview or even showing great interest to his guests. All what mattered to him was to break the world record.
I was gonna say I'm disappointed that the interview with Martin Freeman was so short, but on the contrary, I'm actually really relieved. If this interview had dragged on, maybe Graham would have started reading Mature-rated fanfiction to the whole world or God knows what.
If you want great interviews who ask interesting/funny questions, you can either count on Stephen Colbert or Jake Hamilton.

March 8, 2013 10:55 pm  #16

As I said I really like Graham amd I normally enjoy both his radio and TV shows.
The 1st time Martin  was his guest(on TV), it was genuinely funny.
We have to accept it's peak viewing. popular TV and is meant to be outrageous comedy.
For me they didn't even use the best examples of the art work and were kind of making fun of the fans...
Whether or not it was good publicity for the show, I don't know.
I guess Martin is know for racy humour...
Anyhow, glad they made a ton of money for charity.

EDIT:  this has just been posted on Twitter...but it may have been because of watershed issues:

Re-watching Richard Curtis on comic relief - he is still very moved by it all. They have edited out the #Sherlock fanfic bit.

Last edited by besleybean (March 8, 2013 11:12 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 9, 2013 12:58 pm  #17

besleybean wrote:

As I said I really like Graham amd I normally enjoy both his radio and TV shows.
The 1st time Martin  was his guest(on TV), it was genuinely funny.
We have to accept it's peak viewing. popular TV and is meant to be outrageous comedy.
For me they didn't even use the best examples of the art work and were kind of making fun of the fans...
Whether or not it was good publicity for the show, I don't know.
I guess Martin is know for racy humour...
Anyhow, glad they made a ton of money for charity.

EDIT:  this has just been posted on Twitter...but it may have been because of watershed issues:

Re-watching Richard Curtis on comic relief - he is still very moved by it all. They have edited out the #Sherlock fanfic bit.

Could you post the source, please? And wait, "fanfic"? As in fanfiction? Are you sure they didn't mix it up with fanart?
And honestly, what do they mean by being moved? Shocked?

Board footera