BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 4, 2013 10:10 pm  #1801

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

How can you even use 'chocolate' and 'too much' in the same sentence? 

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

March 4, 2013 10:13 pm  #1802

It's all a bit of a blur, I lost count ... Just so much that I felt a little sick.

By the way, nobody seems to like my text alert - the "so shall we begin" from the Star Trek trailer. My family thinks the voice is scary and sounds like something from a horror movie. Even the dog fled when he heard it for the first time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

March 4, 2013 10:16 pm  #1803

Don't worry as long as you're happy with it. I've got it, too. But then I don't get many texts. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 4, 2013 10:19 pm  #1804

They'll just have to get used to it. I think it's great.
Alternatively I could use Moriarty's "I gave you my number". I wonder if they would find that less scary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

March 4, 2013 10:31 pm  #1805

Exactly. Sherlock didn't consider people's feelings either with his moaning alert. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 5, 2013 5:17 am  #1806

Happy belated birthday!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 5, 2013 5:29 am  #1807

...when there is a computer expert talking on the radio whose name is "Chatterjee" and you nearly drop your coffee mug.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 5, 2013 10:41 am  #1808

Been off-line a while computer glitch. However...yes SHERLOCK was a real person's surname in the obituary column and what I didn't mention was his first name was John.

You know you're obsessed when you are sitting in a cold study on the BIG computer because your i-pad charger has gone on the blink...right here...right now!

I want to get Moriarty's one cos his accent makes me go all ...wobbly!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 5, 2013 11:56 am  #1809

Davina wrote:

Been off-line a while computer glitch. However...yes SHERLOCK was a real person's surname in the obituary column and what I didn't mention was his first name was John.

I can't believe it. *hiding in corner, having a little cry*

March 6, 2013 11:53 am  #1810

When you start clearing your throat all the time like Dr Watson and when you start to analyse everything like Sherlock

Last edited by Doctor_Watson's_Girl (March 6, 2013 12:08 pm)

March 6, 2013 2:47 pm  #1811

When little things can suddenly make your day better:
So today during the homework help, the children were asked to write a story and a boy in the fourth grade told me that he was going to write about a murder. (I smiled at him) And in his story, the murderer is a cabbie who kidnaps his victims and forces them to commit suicide (you can imagine that my smile grew bigger) by making them swallow death pills and the cabbie also has two children and is sponsored by a criminal. I wanted to hug him sooo badly but well, I had to stay professional. Anyway, it made my day better. Unbelieveable that he knows the series.

Last edited by Mary Me (March 6, 2013 2:50 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 6, 2013 3:20 pm  #1812

Well, that isn't really his OWN story then, right?   

....when you meet your best friend after 12 months and you chat about this and that and finally talk about Sherlock. And you agree that he is SO good looking and that the series is BRILLIANT. And you talk and talk and ...... after a while you notice SHE's talking about Robert Downey jr.    LOL

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 6, 2013 3:36 pm  #1813

But RDJ isn't that bad after all. He turned me back into a Sherlock Holmes fan again after thirty years.  

March 6, 2013 3:38 pm  #1814

No, he is nice - and we bought his Sherlock Holmes, too - but still, it was really something between funny and annoying. Talking about different guys / shows the whole time without noticing.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 6, 2013 3:39 pm  #1815

SusiGo wrote:

But RDJ isn't that bad after all. He turned me back into a Sherlock Holmes fan again after thirty years.  

Here! Here! And now we get a bloody good looking Brit to stare at and that voice.....

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

March 6, 2013 4:38 pm  #1816

As well as Jude Law, of course! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 7, 2013 11:33 am  #1817

Jude Law! With a moustache! <3

March 7, 2013 11:35 am  #1818

When you start comparing characters in other shows to Holmes and Watson....

"That's what people DO!"

March 7, 2013 11:53 am  #1819

When you get so tired of your dreary little cell of an office at work and decide to "pretty" it up.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 7, 2013 12:16 pm  #1820

Very effective, KP. And a bit distracting. 

Board footera