BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 6, 2013 8:42 am  #21

Re: Live twitter chat with Martin Freeman TODAY!

Russell wrote:

Hey guys! So this is kind of related, kind of not. I know this is a forum of people addicted mainly to a few actors in particular, but seeing as most of us are pretty excited about Hobbit stuff, we can agree that Richard Armitage rocks, too.... right? ;)

And being as it was pretty cool of Martin to stop by https://twitter.com/TheHobbitMovie and tweet through them with the fans for a moment, I thought you'd like to know that (maybe after the popularity of Martin's visit detailed in the above thread..... maybe because they're just making the rounds of cool movie plugs all the way to the release...), Richard Armitage is doing the same tomorrow! Just so happened to notice when I curiously re-checked the feed to see if there had been anything new since. No idea what time, but should be fun!

Agreed; I thought that was really cool from the people of the Hobbit to give us fans a chance to ask the actors some questions... WHICH IS WHY I ALREADY POSTED MY QUESTION 10 MINUTES AFTER THEY ANNOUNCED IT. HAH. XP

Yeah, since we're talking about twitter feeds related to the Hobbit, we can always keep it in this topic, since I know that it won't be active after a while...

Oh, did you see the one with Sir Ian McKellen? That was so hilarious! One fan asked him if he ever used on of Gandalf's quotes. Sir McKellen replied: "Visiting schools, I have warned students that if they don't revise hard for their exams: You shall not pass!"

X'D

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
"The Sherlock show is the equivalent of a pack of chips, a box full of popcorn or an assortment of the finest Swiss chocolate; once you start, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO STOP. EVER. IT'S THAT GOOD." quoted by me when trying to convince my friends to watch the show.

If you want to check out my music works, here's my youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/JayhanTheMusician?feature=mhee
If you like my works, then like my facebook page ;D : https://www.facebook.com/Julia.Jayhan.Handschin

March 7, 2013 6:03 am  #22

Awww….  these guys are so great!!       
It ended up being not just Richard, but Andy Serkis and James Nesbitt too!  Would hate to spam, but noticed some of you enjoyed getting to read the gist of the session with Martin on here (either for ease of reading, or because don't care for twitter or what have you?), so was wondering if you'd like to see the one with the other guys, too, occurring to me to ask since I didn't see any more mention about it on here.  Just fun.  Seriously, so many of the things much of us on here are fans of have such neat people involved...  love it.

(and no, jayhan, being as barely keep up with the huge gamut of promo stuff/chats very well in the first place, I'm lucky I even saw this one!  so cute... were there any other neat lines you remember from the one with Ian?)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 7, 2013 6:05 am  #23

Yeah, why not? I'd love to. Go ahead 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 7, 2013 6:45 am  #24

Ha...  aww, okay....   
Um.... keep in mind (hence spam warning) it was three guys, though... not to mention odd/interesting difference, considering their 'typical busy-ness'... Martin stopped by for barely half an hour, and of course his typical humorous yet brief self.  Watching the one with the other guys, they didn't answer very many very quickly, quite a few pauses in between over the course of nearly three (?!) hours as they seemed to be hanging out, or maybe were eating/getting questioned for something else on the side, before coming back to it to answer a ton and wrap up?  Not to mention all three happening to be there... cutely amusing wondering how that worked out, and that they didn't have to hurry...  (then again, I suppose they might be doing promo rounds, and didn't have to be rushing back to England like our favorite hobbit...  ;P  ;))

So thus gives us three of the neatest dudes in one of our current favorite 'franchises'...  ;))

#AskGollum  What does it has in its pocketses?
Andy: USB stick, car keys, and of course, I never travel anywhere without the precious.

#AskThorin   Would you rather fight a horse-sized duck or an army of duck-sized horse?
Richard: Horse sized duck.  Good in hand-to-hand combat and (can give) a sword to the beak.

#AskGollum   If you could swap roles with any other actor from the movie, who would it be and why?
Andy:  It would be @IanMcKellen because I've always wanted to say "you shall not pass" in his fruity tones.

#AskThorin   If you could have dinner with any 3, fictional or non-fictional, who would they be?
Richard:  Richard III, John F. Kennedy, and Ian McKellen

#AskBofur   Will you be as adorable in Desolation as you were in Unexpected Journey?
James:  It's not for me to say, but I imagine I'll be every bit as adorable and perhaps even more so.

#AskGollum   Do you find yourself having a Gollum/Smeagol moment when cameras stop rolling?
Andy: Yes. Often when I am traveling home on the tube “No precious, that’s a completely lie. There isn’t a tube.” “Where are we then, Precious?” “That’s for me to know and you to find out. Gollum, Gollum.”

#AskBofur   Who is the better singer between you two?
James: #Bofur. has a natural voice, #Thorin has a trained voice.

#AskThorin   What was the scene you were most excited to shoot? And the one you were more worried about?
Richard: Thorin’s first arriving in Bag End. Because you are seeing him out of his comfort zone and starting his journey.

#AskGollum   Hi Andy! What was the biggest difference between filming LOTR and The Hobbit? Thanks for answer.
Andy: On #TheHobbit, I was also directing the 2nd unit, which was an unexpected journey.

#AskBofur   Do you wear the same hats as Bofur in your free time
James: Not before I did the movie. I’m hoping to start an entirely new trend because it think the hats symbolize hope, courage and innocence. And also I look great in them.

#AskThorin   Somewhere in the world you've always wanted to travel to, but not had the chance to yet?
Richard: Peru. I would like to climb Machu Picchu

#AskGollum   What is your favorite line from #LOTR and #TheHobbit.
Andy: "If you want him, come and claim him.”

#AskBofur   Did you become tired of going through the make-up everyday? What is the best memory from the set?
James: Beyond your wildest imagination of tired. The very notion of going back to it fills me with dread and fear. But it certainly reminded me I was in #TheHobbit every day

#AskThorin   I am making hobbit feet for a Tolkien mad 9yr old...Any tips even though you were a dwarf
Richard: Lots of talcum powder when putting them on. Use lots of hair. Stay on flat surfaces and avoid stairs.

#AskGollum   Andy, can you hug Richard?
Andy: Mmmm. This is nice. Some Gollum on Thorin action. How’s it for you Thorin?

#AskBofur   James, dolled up dinner out or comfy home cooked meal in?
James: Dolled up, dinner out all the way, every time.

#AskBofur   What's your favourite book?
James: The Catcher in the Rye

#AskGollum   what do you consider your 'precious' in real life?
Andy: My iPad mini. And, of course, my family

#AskThorin   Richard, what's currently n°1 on your bucket list?
Richard: Climb Everest.

#AskThorin   It must be hard putting on all those makeup and costume! Which part do you dread the most?
Richard: The face because it was the most uncomfortable, it stings, and fills up with sweat.

#AskGollum   Hi Andy! What scene was the hardest for you to try and portray?
Andy: As an actor, riddles in the dark. As second unit director, scene 88.

#AskGollum   what is working with #PeterJackson like?
Andy: Enormous fun. Hugely challenging. Totally exacting. Different on every take.

#AskBofur   If you could've played any other Dwarf EXCEPT Bofur, which one would it be?
James: That’s a good question. I’d like to play Ori, he’s a funny little character.

#AskBofur   Would you ever consider growing a Bofur-like moustache for yourself? It's a good look
James: I have, but not quite like that. I’m a big fan of facial hair. But Bofur’s would be quite hard to cultivate. But I’ve received pictures from at least ten men who’ve grown Bofur mustaches.

#AskGollum   Which one do you prefer, Gollum or Smeagol?
Andy: Smeagol. No, Gollum. No, Smeagol.

What't the weirdest thing a fan has ever said to you? #AskGollum Certainly nothing I can repeat.

#AskThorin   What's your favorite dessert?
Richard:  Chocolate ice cream.

#AskThorin  What is your recipe for life?
Richard: Chocolate ice cream. Treat others as you would want to be treated. And lots of chocolate ice cream

#AskThorin   What is your favorite part of playing Thorin?
Richard: 1.) Making him fight. 2.) Trying to rationalize his madness.

#AskThorin   (one) thing you are afraid of ?
Richard:  Deep water.

#AskGollum   Andy if you could be any other LOTR character who would like to play and why?
Andy: Galadriel. She gets the best frocks.

#AskGollum   What is your favorite planet?
Andy: Mercury. Because it was this planet that was able to lead Albert Einstein to prove his Theory of Relativity

#AskGollum   Ooh gosh , okay so how cool was it to play the creepiest creature ever??
Andy: Creep in your books maybe, but I always approached Gollum as the romantic lead. Especially in The Hobbit. He looks cute, huh?

#AskThorin   what characteristics do you admire of Thorin and why, & what do you recognize in yourself?
Richard: His nobility and bending will to succeed. We share a propensity for a bad temper and anxiety of care.

Thanks fans for supporting the film. Come back and keep watching. - Richard Armitage

We loves you, precious fans. Yuck, I want to vomit. Don’t be nasty Gollum. You’re such a creep, Smeagol.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

March 7, 2013 7:43 am  #25

Thanks so much for posting this, Russell!! It was definitely a big effort for you, so I appreciate you doing this! It's really cool of 'em to come all together and answer our questions. Just shows how awesome they are. XD
Oh, and the one with Ian McKellen? If anybody's interested, I could post 'em here, too... They're pretty funny. ;D

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
"The Sherlock show is the equivalent of a pack of chips, a box full of popcorn or an assortment of the finest Swiss chocolate; once you start, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO STOP. EVER. IT'S THAT GOOD." quoted by me when trying to convince my friends to watch the show.

If you want to check out my music works, here's my youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/JayhanTheMusician?feature=mhee
If you like my works, then like my facebook page ;D : https://www.facebook.com/Julia.Jayhan.Handschin

March 7, 2013 8:21 am  #26

Thanks Russell. Love James!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 7, 2013 6:50 pm  #27

Davina wrote:

Thanks Russell. Love James!

Hee...   thanks!!   ... I don't know...  apart from Martin's sassy adorableness in interviews, I'm getting a very-close-behind soft spot for all the quips I hear from Andy!   

March 8, 2013 12:43 pm  #28

The question to Andy about swapping roles was from me! So glad he answered me.

Board footera