BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 6, 2013 10:29 am  #6501

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

^No idea, but he looks very sweet.

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

March 6, 2013 12:27 pm  #6502

Oh yes, we do!!!!!

http://ohtheoestrogen.tumblr.com/post/44701114934/yes-yes-yes-this-is-my-background-fyi-sauce

Last edited by Ivy (March 6, 2013 12:28 pm)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 6, 2013 12:43 pm  #6503

Gorgeous pic! But it would be pearls before swine to put him in that office. Just imagine the boring speeches, no sheets anymore, no lovely interviews … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 6, 2013 1:17 pm  #6504

SusiGo wrote:

He looks twenty but it's around the time of Stuart, isn't it? 

It's from this interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3ZVneUeHt4 (warning: 10 min of Benedict's voice)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

March 6, 2013 1:24 pm  #6505

SusiGo wrote:

Gorgeous pic! But it would be pearls before swine to put him in that office. Just imagine the boring speeches, no sheets anymore, no lovely interviews … 

Agreed, we wouldn't want that! But what a sexy politician.

I didn't know the idiom "Perlen vor die Säue" is the same in English! Thank you, Susi.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 6, 2013 1:34 pm  #6506

Er, I think he'd be very distracting. I think I'd really take to watching parliamentary debates if I had the chance of hearing his voice! Just imagine him talking about tax reductions and EU norms on the size of tomatos and none of the women (and some men) understanding a word but simply drowning in that voice. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 6, 2013 1:38 pm  #6507

^Yesh me too. But that would be dangerous. People would start thinking I care about politics. o_O

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."

March 6, 2013 5:54 pm  #6508

Ivy wrote:

I didn't know the idiom "Perlen vor die Säue" is the same in English! Thank you, Susi.

I suppose it's the same in every language, it's from the Bible

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

March 6, 2013 5:59 pm  #6509

Sparrow wrote:

KeepersPrice wrote:

Sparrow, the second picture in your set today actually made me gasp out loud. OMG, if that isn't the most wonderful, gorgeous expression. It's going to the top of my list in my favorites - immediately!

You're welcome.

You just should've hear me squealing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 6, 2013 6:19 pm  #6510

Wonderful interview. Not only the face and the voice, this man talks in such an eloquent and intelligent way. What was that thing about brainy and sexy? 

March 6, 2013 6:22 pm  #6511

SusiGo wrote:

Wonderful interview. Not only the face and the voice, this man talks in such an eloquent and intelligent way. What was that thing about brainy and sexy? 

Yes, indeed. I always watch interviews with actors because the way someone speaks says so much about them. He is truly an intelligent man. 

March 6, 2013 8:49 pm  #6512

No post for 14 hours? This must change. 

March 6, 2013 8:59 pm  #6513

This is lovely.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 6, 2013 9:10 pm  #6514

And without hamster cheeks. 

March 6, 2013 9:13 pm  #6515

Even the blonde hair isn't too bad...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 6, 2013 9:16 pm  #6516

Glad you like it. You know I'm a big PE fan. 

March 6, 2013 9:21 pm  #6517

I like PE as well and can whole-heartedly accept Ben's blonde Christopher T. look.
Though - if I had the choice... I would be more into this:

Last edited by tobeornot221b (March 6, 2013 9:26 pm)

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 6, 2013 9:23 pm  #6518

I'm with you, Tobe! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 6, 2013 9:26 pm  #6519

Well, yes, this is … not bad. 

March 6, 2013 10:12 pm  #6520

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

Board footera