BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 25, 2012 8:47 am  #1

Where would Sherlock go on holiday?

The basic premise of the story I'm writing for the Sherlockology/Undershaw competition, involves Watson forcing Sherlock to take a holiday. Sherlock doesn't really want to, because obviously he'd much rather stay in London and solve crimes, but John is quite insistent that he should have a break and eventually he's persuaded and they go away for a week. The question is, it has to be somewhere that Sherlock would agree to, so obviously he's going to put his foot down at some places, but other suggestions he might be more open to.

So, if Sherlock was forced to take a holiday, where would he go that he doesn't find too dull or annoying?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 25, 2012 8:52 am  #2

Re: Where would Sherlock go on holiday?

Rome
Isn't the Vatican near there? hmmmm....

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

April 25, 2012 9:34 am  #3

That's what happens in The Empty House...where did they go then?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 25, 2012 9:45 am  #4

Wasn't that in The Final Problem? Holmes pretends he wants to take Watson on a holiday but really it's all part of his wider plan to finally meet up with Moriarty in Switzerland. I think they tour around various different place, but ultimately end up at the Reichenbach Falls. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 25, 2012 9:58 am  #5

Yeah that was Switzerland; been done before ... go somewhere else! lol

Actually, the 'updated' version would be different. Back in those days, it was usual for the 'big'  holiday to be somewhere in Europe; what would be today's comparison to that?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

April 25, 2012 10:11 am  #6

Somewhere in America perhaps.

April 25, 2012 10:14 am  #7

Yeah that's the key to this updating thing; finding a modern day parallel to the original things.
I think Switzerland was considered 'exotic' back then. Maybe someone has more knowledge on that. It's hard to know these things when I am not from there lol.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

April 25, 2012 10:15 am  #8

Thailand then?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 25, 2012 10:25 am  #9

Thailand could be. Or Indonesia. Or maybe somewhere in Africa.

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 25, 2012 11:44 am  #10

I can't imagine Sherlock sunbathing in Indonesia (esp. in Bali) :D

I think where ever he may go, there will be some case appear before him.. and in the end, John will upset because their holiday is ruined... 

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

April 25, 2012 12:02 pm  #11

theCuriousOne wrote:

I think where ever he may go, there will be some case appear before him.. and in the end, John will upset because their holiday is ruined... 

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm planning, hehe.

There's blatantly going to be some murder at their hotel or something and Sherlock won't be able to resist solving it.

April 25, 2012 12:11 pm  #12

I think he might like going to somewhere like japan.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 25, 2012 3:17 pm  #13

I'd send him on an archaeological excavation to Egypt or China.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 25, 2012 3:47 pm  #14

AUSTRALIA, please bring him to Australia !!!

Or what about Mykonos with an attractive blonde and some reading material (if you don't get the reference, try You Tube)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

April 25, 2012 4:37 pm  #15

Greece would be interesting (love Greece) or America - Sherlock can then make comments and get in trouble...My mate did this when we went to NY for a conference- he asked for fag at customs and they looked at him in disgust (fag is not cigarette - its a homosexual)

Watson: Anytime you want to include me... "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes. I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intellect!"

April 25, 2012 5:08 pm  #16

Anthea_MI6 wrote:

Greece would be interesting (love Greece) or America - Sherlock can then make comments and get in trouble...My mate did this when we went to NY for a conference- he asked for fag at customs and they looked at him in disgust (fag is not cigarette - its a homosexual)

Ha, that would work so well in Sherlock. John would be able to make one of his "we're not a couple" statements.

April 25, 2012 7:38 pm  #17

We could start another thread. Words that Aherlock could use in the US that will cause confusion or get him in trouble. Could be useful for the CBS Alimentary series with Jonny!

New thread about to be unravelled!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 12, 2012 1:42 am  #18

Hmm, interesting question! :D I'm not entirely sure... maybe America or Africa as some of you guys have suggested! Of course, Sherlock has probably already been to America -- to help convict Mrs. Hudson's husband in Florida. ;P
But I like the thought of him going to Egypt, it seems like it'd make for an interesting story, haha. :D Also, there's so much history in Egypt: tombs, mummies, and such. Sherlock did show an interest in the skulls at the museum anyways, maybe mummies would interest him too. ;P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

May 12, 2012 7:47 am  #19

It'd be like Sherlock Holmes meets Indiana Jones.

May 12, 2012 1:41 pm  #20

Haha, I suppose it would! That'd be an interesting crossover. xD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

Board footera