BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 14, 2013 2:55 pm  #121

Re: Technical Help and Questions

Is there a way I can completely turn off the fancy WYSIWYG editor? Clicking the "Source" button appears to let me type code, as I prefer, but it still interferes with things. I can't use my option (alt) key as I want - when I try to hit opt+0 (to type a degree symbol), I get an Accessibility Help pop up. I do not want this, I do not need this, I want to be allowed to use my keyboard as my OS is programmed to use my keyboard - it does everything I want and need.

ETA: Oh, good, I think I found it. When I go to my profile and click on Viewing Options, there's a "Show advanced message editor when posting." checkbox. I unchecked it and saved. On my first page load after that, I still saw the advanced editor. But after I clicked a few links and came back, the normal editor was back. Yay!

Last edited by equiraptor (January 14, 2013 2:58 pm)

January 14, 2013 3:14 pm  #122

Love you, equi, for sharing this

Only, then the smilies are gone, right? :-(

Last edited by Harriet (January 14, 2013 3:17 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 15, 2013 3:03 am  #123

equiraptor wrote:

................When I go to my profile and click on Viewing Options, there's a "Show advanced message editor when posting." checkbox. I unchecked it and saved. On my first page load after that, I still saw the advanced editor. But after I clicked a few links and came back, the normal editor was back. Yay!

Thanks Equiraptor, I hadn't gotten around to poking at the 'dials' here.

Everyone : read the quote & hop to it and all your troubles will be over,.......... and a yellow brick road will appear before you..... click your heel together .... oh wait there's Elton in the distance ........... Oh and Patrick Swayze gowing ...... oh and .......

Ahem, yeah anyway, thanks for that.

**of course you'll lose the emoticons that way; but if you use a reference page for them, you can still have them:

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 15, 2013 8:57 am  #124

Using the advanced thingy I have worked out that if I post emotions at the end wherever I want them it all works ok.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 18, 2013 11:00 pm  #125

hmmmm---  I  can't see the bottom images  of   BC  that  were on this forum  two  days ago---the ones where he is Sherlock.   Under the image of  SHERLOCK  with the London Eye  wheel?   Is anyone else having this glitch?  I've refreshed my page  5 times,  all I see is that box with the red cross in it.  

ETA:  Oh  there it is.   All fixed now. 

Last edited by sherlockskitty (January 18, 2013 11:06 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

January 18, 2013 11:05 pm  #126

Having the same problem!

Last edited by biscuitbear (January 18, 2013 11:05 pm)

January 18, 2013 11:05 pm  #127

kazza474 wrote:

**of course you'll lose the emoticons that way; but if you use a reference page for them, you can still have them.

Emoticons are back in the box.

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 18, 2013 11:09 pm  #128

the only trouble with emoticons is that I don't know what the titles of them are.   With the  old set up,  we could see the titles as we  put our mouse on thembefore they were posted.   still I love having them.  

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

January 18, 2013 11:11 pm  #129

With the settings Equiraptor mentioned above you will have exactly the same as it ever was.
Well, at least the same as I used to know 

Last edited by Harriet (January 18, 2013 11:11 pm)

January 18, 2013 11:29 pm  #130

ARGH...the images are gone again.    where's my daily dose of sherlock???   Davina  or Kazza, or Boss,  are you working on this image thing now?

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

January 20, 2013 3:45 pm  #131

What exactly is the problem you're having Skitty? Everything is working ok for me now I've reverted to the original method of posting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 22, 2013 11:33 am  #132

kazza474 wrote:

Omg, that's just too cute.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 23, 2013 1:59 am  #133

EDITED  feb 12--That image is gone again.   There's nothing I can do,  to get it back.   Someone needs to upload it somewhere else and THEN  post it back here.  

the problem I'm  having,  is that I cannot see the  IMAGES  of  SHERLOCK  that  are at the bottom  of this  forum. All  I  see   is  a  white  box  with a red cross.   I  finally  figured out  WHY.  

Right click your mouse  over the image  up  on top of sherlock &  john  running, Click  on PROPERTIES  and  ,   and you'll see that  it's a   IMAGE  shack   hosting site,  and  the TYPE  is  PNG.   

Right click  your mouse over the image of the london eye  and the word  SHERLOCK,  click properties, and you'll see it's a fan pop hosting site,  which I've never heard of,  and the TYPE  is  JPEG.

Now,  do the same thing over  bottom image  of sherlock  in his  many poses,  and you'll see it's a fan pop hosting site link, BUT  the TYPE   is not available.   THAT   wis probly why i cannot see it.    I  stopped seeing this image AFTER  the christmas images were taken off.  Before then,  I  WAS  able to see it.   Yep!!

The  posting box  here  is fine.    I'm  seeing the box with the  choices up above,  and not on the bottom,  which is what someone at boardhost changed it to.  That's fine.

And THIS is why I have a magnifying glass over my eye in my avatar!!  Meeoooowww!!!

Ok  edited on jan 26th--  I  can see the image now!!   thank you  for fixing it!!   Lovely!! 

edited on jan 31  2013--   ooops  those  images are gone again.   I  think   someone better fix the TYPE  thing  inside the properties box...My  pc  can only  see  JPEG,  PNG, BMP.   There's a jpg  in the URL  link,  but the  TYPE  says  Not available.   

Today is one of those days,  hmm?   I  need to go  to walt disney world.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (February 12, 2013 11:50 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

February 26, 2013 4:52 pm  #134

Hi I don't know where to post this question so I put it here: Can I somehow uploud a picture for my avatar from my computer?

February 26, 2013 8:08 pm  #135

Yes, but not directly on the board. You will need a website / image hosting site / ..., upload your picture to that server and create a link which you insert in your avatar settings.

I use picr.de and can recommend them. Others use photobucket or other sites. It's up to you 

edit: Your picture should have a maximum size of 100/100 pixels, according to the forum settings

Last edited by Harriet (February 26, 2013 8:15 pm)

February 26, 2013 8:21 pm  #136

Thank you!

March 4, 2013 2:48 pm  #137

Hello Moderators
Am here after a long time. Many things changed in my life since the last visit. (for good ). Anyways, my question is that can i get my username changed please, coz it's my real name. I had hurriedly made my account here out of excitement..Now i really want to be active here again with a different username... Can I have- Sherlockita , if it's available. 
Thanks..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at those cheekbones, I could cut myself slapping that face… would you like me to try?

March 4, 2013 7:46 pm  #138

Sherlockita wrote:

Hello Moderators
Am here after a long time. Many things changed in my life since the last visit. (for good ). Anyways, my question is that can i get my username changed please, coz it's my real name. I had hurriedly made my account here out of excitement..Now i really want to be active here again with a different username... Can I have- Sherlockita , if it's available. 
Thanks..

Done! Enjoy your new username and thanks for rejoining us again. Glad to hear things are good in your life right now.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 5, 2013 7:38 am  #139

Wow.. boss..thanks a tone!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at those cheekbones, I could cut myself slapping that face… would you like me to try?

March 17, 2013 4:35 pm  #140

Hello everyone!   Sorry if this was brought up recently already by anyone else?  Didn't see any mention on...
Am I the only one who's 'time' on the board is off?  I think it started less than a week ago, but maybe around the time of daylight saving's, because even though I didn't change the (correct) time zone in my profile, all the time stamps on posts are an hour behind for me.  Any clue?   Thanks!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera