BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 1, 2013 10:00 am  #1761

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

By the way, if any of you would like to make some extra cash, I can offer you a part-time job for $25 per hour. It's not hard and you may even find it fun. It involves speaking in English over Skype with those who need someone to correct their mistakes in grammar and pronunciation. Will be paid on a daily basis. If interested, please mail to:  

Direct advertising of his kind is prohibited! Please refrain from doing it again!

Last edited by Davina (March 1, 2013 11:58 pm)

March 1, 2013 10:19 am  #1762

... When you look at a taks in an Biology exam, which is surprisingly clear and hear Moratry's voice in your head: "It's too eaaasy!"

March 1, 2013 1:12 pm  #1763

Myraya wrote:

... When you look at a taks in an Biology exam, which is surprisingly clear and hear Moratry's voice in your head: "It's too eaaasy!"

Happened to me during my english exam 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 1, 2013 1:57 pm  #1764

I just read a short story in A study in Sherlock where at one point there are Canada geese in a park, and I read "Granada geese". *groan*

March 1, 2013 2:28 pm  #1765

when..
You observe everything in your room to check if anyone has disturbed you sock index.
You see any picture of London landscape and all you can think is that it was in Sherlock's title track.
Everytime you hear words or phrases like Frankenstein, to the end of the earth, planes or pilots you have a crazy smile on your face and after that you are distracted for hours..

March 1, 2013 2:34 pm  #1766

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, my son's spending too much time with Minecraft, too. Maybe they'll meet on one of these servers where lots of people can play together. 

I'm sure they will. my brother is SO often over there... *sigh* 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

«Oh! How? What does that matter? So we go 'round the sun. If we went 'round the moon or round and round the garden like a teddy bear it wouldn't make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that my brain rots. Put that in your blog. Or better still, stop inflicting your opinions on the world»

March 1, 2013 4:01 pm  #1767

Mary Me wrote:

Myraya wrote:

OMG, that's so funny! We have the same sickness: Sherlockitis

March 1, 2013 4:05 pm  #1768

Myraya wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

Myraya wrote:

OMG, that's so funny! We have the same sickness: Sherlockitis

That's when Sherlockians suddenly turn to Sherlockoholics! But no sheet, that exam was way to easy... got me desperate... needed three exam sheets

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 2, 2013 9:04 pm  #1769

When your reading a film magazine and there is an interesting info-graphic that causes you to have a mini freak-out with happiness:

"That's what people DO!"

March 2, 2013 9:10 pm  #1770

No. That is just too lovely! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 2, 2013 9:11 pm  #1771

That's hilarious - Benedict being a specific category!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 2, 2013 9:36 pm  #1772

How convenient and informative!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

March 2, 2013 9:42 pm  #1773

God! Whoever the statistics made - I love him and I would like to tell him that he's doing a great job.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 2, 2013 9:43 pm  #1774

Benedict's in a league of his own. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 2, 2013 11:33 pm  #1775

School would be so much more interesting if Benedict were a category of his own.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

March 3, 2013 1:49 am  #1776

That's adorable.  Hilarious.  Ador-ious?     That someone made a cute comparison infograph about the 'typical' elements in upcoming blockbusters that we all know are popular ones, and that he seriously made it to his own category...  :D  :D   Talk about the industry being totally aware of all the 'buzz' with, plus..... c'mon... he is the only one who can claim to be a strong element in -two- of those (unless I'm forgetting any other blockbuster/actor upcoming combos....).   Thanks for sharing!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 3, 2013 10:16 am  #1777

School subject Benedict Cumberbatch. I'd be top of the form.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 3, 2013 6:17 pm  #1778

I'm doing my internship in a secondary school now, maybe I should suggest a new subject: 'Cumberbatching' or something  I'd teach them that in a heartbeat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

March 3, 2013 8:29 pm  #1779

I don't know what I would prefer:

Cumberbatch as a subject
or
Cumberbatch as a teacher...
?

Who am I kidding?!? Latter of course! Just imagine... *faint*

March 3, 2013 8:42 pm  #1780

If you were a monk in a Tibetan monastery you could possibly have had the pleasure of being taught English by Benedict some years ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera