BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 1, 2013 11:15 pm  #1

Live twitter chat with Martin Freeman TODAY!

From the Hobbit's official Facebook page:

"Join us for a LIVE Twitter chat with Martin Freeman today (Friday, 3/1) at 5:30pm PT / 8:30pm ET!

Follow us on Twitter @TheHobbitMovie (https://twitter.com/TheHobbitMovie), and send in your questions now by using the hashtag #AskBilbo!"

I'm hoping to be up to check this out. I don't have a twitter account - I hope I don't need one - but I'd seriously like to see how this turns out.

If you got a Twitter account, then what ARE you waiting for??? Send in your questions!!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
"The Sherlock show is the equivalent of a pack of chips, a box full of popcorn or an assortment of the finest Swiss chocolate; once you start, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO STOP. EVER. IT'S THAT GOOD." quoted by me when trying to convince my friends to watch the show.

If you want to check out my music works, here's my youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/JayhanTheMusician?feature=mhee
If you like my works, then like my facebook page ;D : https://www.facebook.com/Julia.Jayhan.Handschin

March 2, 2013 1:02 am  #2

Re: Live twitter chat with Martin Freeman TODAY!

I seriously just 'awwww'ed out loud, simply from reading the subject line, because that is so cutely awesome he jumped in on doing that.  Thanks for saying!!!    I mean, it's kinda common in this day of 'live social media connection', but still so nice of the actors, especially when they don't bother with that kind of thing much!   I'll try to watch, but sometimes those live feeds can be hard to keep up with everyone, especially when you have something else going on in real life!   Eep... in half an hour... is anyone else going to be watching this? (and no, you don't need a account I believe to simply read everything being posted)  Was wondering if the rest of us would be so lucky to get a run-down of it afterwards....  ;)  ;)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 2, 2013 1:23 am  #3

Actually, I finally made an account to post some random questions. AAHIFSOFOSF I COULDN'T RESIST! XD

But it's true; Mr Freeman doesn't actually have a twitter account, so the fact that he even bothers to answer us via twitter is so cool from his side. I'm just wondering how he's handling the jet lag; I mean, he'll be answering the questions 8 minutes from now, and it'll be 02:30 am for him...

Well, he'll get himself a well-deserved rest after answering some crazy questions from crazy fans. XD

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
"The Sherlock show is the equivalent of a pack of chips, a box full of popcorn or an assortment of the finest Swiss chocolate; once you start, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO STOP. EVER. IT'S THAT GOOD." quoted by me when trying to convince my friends to watch the show.

If you want to check out my music works, here's my youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/JayhanTheMusician?feature=mhee
If you like my works, then like my facebook page ;D : https://www.facebook.com/Julia.Jayhan.Handschin

March 2, 2013 1:58 am  #4

Ok.... I'm just watching the feed....  and I know, I know this is gonna come across as incredibly redundant to all of you (I mean, seriously, after some of the interview clips/quips we've seen of him), but.......   he, is, freaking, adorable....   ;DDD   Some of his comments about himself and the other actors??     

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

March 2, 2013 12:07 pm  #5

Should we just copy and paste the feed here? I'm sure people would like that. XD

March 2, 2013 12:09 pm  #6

Jayhan wrote:

Should we just copy and paste the feed here? I'm sure people would like that. XD

Me for example 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 2, 2013 12:52 pm  #7

The Hobbit‏@TheHobbitMovie

No, not a whole lot. Same actor plays him. RT @Lisamkossmann: @TheHobbitMovie Do you see any of Dr. Watson in Bilbo Baggins? #AskBilbo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 2, 2013 1:36 pm  #8

#TheHobbit's very own Bilbo, Martin Freeman, is here and ready to answer your questions!

Ioanaruth: What has it got in its pocketses?

Martin Freeman: Mind your own business.

ClartyShoe: Will we get to hear you singing with the dwarves at any point?

Martin Freeman: Unfortunately, I think not.

19freckles94: Were you a fan of the Lord of the Rings films before you were cast as Bilbo?

Martin Freeman: I wasn't, but I am now.

sherlockbaggins: How would you describe your acting style?

Martin Freeman: Wonderful.

andthisisRose: I've only read the hobbit not LOTR we can still be friends right?

Martin Freeman: Absolutely, I've only read #TheHobbit and not LOTR.

Catherine_17: What was your favourite location to film at in NZ?

Martin Freeman: I would say a mountain range called The Remarkables. Absolutely beautiful.

Lisamkossmann: Do you see any of Dr. Watson in Bilbo Baggins?

Martin Freeman: No, not a whole lot. Same actor plays him.

ginaBLANKD: If you lived in Middle Earth, would you be a hobbit, a dwarf or an elf? Greeting from Mexico!

Martin Freeman: I kind of like the way elves conduct themselves. They swan around quite stylishly. They kick ass, but they're peaceful.

shakespond: If you had the decision, would you go on an adventure despite the risks?

Martin Freeman: Yes. Yes, I would. I did.

SuperDarkRose: What was the most challenging scene that you performed in?

Martin Freeman: Well, I enjoy a challenge, so enjoyable scenes were riddles in the dark and anything with @IanMcKellen.

MizzCatLover: Do you still Deejay sometimes?

Martin Freeman: I do still deejay sometimes. For the right people. At the right club.

Rebel4_12: What do you like the most about Bilbo as a character?

Martin Freeman: His integrity, I think. And his ability to surprise himself.

cumberlord: If you were confronted with a tall man who thought he was a wizard, at your door in real life, what would YOU do?

Martin Freeman: I would shut the door and lock it. Well... if he were friendly, I'd hear him out. If I knew it was @IanMcKellen, I'd invite him in. If not, then no.

generalnerdy: Would you prefer hairy feet or hairy hands?

Martin Freeman: Feet. Because they're not on show so much.

Irynne55: When all the filming ends, which of the props Bilbo uses are you planning to ask for a keepsake?

Martin Freeman: Well, I did keep Bilbo's contract. Sting, the sword. And my favorite was his dressing gown. I had my eye on it immediately.

midgeedine: Have you ever tried bungee jumping in New Zealand?

Martin Freeman: Hell no. Even if I wanted to, production wouldn't be very pleased.

afuriousgirl: What is the one line from Bilbo that sticks out to you?

Martin Freeman: I like what he says to Thorin about helping them find his home. I think it's a nice line.

Dariusaqua: Can you tell me why Bombur doesn´t talk into the film?

Martin Freeman: Peter thought it would be funnier if all of his reactions were non-verbal, and I think he was right.

rooniilwazlib: If you could visit any location in Middle-earth and you didn't have to worry about goblins or orcs, where would you go?

Martin Freeman: Rivendell. The same reason that Bilbo wants to stay there. I think it's pretty and civilized. And you feel like there's less of a chance of getting your head cut off.

LaLeaflZ: Shave your head or wear Hobbit's feet all your life?

Martin Freeman: Shave my head. I wouldn't love to do it, but if I had to pick.

IamNikkieStark: If you could swap characters with any other actor from the movie for one day, who would you choose?

Martin Freeman: Gollum, because I like the challenge of that. I would do it very badly, but I'd like to have a go.

muppet1221: If you could have any super power in the world what would it be and why?

Martin Freeman: I think flight. Flight would be good... see the world from 8 miles up.

horta_pedro: Do you think Gandalf was a little bit more fearful in this movie compared to LOTR?

Martin Freeman: Yeah, maybe. I think that's good though because there's a 50 year difference. I think @IanMcKellen was just scared because I was there... He didn't have to deal with that raw power before.

BLANC_Elodie: What's your favorite movie ?

Martin Freeman: Probably the first two Godfathers. And #TheHobbit.

chrissytietjens: Out of all the cast members, which one of you is the funniest/jokester?

Martin Freeman: There were lots of funny people. @IanMcKellen is very funny. James Nesbitt is also very funny. But, in truth, I think I'm the funniest. Very unbiased opinion, of course.

Eugene_Brooks: Did you like Bilbo's wig?

Martin Freeman: I liked it more as it went on. I think it got better as we went on. We found a good fit. It looked a bit like a bad German rock star at one point.

pendrragon: Do you relate yourself to Bilbo in any way?

Martin Freeman: I suppose so. I'm a lover, not a fighter. But aside from that, not much. Although he's got a whole room dedicated to his wardrobe...... and so have I.

frillsandtrills: You should hug Thorin more often.

Martin Freeman: Hah!

Martin Freeman: Thank you for your questions. Now sod off, and go do something useful.

Thanks to all of you hobbits, dwarves, elves & other Middle-earthlings for joining us for our live Twitter Q&A w/ Martin Freeman!

Last edited by Jayhan (March 2, 2013 4:17 pm)

March 2, 2013 1:38 pm  #9

There you go. Now everyone can see it in a more PLAUSIBLY READABLE way. It was a lot of effort, but yeah, go ahead and thank me.

Last edited by Jayhan (March 2, 2013 1:39 pm)

March 2, 2013 1:45 pm  #10

Thank you for writing it all down! 

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

March 2, 2013 1:48 pm  #11

Kudos to you! Thanks a lot for the effort, Jayhan!

"But, in truth, I think I'm the funniest. Very unbiased opinion, of course."
God, I love this man. He is so honest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 2, 2013 3:18 pm  #12

Thank you, Jay!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 2, 2013 3:56 pm  #13

Martin answering tweets.

You're welcome

Last edited by Soquel (March 2, 2013 3:58 pm)

Thank you for your questions, now sod off and go do something useful --- Martin Freeman 3/1/13

March 2, 2013 4:18 pm  #14

Soquel wrote:

Martin answering tweets.

You're welcome

LOL, thanks. I had actually added the picture in my previous post, but it just disappeared... XD

March 2, 2013 4:35 pm  #15

Haha Jayhan. You were overly excited and accidentally hit the delete button most likely. I can relate;)

Thank you for your questions, now sod off and go do something useful --- Martin Freeman 3/1/13

March 3, 2013 3:45 pm  #16

I loughed at the answer with the German rockstar Whom did he think of?

March 4, 2013 12:27 am  #17

Ian McKellen did a couple of these a while back. I spent the half hour refreshing my twitter page every 10 seconds. Brilliant! Love the photo. Too cute! Looks like he's got his hair at a good John length!

================================================================

March 4, 2013 2:18 am  #18

Jayhan wrote:

Martin Freeman: I suppose so. I'm a lover, not a fighter.

!

March 4, 2013 1:38 pm  #19

The Doctor wrote:

Jayhan wrote:

Martin Freeman: I suppose so. I'm a lover, not a fighter.

!

That's a funny reaction you've got there, Doctor... It hints out that you're speechless, yet surprised.
It would have been my first reaction had Mr Freeman answered my question... Isn't that right...

Pendrragon?

(If I got this wrong, then sorry for the confusion. I like the drama. XP )

March 6, 2013 7:10 am  #20

Hey guys!  So this is kind of related, kind of not.   I know this is a forum of people addicted mainly to a few actors in particular, but seeing as most of us are pretty excited about Hobbit stuff, we can agree that Richard Armitage rocks, too.... right?  ;)

And being as it was pretty cool of Martin to stop by https://twitter.com/TheHobbitMovie and tweet through them with the fans for a moment, I thought you'd like to know that (maybe after the popularity of Martin's visit detailed in the above thread..... maybe because they're just making the rounds of cool movie plugs all the way to the release...), Richard Armitage is doing the same tomorrow!  Just so happened to notice when I curiously re-checked the feed to see if there had been anything new since.  No idea what time, but should be fun!

Board footera