BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 28, 2013 7:25 pm  #221

Re: The game is on again (OFFICIAL NEWS ONLY PLEASE)

Davina wrote:

You should be able to watch on the BBC international I-player.

For Apple i-pad owners only. And not in the US. Only for ex-pats with UK ISP addresses. 

From their website ***Initially, global iPlayer will be available in 11 European countries: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, The Republic of Ireland, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and Switzerland.
It will cost 6.99 euro per month (£6.14), with the option of an annual subscription priced at 49.99 euro (£44)****

February 28, 2013 10:41 pm  #222

Davina wrote:

I've been wondering about how to see it in Australia. I only have a general internet connection on my computer. I hate the idea of having to wait longer (I don't have pay tv). I don't want to read what happens I want to see it for myself first. Completely jealous of all you lucky UK people!

================================================================

February 28, 2013 10:45 pm  #223

SusiGo wrote:

No, Arwel, this isn't funny anymore. 

https://twitter.com/arwelwjones/status/307084990255071232/photo/1 

This was what I woke up to this morning! Cue being an emotional mess all day!

March 1, 2013 3:20 am  #224

Well you can use a VPN/Proxy server to view them.

Thank you for your questions, now sod off and go do something useful --- Martin Freeman 3/1/13

March 1, 2013 3:39 am  #225

Soquel wrote:

Well you can use a VPN/Proxy server to view them.

Does this apply in Australia?? If so how do I do it? Yes I know they haven't even started filming yet but a bit of me is panicking that I'll be behind! I am not at all tech-savvy!

March 1, 2013 12:26 pm  #226

Lily wrote:

anjaH_alias wrote:

Does anybody know how these fake ISP servers work? I mean can they be "overworked" and everything is breaking down if too many try to use it at the same time? And how long after the first airing can you watch an episode legally online afterwards, if so and if you are from UK? And another question: How short or long after the first airing does BBC normally offer the dvds then? I heard recently that it´s a couple of days later but I can´t really believe that....

I can only say something about your last question: the DVD of Sherlock series two was available I think at January 22nd or 23rd, so only a week after the last episode had been on tv.

Huu, that wouldn´t be too bad....

March 1, 2013 12:37 pm  #227

ancientsgate wrote:

anjaH_alias wrote:

.... How short or long after the first airing does BBC normally offer the dvds then? I heard recently that it´s a couple of days later but I can´t really believe that....

Just remember that the region 2 DVDs do you no good unless you have a region 2 DVD player. In North America, we're region 1.

I know, I know. But I am from Berlin, I bought a lot dvds from BBC already, so just in case I don´t manage it to watch the films live somehow, it seemingly doesn´t need too long to receive a dvd then.... I don´t want to wait on a dubbed version, don´t watch it anyway, so I could live with waiting for a month or so after the original airing. But half a year or longer waiting for watching it in German then - no way .

Last edited by anjaH_alias (March 1, 2013 12:43 pm)

March 1, 2013 12:39 pm  #228

ancientsgate wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

No, Arwel, this isn't funny anymore. 
https://twitter.com/arwelwjones/status/307084990255071232/photo/1 

OMG. The gravestone was a prop. Well, of course it was. And they took it down after the shoot, wrapped it in a tarp, and stuck it in the storage lockers with everything else. Sigh.

Also the angel behind the grave was a prop - I didn´t not expect that, I thought it was standing there anyway on the cemetary and the Sherlock makers used it because it fitted so well....

Last edited by anjaH_alias (March 1, 2013 12:40 pm)

March 1, 2013 12:42 pm  #229

What about a dvd drive? I mean for the computer?

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

March 1, 2013 12:45 pm  #230

ancientsgate wrote:

Davina wrote:

For Apple i-pad owners only. And not in the US. Only for ex-pats with UK ISP addresses. 

From their website ***Initially, global iPlayer will be available in 11 European countries: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, The Republic of Ireland, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and Switzerland.
It will cost 6.99 euro per month (£6.14), with the option of an annual subscription priced at 49.99 euro (£44)****

One more question, sorry: Does BBC i-player mean I can watch BBC TV live on my (imaginary ) i-pad? not a choice of BBC and this later? Real BBC TV?

Last edited by anjaH_alias (March 1, 2013 12:47 pm)

March 1, 2013 3:11 pm  #231

Oh, just a random fact.... they start filming this month!! bdjhwbfjcn jwefbh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 1, 2013 3:13 pm  #232

​ In case anyone's interested in Sherlock's chair and has some change left. It's a real beauty.

http://www.artdecodesignshop.co.uk/LC3-Armchair-Grand-Confort-Corbusier-1959-furniture-319.artdeco

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 1, 2013 5:36 pm  #233

Lily wrote:

What about a dvd drive? I mean for the computer?

I presume all computer dvd drives in region 1 play region 1 DVDs, and all in region 2 play region 2 DVDs.

I also don't know if our region 1 TVs would be compatible with region 2 playback, even if we were to buy a region 2 player. You know, as small as the world is now, why on earth (no pun intended) don't the powers that be who manufacture DVD technology agree on one format for everyone? Sure would simplify things.

March 1, 2013 5:37 pm  #234

anjaH_alias wrote:

One more question, sorry: Does BBC i-player mean I can watch BBC TV live on my (imaginary ) i-pad? not a choice of BBC and this later? Real BBC TV?

Go to google and put BBC i-player into their search engine. They have a website, and there's loads of info on the internet that should answer your questions.

March 1, 2013 5:56 pm  #235

SusiGo wrote:

​ In case anyone's interested in Sherlock's chair and has some change left. It's a real beauty.

http://www.artdecodesignshop.co.uk/LC3-Armchair-Grand-Confort-Corbusier-1959-furniture-319.artdeco

Surprisingly enough, the description does not say that it is a Sherlock Holmes chair. They would buy a lot more if they would...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 1, 2013 7:07 pm  #236

That's true. The advert should be "As sat in by Benedict Cumberbatch". 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 1, 2013 9:20 pm  #237

Okay, my job:

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 1, 2013 9:24 pm  #238

Well done, Mattlocked. Reliable as always. And such a nice weekly overview (okay, the gravestone excepted). 

March 1, 2013 9:24 pm  #239

Thank you, Mattlocked,  you can always be relied on!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 1, 2013 9:27 pm  #240

221B! *dying*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera