BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 27, 2013 8:42 am  #201

Re: The game is on again (OFFICIAL NEWS ONLY PLEASE)

Davina wrote:

What's a U-Haul?

A brand name of a nationwide truck rental business. People can go and rent various sized trucks to do their own moving, haul stuff to storage, etc. You can rent a truck in Boston, drive your stuff to LA and turn the truck in there, for example.  I'm sure you have such a business in the UK, obviously under a different brand name? U-Haul might have storage locker buildings as well, not sure about that; they're most famous for the trucks.

February 27, 2013 8:45 am  #202

OMG - yesterday evening producer Beryl Vertue said during an event at the British Film Institute that they'll start filming in two weeks!!!

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 27, 2013 8:46 am  #203

SusiGo wrote:

OMG - yesterday evening producer Beryl Vertue said during an event at the British Film Institute that they'll start filming in two weeks!!!  

Sweet! 

February 27, 2013 9:03 am  #204

cool!! here is something I found on my fb today aka 20 reasons to love it/him even more:
http://thecutteralicia.tumblr.com/post/43886713137/20-things-you-may-or-may-not-know-about-bbc-sherlock

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 27, 2013 9:15 am  #205

That's great, Mrs W. I love that it was his idea to take Irene's pulse. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 27, 2013 9:20 am  #206

yes, it stopped my pulse for a few seconds, too 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 27, 2013 11:27 am  #207

Davina wrote:

What's a U-Haul?

ROFL! I guess that answers my question, lol!

Sorry for hijacking the thread, I don't think I'm gonna be able to wait until September to see S3 E1, wish it would hurry up!

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

February 27, 2013 2:46 pm  #208

crazybbcamerican wrote:

.... I don't think I'm gonna be able to wait until September to see S3 E1, wish it would hurry up!

I'm just curious-- as an American, how are you going to go about seeing S3 in the fall? It won't hit Masterpiece Theater until spring 2014 or so. I would love to be able to find a way to see it on the internet that's not illegal or at least dishonest. You have any ideas?

February 27, 2013 3:14 pm  #209

ancientsgate wrote:

crazybbcamerican wrote:

.... I don't think I'm gonna be able to wait until September to see S3 E1, wish it would hurry up!

I'm just curious-- as an American, how are you going to go about seeing S3 in the fall? It won't hit Masterpiece Theater until spring 2014 or so. I would love to be able to find a way to see it on the internet that's not illegal or at least dishonest. You have any ideas?

Maybe the episodes will be available then on some legal internet portals, but I wouldn't hold so much hope. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 27, 2013 4:04 pm  #210

SusiGo wrote:

I was there! It was brilliant!!

She was quite vague and didn't give any specific dates...sort of just slipped it into a normal sentence like "blah blah blah yes we're in post-production now blah blah and we start filming in a couple of weeks blah blah" and then just carried on as if she hadn't said anything amazing!!

But yes, my heart definitely skipped a few beats....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 27, 2013 4:09 pm  #211

Great you were there. Hope you had a nice evening. Maybe you could tell us a bit about it. 

February 28, 2013 12:52 am  #212

Mary Me wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

crazybbcamerican wrote:

Maybe the episodes will be available then on some legal internet portals, but I wouldn't hold so much hope. 

Yeah there's no way legally. The reason the U.S. does this on PBS is they don't want to have to compete (as a public broadcasting station) with the other U.S. programs debuting at the same time in the fall. So they push it to January when they get a better audience. It makes sense business wise, but it kind of sucks as a fan. If you are above board, you will have to wait...if you are not...well...we won't go there.

Thank you for your questions, now sod off and go do something useful --- Martin Freeman 3/1/13

February 28, 2013 6:33 am  #213

Soquel wrote:

....Yeah there's no way legally. The reason the U.S. does this on PBS is they don't want to have to compete (as a public broadcasting station) with the other U.S. programs debuting at the same time in the fall. So they push it to January when they get a better audience. It makes sense business wise, but it kind of sucks as a fan. If you are above board, you will have to wait...if you are not...well...we won't go there.

Yes, I know a couple of the below-board (is that a real term? lol) ways to go about seeing it real soon after it airs on BBC. I don't think I'll go there, though. The best one is probably to get a fake UK ISP address to use temporarily, but I'm not computer savvy enough to pull that off without being real worried about screwing up my connection.

January 2014? Don't hold your breath. I'm thinking more like May. Sweeps months (when official ratings are determined) in the US are February, May and November.

February 28, 2013 8:18 am  #214

Does anybody know how these fake ISP servers work? I mean can they be "overworked" and everything is breaking down if too many try to use it at the same time? And how long after the first airing can you watch an episode legally online afterwards, if so and if you are from UK? And another question: How short or long after the first airing does BBC normally offer the dvds then? I heard recently that it´s a couple of days later but I can´t really believe that....

Last edited by anjaH_alias (February 28, 2013 8:18 am)

February 28, 2013 11:39 am  #215

No, Arwel, this isn't funny anymore. 

https://twitter.com/arwelwjones/status/307084990255071232/photo/1 

February 28, 2013 12:55 pm  #216

anjaH_alias wrote:

Does anybody know how these fake ISP servers work? I mean can they be "overworked" and everything is breaking down if too many try to use it at the same time? And how long after the first airing can you watch an episode legally online afterwards, if so and if you are from UK? And another question: How short or long after the first airing does BBC normally offer the dvds then? I heard recently that it´s a couple of days later but I can´t really believe that....

I can only say something about your last question: the DVD of Sherlock series two was available I think at January 22nd or 23rd, so only a week after the last episode had been on tv.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 28, 2013 1:57 pm  #217

anjaH_alias wrote:

.... How short or long after the first airing does BBC normally offer the dvds then? I heard recently that it´s a couple of days later but I can´t really believe that....

Just remember that the region 2 DVDs do you no good unless you have a region 2 DVD player. In North America, we're region 1.

February 28, 2013 1:59 pm  #218

SusiGo wrote:

OMG. The gravestone was a prop. Well, of course it was. And they took it down after the shoot, wrapped it in a tarp, and stuck it in the storage lockers with everything else. Sigh.

February 28, 2013 2:09 pm  #219

SusiGo wrote:

February 28, 2013 3:15 pm  #220

You should be able to watch on the BBC international I-player.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera