BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 31, 2013 9:00 pm  #1

100 question BBC Sherlock quiz

I compiled this myself. 100 questions. Some of them have already been featured in our weekly quizzes here, and others elsewhere on different quizzes, so...how observant have you been? Good luck and have fun...the game is on...

1.    How much weight does Sherlock say Molly has put on since he last saw her?
2.    What Christmas Carol is Sherlock playing at the beginning of the Christmas party?
3.    What are Irene’s measurements?
4.    What was the name of Henry's therapist?
5.    Names of the two first victims in Blind Banker
6.    Who was responsible for the Leeds triple murder?
7.    How many “proper cases” did Sherlock help out on, according to Anderson?
8.    Which instrument did John learn at school?
9.    What did Sherlock prove Angelo was doing instead of commiting a triple murder?
10.    What was the full message Sherlock deciphered from the A-Z in Blind Banker?
11.    What is the name of the pub in Hounds?
12.    What did Mrs Hudson thought Sherlock wanted so many books for?
13.    What was the name of Connie Prince's cat?
14.    What is the name of Molly’s cat?
15.    What’s the title of Raz’s graffiti artwork?
16.    What is the name of the dummy Sherlock has hanging by a noose at the beginning of Reichenbach?
17.    Moriarty's assault on various British institutions begins at approximately what time?
18.    The presence of which astronomical phenomenon in the "Vermeer" painting confirms that it is a fake?
19.    How many different coats/jackets does John own and can you name/describe them all?
20.    What is the first ever line in the whole series?
21.    Why should they arrest the brother?
22.    What is the first thing Sherlock said to Jim?
23.    How many people died in Great Game?
24.    What is the address of the house used for the 221B exterior shots?
25.    What are the names of the gay couple in Hounds?
26.    What is the cabbie’s licence number in Pink?
27.    What is John’s military rank and what regiment is he with?
28.    What is the name of the bank in Blind Banker?
29.   And Sherlock's "friend" who works there?
30.    What was the name of the circus that Sherlock sent John and Sarah to?
31.    Sherlock isn’t the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
32.    What was the name of the college where the cabbie took Sherlock?
33.    What book is Sherlock reading at the beginning of Reichenbach?
34.    What does Mycroft give Sherlock for Christmas?
35.    On Sherlock’s website, he claims he can ‘identify a software designer by   his …….. and an airline pilot by his ……..’
36.    What is the headline on the paper at the end of Blind Banker?
37.    How old is Connie Prince?
38.    Quickest way to call the police
39.    What is Sherlock’s very first line on screen?
40.    How many kids does the cabbie have?
41.    What three thank-you gifts does Sherlock receive at the beginning of Reichenbach?
42.    What three little words does Sherlock give Kitty as a quote?
43.    What size feet did the intruder in Soo Lin’s flat have?
44.    What is the name of Mycroft's club?
45.    What were the names of the two children who were kidnapped in Reichenbach?
46.    What are the four substances Sherlock first identifies from the sample obtained from the footprints of the children's kidnapper?
47.    What library do Sherlock and John go to? (Blind Banker)
48.    What is the second question Sherlock ever asks John?
49.    What is the name of the woman who runs the art gallery in Great Game?
50.    What colour shouldn’t Mrs Hudson wear?
51.    How many years ago had the Doctors told the cabbie about his aneurysm?
52.    Apart from the wall, what else does Sherlock shoot at Baker Street?
53.    What is the name of the spot on Dartmoor where Henry first encountered the hound?
54.    How many types of tobacco ash does Sherlock identify in his study of the subject?
55.    How many girlfriends does John date (that we are aware of)?
56.    When Sherlock is asked to help with the case of the dead man and the backfiring car, Lestrade advises the investigating officer "Give Sherlock Holmes five minutes on your crime scene, listen to everything he says and…" what?
57.    Which two schools had Van Coon attended?
58.    What has John made for dinner in Great Game?
59.    What would happen if Mrs Hudson left Baker Street?
60.    Name of the museum bloke who fancies Soo Lin Yao
61.    Which train station is Westy found dead near?
62.    Secret code to duck?
63.    When defending himself to the Chief Superintendant, Lestrade says he wasn’t the only senior officer to have done this (ie. Consulted Sherlock). Who else does he mention by name?
64.    How many ringing phones does John walk past before he picks up?
65.    How much are the lucky cats?
66.    What type of perfume does Mrs Hudson like to wear?
67.    Which leg does John psychosomatically limp on?
68.    What level of surveillance status does Mycroft allocate to Sherlock and John?
69.    What were Sherlock’s last words?
70.    According to Sherlock, how can you tell if a Chinese restaurant is good?
71.    When is the only time we see Sherlock offer to buy the milk?
72.    Where did John get his phone?
73.    What song is Sherlock playing on his violin when Moriarty comes for tea?
74.    What’s the name of Soo Lin Yao’s brother?
75.    Where did Mrs Hudson’s husband get himself sentenced to death?
76.    Whose wedding did the gay couple in Hounds recently attend?
77.    What was the name of the highland terrier?
78.    When do we see Sherlock in jeans?
79.    What colour shirt is Sherlock wearing in the scene where he says he only has one friend?
80.    What's the name of the search engine they use?
81.    Name two of the assassins living on Baker Street
82.    According to Sherlock, what was the best night of John’s life?
83.    What item of food do we see John trying to scan in the supermarket?
84.    What was the name of the American in Scandal? (The one Sherlock throws out the window)
85.    Where did Sherlock leave his riding crop?
86.    Sherlock and John call in on Van Coon’s flat but there is no answer. Sherlock then tries the flat above. What was the name of the woman who lived there?
87.    Moriarty’s tie pin is of …?
88.    Name of the waiter at Angelo’s
89.    What is the piece of music playing when Moriarty breaks into the crown jewels?
90.    Mrs Hudson is being two timed by whom?
91.    And where does he have wives?
92.    “We’ve only just met and….” (Finish the quote)
93.    Name of the female jury member who got blackmailed by Moriarty into deciding him not guilty
94.    The rhythm of the non-existent code is ….?
95.    What year was the Carl Powers case?
96.    Two food options at Barts in Blind Banker
97.    Where does John hide Sherlock’s cigarettes?
98.    What names make up the acronym H.O.U.N.D?
99.    Describe the shirt Sherlock was wearing in the court scene in the Reichenbach Fall.
100.    The new Breitling watch that Sebastian was wearing came out in which month?

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (March 8, 2013 8:54 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 31, 2013 9:01 pm  #2

Re: 100 question BBC Sherlock quiz

OMG. Goodbye job, goodbye household. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 1, 2013 12:11 am  #3

Ha... neat...  (and a bit cutely super-geek coming up with all of those...  ;) )
This reminds me a bit of an interesting debate considered, though, especially with a fandom like ours, into Sherlock style deduction.  Maybe sometimes it's not always seeing vs. observing... remember the one thread where people were practicing observing, but not knowing what meant what.  And then there's just plain memory skill to it, you think?  ;)   I bet I could answer about half of those purely off the top of my head, and just need a light reminder/ hint/ re-watch for the rest.   What about you guys?  May have to give into curiosity when I have a free moment later and throw up my answers on here.   ... What do we win, boss?   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 1, 2013 9:06 am  #4

Heh.... and sorry.... not to get all wordy philosophical earlier in answer to a light-hearted quiz!   Just something always found amusingly intriguing that made wonder, about mental aspects of abilities...  just the kind of stuff that pops into over-musing mind, as probably many of us guilty of!      
And kinda neat you did more subtle stuff, too...  not all the things most of us have memorized by now, regardless of good 'trivia', like John's middle name, or what Sherlock wanted to be, growing up...  ;)  ;)   Although.... cool....  I could answer almost half by memory!  ;D

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 1, 2013 12:41 pm  #5

Ha yeah, it's quite alright...

Well, I guess the idea is that you probably could answer most of them by memory, but there should be a few where you have to have a little think...

BTW...I just noticed two of the questions are basically different ways of asking the same question, but meh, nevermind.

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (February 1, 2013 12:43 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 23, 2013 12:28 pm  #6

I love the questions, well done!
I think most of them I can answer but some I'd need to look up... like Irene's measurements and the binary code and the name of Soo-Lyn's brother (I only remember the translation).
However I don't understand what question 31 refers to. :/

By the way, is the quiz only for us to check how much we know or should we post the answers here?

Last edited by Lily (February 23, 2013 12:29 pm)

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 23, 2013 1:13 pm  #7

@Lily: Question 31 refers to a quote from Sherlock (little hint: Buckingham Palace scene). Don't know if we're asked to post the answers here...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 23, 2013 1:57 pm  #8

Ah, I've got it now! Thank you!

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 26, 2013 2:42 pm  #9

Maybe I'll make a seperate thread for the answers, that way it won't spoil it for people who haven't attempted it yet!

February 27, 2013 7:37 am  #10

I think the object here would be to see how many  questions  ppl can answer in ONE  post.    Even if they have to do research...right?   a separate thread for the answers   is great, and I  hope our boss gives out the corrrect answers when the time comes.   Also--  #99  doesn't make much sense.   Can you edit that one for this kitty  plz? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

February 27, 2013 3:55 pm  #11

I've changed two of the questions because they were basically the same as two of the other questions but worded differently. The ones I've changed are now in italics.

March 8, 2013 8:58 am  #12

Question 29 and question 33 were in the wrong place so they've been swapped over.

I also changed question 80 as I noticed that was another one of those that was the same thing just worded differently, ha, but I think that's it for mistakes...sorry about that, you can tell I wrote this all in one go in an excited fashion. :-)

We have one lot of answers in the answers thread, which is great! Keep going guys! Don't look at other people's answers if you don't want to be influenced, just compile your own in a seperate document then copy and paste them into the reply box without looking at any of the other replies.

Board footera