BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 25, 2013 5:15 pm  #161

Re: Germany board meet up

Schmiezi wrote:

Mary, I fully understand your parents. My mom had similar doubts when I started meeting other Star Trek fans at the age of 14. If it helps, we could meet before the meet up (sounds like a nice idea, anyway) and I'm very willing to meet your partents, if they would like me to.

Sounds like a nice idea. I think it's enough when you'd meet shortly before you'd pick me up. Somewhere around Bonn. But it's not until April, so we've got enough time to fix the details. For example, where exactly tobe's adress is 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 25, 2013 5:17 pm  #162

Hi girls, right now you find me giggling into my tea mug as I'm feeling like being amidst of a surprise party – you know, returning unknowingly home from work to find the flat full of cheerful people.
Yes, up to six of you will be fine – even with the required sleeping space in mind.
There's no need to bring half of your households – just your personal pink overnight bags. But we can discuss the details later. April's just a long way off. (Prior to that London will be calling in March…)
Anyway – I'm looking forward to meeting you – be it for the first or the second/third time!

@Mary: Don't worry, I'm just a nice and harmless lady with a spotless reputation. If there only wasn't that obsession with a certain TV series...!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 25, 2013 5:23 pm  #163

We're all girls, do I get that right?

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 25, 2013 5:35 pm  #164

Yep. And some of us could well be your mother.  

Tobe, I hope we didn't invade your personal space (as they say in the fanfics). 

Last edited by SusiGo (February 25, 2013 5:37 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 25, 2013 5:38 pm  #165

SusiGo wrote:

Yep. And some of us could well be your mother.  

A fact I already told my mother. 

But hey - it's not as if we're all that different. In fact, we're all Sherlockians (Sherlockoholics?) and since we can all giggle about the same things age doesn't matter for me.

Last edited by Mary Me (February 25, 2013 5:40 pm)

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 25, 2013 5:40 pm  #166

Right! Damn. Thanks for pointing that one out, Susi!

I'll go somewhere nice now and tell myself I would only be a Gilmore Girls' Lorelai version of Mary's mother. A veeery young one. Aww!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 25, 2013 5:41 pm  #167

Fanfics? Never heard of them before...
No, everything's fine, Susi. This is going to be fun!

@ Mary - Susi and Mattlocked are the nicest girls you can possibly imagine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 25, 2013 5:56 pm  #168

I will just imagine that I've four new mothers then and make myself at home. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 25, 2013 6:01 pm  #169

Mary Me wrote:

I will just imagine that I've four new mothers then and make myself at home. 

And we won't expect you to tidy up your room or take out the trash!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 25, 2013 6:09 pm  #170

Susi, just rember I considered you could be an axe-murderer when you asked for my address.... 
No, Mary, calm down, she absolutely isn't.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 25, 2013 6:26 pm  #171

Now that I've ensured you're all harmless, I have to uncover my true nature. I am a punk-hippie axe-murderer, pretending to be a sixteen years old girl 

No, I'm not. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 25, 2013 6:28 pm  #172

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

February 25, 2013 6:44 pm  #173

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 25, 2013 6:53 pm  #174

Boring. 

February 25, 2013 7:12 pm  #175

Classic. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 25, 2013 7:18 pm  #176

I just realised I could also be Mary's mother. If I had started out extremely young.
But I have a problem with my parents, too. I currently live in their house. If I just leave on the 21st without saying anything, they'll call the police and report me missing. If I tell them where I'm going, they'll think it's a meeting of drug dealers or axe murderers. That's going to be an interesting discussion to look forward to.

Last edited by QuiteExtraordinary (February 25, 2013 7:19 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

February 25, 2013 7:21 pm  #177

I can fully understand parents who worry about their children, which are planning to meet some complete strangers they only "know" from the internet.
Just saying.
But then you can tell them that the Sherlock fandom is completely trust-worthy. Intelligent AND nice. 

February 25, 2013 7:28 pm  #178

By the way, if anyone is thinking about coming by train: with my student ticket I can take a person with me without any extra cost. My train stops at Cologne, Leverkusen, Düsseldorf, Duisburg and Essen amongst others - so if anyone is from around that area and wants to save costs, I could help.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 25, 2013 7:29 pm  #179

Got it! Got it! I'll be the youngest. 
'Kay, I assume I'll be the smallest too (1,60m). My friends (at least some of them) always have to lean down to me when I'm talking to them. Humiliating, somehow 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 25, 2013 7:30 pm  #180

btw I'm a mum of two. Maybe my daughter will come over this weekend as well. She loves Sherlock and is always curious about what her crazy mum will do next.

Last edited by tobeornot221b (February 25, 2013 7:31 pm)

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera