BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 23, 2013 5:36 pm  #1

Katie Forsythe's universe *warning - adult content*

Some weeks ago I discovered the stories of Katie Forsythe. She writes canon slash and manages to capture the Victorian and Edwardian atmosphere beautifully. This is not for strict ACD purists of course but the love stories are very intensive and sometimes heartbreaking. She weaves many well-known cases into the stories and covers several decades in the life of Holmes and Watson. 

I first found this page: 
http://liquidfic.org/katie.html

And this is the link to her Live Journal page in which she explains the chronology of the stories:
http://katieforsythe.livejournal.com/13726.html?mode=reply

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 25, 2013 3:38 pm  #2

Re: Katie Forsythe's universe *warning - adult content*

Susi, these stories are gems!  I spent some time yesterday going through them and found it hard to tear myself away and get back to the housework I've been so badly neglecting. The author writes in such an intelligent, lovely, ACD manner - and as you said, some of the stories are heartbreaking.  Vintage slash in the hands of a master!  Do you think she had any particular people or actors who have played Holmes and Watson in mind when she wrote the physical characteristics of this pair?  Not BBC, but perhaps Downey and Law?  Good stuff - thanks for the rec.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

February 25, 2013 3:54 pm  #3

Re: Katie Forsythe's universe *warning - adult content*

I'm so happy you like them, too, KP. I love these stories so much. I thought I'd read one or two, but now I can't stop.
Would be interesting to know if she had anyone special in mind but she emphasises Holmes's cleanliness and neat way of dressing. Doesn't sound like Downey although I love the way he looks and dresses in the films. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera