BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 23, 2013 5:38 pm  #1

Soo changeable?

Moriarty probably is changeable but I wondered that maybe he had planned this move. He might have planned to kill Sherlock and John. Walking away, making them believe they were save just to come back moments later would be exactly the kind of thing that he would call fun.
What do you think?

February 23, 2013 5:59 pm  #2

Re: Soo changeable?

Err...... yes. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 24, 2013 12:04 pm  #3

exactly 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 24, 2013 1:21 pm  #4

He's so evil!

Last edited by Myraya (February 24, 2013 1:21 pm)

February 24, 2013 4:24 pm  #5

In this case, I wouldn't put the blame on Moriarty, all things considered, but on Moffat & Gatiss devious minds and their need to create a cliffhanger. They couldn't have finished season 1 with Sherlock just explaining to John in a dark swimming pool how much he cares for him, could they? 

February 24, 2013 4:39 pm  #6

miriel68 wrote:

In this case, I wouldn't put the blame on Moriarty, all things considered, but on Moffat & Gatiss devious minds and their need to create a cliffhanger. They couldn't have finished season 1 with Sherlock just explaining to John in a dark swimming pool how much he cares for him, could they? 

Why not? It would have been very touching ;)
But there is also the possibility that Moriatry really just changed his mind. He didn't seem to be too happy with Sherlock's "answer".

February 24, 2013 5:47 pm  #7

Actually, I don't know what to think of that. He had plenty of oportunities to kill him afterwards, yet he chose to destroy him. like he originally said. So maybe he just wanted to see Sherlock's reaction? Or.. I don't know.

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

February 24, 2013 7:05 pm  #8

Myraya wrote:

Why not? It would have been very touching ;)

Touching, yes. Cliffhanger - no. 

February 25, 2013 5:53 pm  #9

Sparrow wrote:

Actually, I don't know what to think of that. He had plenty of oportunities to kill him afterwards, yet he chose to destroy him. like he originally said. So maybe he just wanted to see Sherlock's reaction? Or.. I don't know.

That's right! That would rather support the theory that Moriatry really just changed his mind and didn't think it through. And afterwards he decided that he'd rather play with Sherlock a little befor he'd kill him.

March 3, 2014 8:46 pm  #10

Wasn't it irene that made him change his mind? Then he came back...

Don't talk out loud Anderson, you lower the IQ of the whole street,

Board footera