BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 23, 2013 7:05 am  #41

Re: Graveyard Questions

Not when they show him alive!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 22, 2013 11:16 pm  #42

Given that the lack of any inscription on the tombstone apart from the name was discussed earlier in this thread, here is a better picture:

There are details, they are just very low and apart from the birthday not readable because the flowers cover everything.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 23, 2013 9:26 am  #43

Good work, Lily! I can decipher January 6 now... 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 23, 2013 9:28 am  #44

I would have wished though they had shown his birth year... I don't know why they don't want to say how old he is.

Last edited by Lily (February 23, 2013 11:23 am)

February 23, 2013 11:04 am  #45

The 6th January? I should have registered two days earlier 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 23, 2013 12:02 pm  #46

6th January is generally given as Sherlock's birthday but I don't know the source for this. 

As for Sherlock's age: In "A Game of the Shadows" you can see a memorial plaque in the church during his funeral service. It says 1854 - 1891. So he would have been 37 (10 years younger than RDJ but almost exactly Benedict's age). But I don't know if his birth year or age is mentioned somewhere in the canon. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 23, 2013 12:05 pm  #47

Sherlock Holmes' birthday is usually assumed to be January 6th 1854 but I'm not sure how this was calculated. An exact date is never mentioned in the books, it's just fan speculation.

Board footera