BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 29, 2012 2:45 am  #21

Re: Cabin pressure

I can't stop laughing.. oh god, hilarious! super hilarious.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

April 29, 2012 6:26 am  #22

It's the delivery of the lines that is so...well...brilliant really!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 29, 2012 8:35 am  #23

Davina wrote:

It's the delivery of the lines that is so...well...brilliant really!

Exactly. It's the actors' work... I mean, you have to listen to Allam and Ben to really get how funny these lines are 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 29, 2012 11:25 pm  #24

I love this. I had no idea it was on YouTube and now I've started listening to it. It's hilarious! I love how with just dialogue and a few sound fx they give you a whole picture of where they are and what's happening. Radio plays are brilliant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 2, 2012 7:02 am  #25

Just listened to Gdansk. Poor Martin, the way his voice wobbles when he resells how he negotiated his salary. Amazing how different Benedictt's voice is in this programme.

Question for the day: cheesecake or strudel?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 2, 2012 12:09 pm  #26

LOL!!!! owh for poor martin I'd like Strudel.. though Cheesecake is really okay!

I can't stop laughing when Carolynn must deal with miss bassoonist..

© unreasonablyme

May 2, 2012 12:32 pm  #27

Cashews with ground glass or salt? I'll go with strudel for poor Martin! Lol

May 2, 2012 5:57 pm  #28

it would be great if Cabin Pressure not just a radio series :D so we can see Benedict as Martin Crieff (a bad luck Martin)... :D

© unreasonablyme

May 2, 2012 9:33 pm  #29

Any news on when they're doing the next series? I would love to get tickets! When I was on the London meet up last week I was speaking to someone who went to the last one and she practically got to meet Benedict. Well, she was in the queue next to him in the cantine but she didn't say anything to him, just quietly fangirled and died inside.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 2, 2012 9:52 pm  #30

I'd love to watch them at a recording. They must have so much fun... I don't really know how they manage to deliver all those hilarious lines without bursting into laughter (specially listening to Roger Allam, he's SO great...)
If I can manage to move to London one day, I'm sure this is one of the first things I'd try to do... get tickets for a Cabin Pressure recording. And of course I would quietly fangirl and die inside...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 3, 2012 2:49 pm  #31

I would love to get tickets for the new series when it comes out!

I've been to two Infinite Monkey Cage recordings and they were great fun!

Last edited by Lisbeth (May 3, 2012 2:49 pm)

May 3, 2012 4:56 pm  #32

Prof. Brian Cox yay! No news yet on series 4 of Cabin Pressure. I guess we keep our eyes and ears peeled (ouch) and maybe John Finnemore will let us know on his blog.

May 3, 2012 5:20 pm  #33

Just listened to "Qikiqtarjuaq" (series 3, episode 1). Oh my God... Benedict's french accent... the travelling lemon... the polar bears!!

May 3, 2012 5:44 pm  #34

err.. what a difficult name of place.. "Qikiqtarjuaq".. I bet I will failed if my English Teacher ask me to spell it..

© unreasonablyme

May 5, 2012 9:21 pm  #35

In case you haven't seen this: Cabrin Pressure/Sherlock crossover 

May 5, 2012 9:51 pm  #36

Round and round and round it goes. Where the lemon stops nobody knows! I love the French accent bit... good...bad! So funny. John is a genius when it comes to writing sitcoms.

Douglas:'Does Bob Holness count in our list of people named Brian?'
Martin:'I'm not a Burke. I'm an airline captain.'
Douglas:'Wrong...on both counts.'

I love Polar Bears too!

May 6, 2012 2:05 pm  #37

I wonder, does anyone have a funny ringtone cabin pressure? example : when arthur said Yellow Car XD

© unreasonablyme

May 7, 2012 3:31 am  #38

Haha that video is awesome.

Edit: I do have one problem with Cabin Pressure. It's the same problem I have with Sherlock. I ran out of episodes

Last edited by Wholocked (May 7, 2012 6:23 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 7, 2012 10:46 am  #39

Wholocked wrote:

Haha that video is awesome.

Edit: I do have one problem with Cabin Pressure. It's the same problem I have with Sherlock. I ran out of episodes

Yes, I know what you mean. It's exactly the same problem I have. But I'm re-listening to the whole series again (and I still laugh a LOT) 

May 7, 2012 12:03 pm  #40

There will be six more episodes hopefully sometime this year. Keep going on John Finnemore's blog for updates. I will keep my eyes and ears open.

Board footera