BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 19, 2013 4:43 am  #1

Touch

Hey guys!
So I was wondering if anyone here watches Touch?  Figure it might be right up some Sherlockian's alley, what with the philosophically cerebral cool drama, and the Season 2 premiere was just so interesting, thought might spur some banter, since no one else I know watches, to be able to talk to them about it.  I…. just….  seriously… crazy wow turn of events, right??   

For those not familiar/curious (first season out on dvd and netflix), it's mainly about a single father (the superb Keifer Sutherland) and his young son he's trying to protect/keep custody of from people trying to get their hands on him.  Why?  Because the boy doesn't speak/communicate/see the world like 'normal' - he sees the patterns, connections and numbers of the universe, trying to get his dad to 'listen' with the numbers he writes that lead them from one connection to the next, various lives helped and intertwined by paying attention to the threads in each episode, alongside trying to live their daily life and keep away from a company that wants to use his 'gift'.
Very metaphysical at times, and can get a little "head-hurty" over-imagining all the facets of the big picture, but my kind of awesome idea, too…. that there are so many not-coincidences and subtle connections that tie so many things together….  the Chinese/Japanese variant on the myth is referred to the red string of fate/red thread of fate/red thread of destiny, that those destined to meet are tied together by the gods with an invisible red thread that may stretch or get tangled, but never break (similar to Western concept of soul mates).  The show deals with that idea in such a neat way, I'm so glad they got renewed… as has been ribbed about before, sometimes the annoying networks here don't always take chances on stuff like that. 

Just thought I'd throw that out there! 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera