BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 30, 2012 11:56 pm  #1

The Keycode

If Sherlock really believed that they could use the keycode to "destroy Richard Brook and bring back Jim Moriarty", then why didn't he just attempt to do that, instead of arranging to meet Jim on the rooftop?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 1, 2012 2:11 am  #2

Re: The Keycode

The code would still take some time to use; and there would be hold ups in accessing the necessary equipment because remember, he was on the run from the police and he hadn't exactly wanted to 'make up' with Mycroft who could have helped with that.

But in essence he could have done a lot of things; but that would have been a boring story then.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

October 7, 2012 4:04 pm  #3

But it doesn't exist, right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 18, 2013 4:33 am  #4

I'm not really sure if the keycode exsists or not. But a couple of throughts, when Sherlock taps his fingers on the roof it's not to the same pattern as Moriarty did previously. Whether this was just to show him he knows or he's just stringing him on.
Another thing I thought about and I could be totally wrong (I'll have to go back and look) but if the keycode does exist and everyone thinks it's at 221B could it be? When Moriarty is carving up the apple he's using a penknife. Is that his? Because he does leave that behind.
More than likely totally not even relevent but just a thought!

================================================================

February 18, 2013 5:30 am  #5

It was only recently that I thought: What if the finger tapping refers to playing on a keyboard instrument?

JIM: You know when he was on his death bed, Bach, he heard his son at the piano playing one of his pieces. The boy stopped before he got to the end ...
SHERLOCK: ... and the dying man jumped out of his bed, ran straight to the piano and finished it.
JIM: Couldn’t cope with an unfinished melody.
SHERLOCK: Neither can you. That’s why you’ve come.

source: arianedevere.livejournal.com/30955.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 20, 2013 1:27 am  #6

Michele wrote:

I'm not really sure if the keycode exsists or not.

It doesn't. If the 'code' was real Moriarty could have nobbled jury after jury using the 'code', letting all the crooks in London go free. Instead he has to hack a hotel TV channel and use coercion....

February 20, 2013 5:46 am  #7

RedJohnsButler wrote:

It doesn't. If the 'code' was real Moriarty could have nobbled jury after jury using the 'code', letting all the crooks in London go free. Instead he has to hack a hotel TV channel and use coercion....

I'm inclined to agree. Just a thought about the penknife.
Although I think that with Moriarty's character enjoying dramatic flare he would probably enjoy personally threatening individuals as opposed to any other form of rigging a jury.
Also if there is a code wouldn't using it be hacking too?
But it's probably just a moot point since there isn't apparently a keycode.

================================================================

Board footera