BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 8, 2012 12:46 pm  #1

Who is your favourite character (not Sherlock or John)?

If you can't pick Sherlock or John, who would you say your favourite character was and why?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 9, 2012 4:27 am  #2

Re: Who is your favourite character (not Sherlock or John)?

Mycroft. He's as interesting & complex as Sherlock but we will never see that much of him. He's a mystery to unravel on our own.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 9, 2012 6:54 am  #3

I think it is Anderson XD just for the fact that Sherlock hates him or maybe Lestrade... But "The Woman" is pretty cool to.... i cant chose 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

February 9, 2012 8:20 am  #4

kazza474 wrote:

Mycroft. He's as interesting & complex as Sherlock but we will never see that much of him. He's a mystery to unravel on our own.

Yeah, and Mycroft is actually pretty intelligent too right?

And of course you gotta love Moriarty - what a great character!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 9, 2012 12:22 pm  #5

Molly.She is intricate and sweet.She apparently loves Sherlock and is ready to do everything for him!

February 9, 2012 4:42 pm  #6

i love jim maurity. especially the bit where he's wearing the crown and seating in the throne in the last episode that made me laugh.

February 9, 2012 5:29 pm  #7

I like mycroft as he is like sherlock but more togather he is clever, funny and has flickers of sherlock about him I like lestrad as well

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

February 12, 2012 8:42 pm  #8

Like is possibly not the right word but... Jim Moriarty is a great character.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 19, 2012 3:45 am  #9

Lorein wrote:

Molly.She is intricate and sweet.She apparently loves Sherlock and is ready to do everything for him!

Do you think she 'loves' Sherlock?
Or is it more that she 'adores' him?
What I mean is, I think she knows she is not in his league/class and so wouldn't harbour any hopes of returned love from him. She does date other guys after all.
Not that it really matters to the main story but always interesting to see these characters and how they deal with things.
Her character isn't in the original, so there would have to be a certain amount of caution that her character doesn't over shadow the main themes.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 19, 2012 4:20 am  #10

I think most of the time she's happy just to have a one way appreciation/adoration of Sherlock without expecting anything in return...although I think if Sherlock suddenly decided he was interested, she would leap at the chance (although even she probably knows this is extremely unlikely). It's a lovely relationship they have though, and she's a very good character...in fact, where would Sherlock be without her...dead, perhaps?

February 19, 2012 11:09 pm  #11

You mustn't forget about Mrs. Hudson. She plays quite a big part both in the original stories and in "Sherlock". Is it not true that she was one of the few, together with Mycroft, who knew the truth about Holmes still being alive after the original "The final problem"? I might be wrong though. Her patience with Holmes peculiarities, like keeping body parts in the fridge, is admirable to say the least. Also, the actress playing her in "Sherlock" is spot on I think.

February 19, 2012 11:35 pm  #12

If Mrs Hudson left Baker Street, England would fall!

February 19, 2012 11:53 pm  #13

I honestly can't choose my favourite character...they are all so wonderful in their own ways. ( Except Donovan and Anderson )
But, if i had to pick, It would be either Mrs Hudson or Lestrade

Last edited by ProudSherlockian121 (February 20, 2012 11:50 pm)

[Sherlock buzzes Van Coon's neighbor]
Eddie's Neighbour: Hello?
Sherlock Holmes: Hi, um, I live in the flat just below you. I don't think we've met!
Eddie's Neighbour: No, well, er, I just moved in.
Sherlock Holmes: [grimaces] Actually, I just locked my keys in my flat!
Eddie's Neighbour: You want me to buzz you in?
Sherlock Holmes: Yeah, and can I use your balcony?
Eddie's Neighbour: What?
[Cuts to Sherlock jumping off of her balcony onto the one below it]

Lestrade: And exactly how many times did he fall out a window?
Sherlock Holmes: Oh, it's all a bit of a blur, detective. I lost count.

I have two awesome signatures. : D

February 26, 2012 11:10 am  #14

My favourite character begins with "M" - the name is "MycroftMoriartyMrsHudsonMolly"

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 27, 2012 11:14 pm  #15

Mycroft, hands down. He is absolutely marvellous, and I really like the relationship he has with Sherlock.

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

February 28, 2012 1:53 pm  #16

Mycroft has such a small part in the original stories, but I think it's great that he's explored in more detail here. He's become a very interesting character.

June 10, 2012 3:14 am  #17

I always liked Mycroft from the original canon, largely because his appearances were so rare, and he maintained this "mystique" about him. I like him here, too, but he's getting a little too much airtime, I think. ('Course, when you write the stuff, guess you can insert yourself as much as you like...)

My favourite non-canon character is, of course, the guy that got whacked by the boomerang.

Uh, actually, MOLLY. I'd walk into St. Bart's right now and give her a big kiss on her too-small-mouth just to make her feel wanted.   

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 10, 2012 3:29 am  #18

Moriarty. I love him and he is perfect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 10, 2012 3:42 am  #19

Yup - Mycroft gets my vote too.  How can you not be intrigued by "the most dangerous man you'll ever meet" who also happens to be the British Government.  I love the way MG plays the other Holmes boy - so smart, so upper class.  To my mind it's perfection....

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

June 10, 2012 10:40 am  #20

You can't really blame Mark for wanting to give himself plenty of airtime, lol. He is a shameless SH fanboy after all.

Board footera