BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 31, 2013 12:58 pm  #81

Re: London Board Meet Up (Monday 25th March 2013)

Harriet wrote:

Well, I once had a friend whose sister jumped from a rooftop, and I have mixed emotions when I see such pictures - I was the one around when my friend got the message. Suicide grief happens also to real people - perhaps happened also to someone who's way leads along St. Bart's. Just a little reminder  

I hear ya, Harriet, but we can't be responsible for everyone's past and everyone's feelings about it. Inadvertently offending or hurting strangers is inevitable in this social media age we live in. I am a suicide survivor--  my beloved sister committed suicide 15 years ago, and I was the one who found her, had to organize her funeral and burial, and deal with everything, including my own anger and heartbreak. I will certainly never get over it, but on the other hand, I don't expect the world to stop so I can get off-- suicide happens, both in real life and fiction, and I don't expect to never be reminded of that sad fact. Just my two cents. Now back to the fun, everyone.

February 7, 2013 8:29 pm  #82

I booked my bus tickets today for the 25th. *dances*

I'm going to start making a more in detail plan for our Sherlockian Tour of London. We're obviously going to go to Baker Street, but I was wondering whether you guys wanted to actually go in the museum, or just into the shop? The shop is free, the museum is £6. If you haven't been in, I would recommend it, it's quite a lot of fun!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 7, 2013 8:33 pm  #83

I will follow you all wherever you go! I was inside the museum with my daughter last December, but I wouldn't mind going again. I'm re-reading the canon after I don't know how many years, currently at 68%, so I'll definitely be done by March 25 and the exhibits will make much more sense to me.

I hope we can buy T-shirts at Speedy's! I think this summer I will wear little else than Sherlock related T-shirts!

February 7, 2013 11:56 pm  #84

I would like the gift shop for sure as I want to bring back some souvenirs.  I'm okay with the museum if others want to do it, but I can live without it too.  It's all fine......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

February 8, 2013 5:54 am  #85

Going to the museum would be nice but is also time-consuming. As we have lots of places we want to pay an at least short visit to we have to decide what will be first, second, third on our priority list.
I think we will also be needing much time for chatting...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 15, 2013 9:15 pm  #86

hi guys! I'm just wondering if you've ever met BC in person? oh that would be my dream. : )

****************************************************************************************************

I have always assumed love is a dangerous disadvantage... Thank you for the final proof.

February 15, 2013 9:34 pm  #87

lorraine_t wrote:

hi guys! I'm just wondering if you've ever met BC in person? oh that would be my dream. : )

Sadly no for me, Lorraine.  And wouldn't I just love to meet Martin Freeman!  But hope springs eternal.  Maybe in London in March we might have a sighting.  Not counting on it but hoping.  The whole Board needs to be our eyes and ears just in case BC or MF sightings or location filming in and around London is detected 

I just had a brilliant idea!  I think the person who travels the furthest for the London March meet-up should get a big prize. 

February 15, 2013 9:44 pm  #88

Yes, we should be in contact with the Board at all times. They could guide us via Skype like Sherlock does with John in Scandal. 

Good idea with the prize, KP. What do you want? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 16, 2013 2:36 pm  #89

What do I want?  Hmmm....what could I possibly want.   Well, I can't say what I really want because the mods would surely delete me and both Martin and Ben would take out restraining orders - so I'll settle for a cuppa at Speedy's instead. 

But, ya know, never count your prizes before they're awarded.  One of our members from Singapore or Australia might just decide to join us and then I'm toast. 

Last edited by KeepersPrice (February 16, 2013 2:37 pm)

February 16, 2013 5:01 pm  #90

You can whisper to us what you want when we meet. Very discreetly. And then we'll try to make it happen. I'm already seeing myself in an arrest cell. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 16, 2013 9:01 pm  #91

SusiGo wrote:

You can whisper to us what you want when we meet. Very discreetly. And then we'll try to make it happen. I'm already seeing myself in an arrest cell. 

Or getting one of those ASBO things like John did, lol.

February 16, 2013 9:59 pm  #92

Exactly. I hope you'll bail me out, girls. 

February 16, 2013 10:02 pm  #93

Or you could be awarded with a new member title: "High Functioning Sociopath with an ASBO"!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 16, 2013 10:22 pm  #94

Thank you, Tobe, very nice title. I feel honoured. 

February 17, 2013 1:54 am  #95

SusiGo wrote:

Exactly. I hope you'll bail me out, girls. 

Ha. That bunch will be lined up in front of the magistrate, right alongside you! (what fun!)

February 17, 2013 1:55 am  #96

tobeornot221b wrote:

Or you could be awarded with a new member title: "High Functioning Sociopath with an ASBO"!

Get a can of day-glo orange graffiti paint, find a good spot, and memorialize that on some wall in London. At least you'll get an ASBO for something that's worth it.

February 28, 2013 10:15 am  #97

I wonder if I will be able to leave a message for you at Speedys. Since I'll be there at some time between the 22nd and 24th. Like "hey girls, try the mocha and sandwich xyz" or something like that

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

February 28, 2013 10:44 am  #98

Try to, then we have something to observe.  And it's a shame we can't meet you there as well. 

February 28, 2013 3:35 pm  #99

Dancing men cipher or something similar maybe? 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 28, 2013 4:04 pm  #100

Yes, that would be nice. Or Chinese numbers. 

Board footera