BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 28, 2013 5:16 pm  #41

Re: Benedict Cumberbatch to Star in the Simpsons

Well, as I said above, I quite like watching The Simpsons. It's maybe because I'm not really grown-up in my head. Which is easily to observe in HERE. ;-P
But with Ben voicing AR I would watch any show. ;-)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 28, 2013 5:34 pm  #42

Mattlocked, I like the Simpsons as well. They have often funny and smart discussions about social and cultural issues, and I think it's too simple to see them just as juvenile. There are more layers in that series, imho. But it could be that the young audience will often miss them 

However, I would prefer an appearance as Sherlock. Or as Benedict 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 28, 2013 5:56 pm  #43

Harriet wrote:

Mattlocked, I like the Simpsons as well. They have often funny and smart discussions about social and cultural issues, and I think it's too simple to see them just as juvenile. There are more layers in that series, imho. But it could be that the young audience will often miss them However, I would prefer an appearance as Sherlock. Or as Benedict

And I confess I stopped watching about 20 years ago. I'm sure the show is different now than it was then. But I gave up. In the very beginning, there was some real humor alongside the satire-- I'll never forget the nuclear power plant where Homer was employed, and just outside there was a pond with one-eyed fish living in it, lololol. Funny, but not funny, you know? I gave up on the thing when it got really famous, and they started doing what my husband calls "an imitation of themselves"-- trying too hard. Nowadays, it really isn't aimed at me; I'm way too old.

January 28, 2013 5:59 pm  #44

Much as I love Ben, I don't think I can bring myself to watch The Simpsons. It's staggering how long this show has been on tv, but it's really not something I care for.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

January 28, 2013 6:17 pm  #45

Yea, could be The Simpsons changed along with the years - but I had great TV moments with them 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 28, 2013 6:50 pm  #46

I don't know if they have changed. I agree with Harriet, sometimes I don't find only comedy, but a kind of deeper meaning. And black humour. I like black humour! ;-)

January 29, 2013 1:27 pm  #47

Mattlocked wrote:

Yeah, found it yesterday on twitter! That is like CB and AR together! Heaven! ;-P
Just wonder if there is really a way to watch it - and NOT someday on German tv!

Well, I hope to find it online, a lot of series are available some days after airing
The Simpsons is nice, I'm gonna laugh everytime I hear Ben's/Alan's (!!!) voice. Awesome

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.” HP and the Deathly Hallows

"Why's it always the hat photograph?"The Reichenbach Fall

February 8, 2013 10:58 am  #48

Benedict as Hugh Grant and Alan Rickman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-dDfG4GZAE&feature=youtu.be

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 8, 2013 11:47 am  #49

No sound here........ Think I have to leave the office early today. 

February 8, 2013 11:58 am  #50

It's very short but nice. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 8, 2013 5:30 pm  #51

Very short, yes. But how he does Snape.... Brilliant!
Even at (in? on?) the Alan Rickman fanforum they are thrilled how Ben voices Alan. 

February 8, 2013 6:24 pm  #52

[and martin was in love, actually-or was it indubitably-little wink, there], but awww. 

Last edited by MaggieM (February 9, 2013 1:19 am)

February 10, 2013 2:37 pm  #53

The Simpson's episode with Benedict is airing tonight on FOX in the US at 20.00 ET/19.00 CT. He voices a Hugh Grant like Prime Minister and Severus Snape.

If you search on Inside TV a bit you'll find his 'bit' to watch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 15, 2013 5:27 am  #54

just another link that may work better.   the very funny Benedict as Hugh Grant/Snape
in "Love, Indubitably" style "Valentine's Day" episode.. 1 minute clip.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/08/the-simpsons-benedict-cumberbatch-snape/

Board footera