BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 31, 2012 6:47 pm  #1

How Long Have You Been A Ben Fan? ~*POLL*~

I've been a fan of his ever since I saw him in Amazing Grace.

How Long Have You Been a Ben Fan?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

January 2, 2013 5:30 am  #2

Re: How Long Have You Been A Ben Fan? ~*POLL*~

I remember him from open-air theatre in London in 2001?02? - however, I never expected him to 'make it big'! Funny, the way life develops..

January 11, 2013 8:21 pm  #3

oh, I saw him first in Sherlock, this November /thanks to my hubby, if he ever knew..../.not a long time, but..it´s a long way to get here .-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 11, 2013 8:39 pm  #4

I assumed we meant BBC Sherlock. But of course for us Brits it's two and a half years now, since it was 1st shown...so I've just voted 3!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 11, 2013 9:01 pm  #5

I have the feeling that I'm a fan since ages. But I'm not as you can see from my first login date.

Last edited by Mattlocked (January 11, 2013 9:02 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 12, 2013 2:24 pm  #6

Who are the two people that are a fan over 5 years? 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 12, 2013 2:27 pm  #7

People who like other film/TV versions of the Canon?
I was raised on Rathbone and Brett.
Ist read the Canon at around 13.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 12, 2013 2:28 pm  #8

Since I know the series. Summer, last year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 13, 2013 8:15 am  #9

Ivy wrote:

I chose that option as I'd seen Benedict act about a decade ago. He was quite lanky back then, and not quite settled in acting yet; however, I noticed him for his curly hair (which I like in general) and his resonating voice. However, I was not really a fan back then, or probably even now. Hard to say though I really like his Sherlock-interpretation!

January 13, 2013 10:27 am  #10

Does kinda make sense, if people were a fan of Benedict from before.
I had never even heard of him before SherlockI

January 13, 2013 10:46 am  #11

besleybean wrote:

Same with me 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 13, 2013 11:26 pm  #12

I've been a fan of Benedict's ever since he was in Amazing Grace(2007, I believe). I wasn't quite as obsessed back then though.

Last edited by horserider99 (January 13, 2013 11:26 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

January 14, 2013 3:51 am  #13

Mary Me wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Same with me 

And me.  It is funny how I mention him here in the USA and people think you're making up his name.  They've never heard of him   or Sherlock.  So I tell them Benedict is the villain in the new Star Trek flic coming out and Martin is the Hobbit and they get excited!  Then I tell them to watch Sherlock if they have Netflix or loan them my DVD's.  We need to get the word out to others and not just in the fandom.  Did the Golden Globe judges even watch Sherlock?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brook is Make Believe!

January 14, 2013 8:07 am  #14

The Doctor wrote:

Ivy wrote:

I chose that option as I'd seen Benedict act about a decade ago. He was quite lanky back then, and not quite settled in acting yet; however, I noticed him for his curly hair (which I like in general) and his resonating voice. However, I was not really a fan back then, or probably even now. Hard to say though I really like his Sherlock-interpretation!

Well of course, especially when you are British, you know him from Fortysomething or Hawking.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 14, 2013 11:36 pm  #15

I just realise that I have know of Martin Freeman for about the same time. He was in an average, short-lived BBC Comedy that must have shown in 2000 or 2001. Quite forgettable though I remember to giggle at his laugh. Yes, that Sherlock laugh is the actual Martin.

Anyway, I started following his work after he played the medical doctor treating Manny in 'Black Books' - and haven't stopped since!

January 15, 2013 6:39 am  #16

See I knew Martin before, from The Office.

January 16, 2013 5:59 am  #17

Crikey, The Office is that old? I never watched it as I found it far too realistic to be funny ;)

January 16, 2013 7:01 am  #18

The Uk Office.
Hubby can't watch it, cos he actually worked for a boss like that.
I love it.

January 17, 2013 4:54 am  #19

besleybean wrote:

Hubby can't watch it, cos he actually worked for a boss like that.

Thank you so much for sharing this fact - I sometimes wondered if I was the only one!!

February 13, 2013 8:49 pm  #20

I never noticed Benedict not until I've watched Sherlock. Thanks to a friend who introduced it to me and I have fallen for Mr. Cumberbatch ever since! haha. Perhaps someone could flash a cameo and I could tell which of the episodes it was taken from. soooo excited for season 3. If only I could get to meet Mr. Cumberbatch,, just an autograph and a pic would do, haha.

****************************************************************************************************

I have always assumed love is a dangerous disadvantage... Thank you for the final proof.

Board footera