BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 10, 2013 10:42 am  #5521

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

...any side-effects? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 10, 2013 10:45 am  #5522

What? To getting plastered? Hangover usually! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 10, 2013 10:49 am  #5523

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 10, 2013 11:24 am  #5524

Is there anything this man can't do? 

Last edited by SusiGo (February 10, 2013 11:25 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 10, 2013 11:26 am  #5525

SusiGo wrote:

Chopping tomatoes, obviously.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 10, 2013 11:28 am  #5526

speaking German? 

February 10, 2013 11:38 am  #5527

As for the tomatos, yes, definitely not. It was more of a massacre. 
Speaking German - I'd love to hear him say something nice in that voice of his. Maybe quote Rilke or Erich Fried. And he did Kafka after all, in English, but it was a step in the right direction. And I love how English people pronounce German. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 10, 2013 12:58 pm  #5528

agree, his Rilke or Heine would be nice to hear...

February 10, 2013 2:20 pm  #5529

SusiGo wrote:

Speaking German - I'd love to hear him say something nice in that voice of his. Maybe quote Rilke or Erich Fried. And he did Kafka after all, in English, but it was a step in the right direction. And I love how English people pronounce German. 

I don't think was really his fault,"The Tomato Chainsaw Massacre" I mean, I'm more likely to blame the knife. Even a "Santoku"would have been better than the one he was using (although my blade of choice would be a Shun "Nakiri" 6.5" ) or theycould have chosen some slightly unripe tomatoes instead.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

February 10, 2013 2:51 pm  #5530

there is never enough photos of his beautiful smile!

Last edited by Mrs.Wenceslas (February 10, 2013 2:53 pm)

February 10, 2013 2:55 pm  #5531

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

February 10, 2013 5:02 pm  #5532

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

«Oh! How? What does that matter? So we go 'round the sun. If we went 'round the moon or round and round the garden like a teddy bear it wouldn't make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that my brain rots. Put that in your blog. Or better still, stop inflicting your opinions on the world»

February 10, 2013 5:04 pm  #5533

Thanks pitagor. That. was. my. day.   Just ended here.  *thud*

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 10, 2013 5:18 pm  #5534

Skin of a peach. Has to be the lighting. *holds on to the desk*

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 10, 2013 5:34 pm  #5535

Yes. It's always the light. Just the light. Nothing else possible.
Finally we have an explanation.

BTW. my reading light just broke. When I wanted to change the bulb I broke that one, too. Suddenly I am cack-handed whatever I do. I blame the picture. And the light.

Last edited by Mattlocked (February 10, 2013 5:34 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 10, 2013 5:43 pm  #5536

tiharoa wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

I don't think was really his fault,"The Tomato Chainsaw Massacre" I mean, I'm more likely to blame the knife. Even a "Santoku"would have been better than the one he was using (although my blade of choice would be a Shun "Nakiri" 6.5" ) or theycould have chosen some slightly unripe tomatoes instead.

Of course it was the knife. He has very sensitive hands as everyone can see. 

The pic, oh, the pic! Braces! Smile! *fainting*

February 10, 2013 5:44 pm  #5537

Love this pic.

Last edited by besleybean (February 10, 2013 5:44 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 10, 2013 6:14 pm  #5538

SusiGo wrote:

Have a baby? Sing soprano? Speak fluent Mandarin? I don't know.... there have to be a bunch of somethings he can't do!

February 10, 2013 6:16 pm  #5539

SusiGo wrote:

I'd enjoy any attempt on his part to adopt an American accent. I think that'd be a hoot. But not many Brits and Aussies can carry it off very well, IMO. One exception is the beautiful Alex O'Loughlin, who has a perfect American accent, except when he's being himself, and then voila! An Aussie again.

February 10, 2013 6:16 pm  #5540

Well I assume he CAN make a baby, he's just choosing not to at the moment.
EDIT:  I know I'm in no position to judge, but I thought his Eliot American accent was fine.

Last edited by besleybean (February 10, 2013 6:18 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera