BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 9, 2013 12:19 am  #1

Need British beta

Hi there.
As I am finishing up the last bit on my fanfic I have some questions about British slang. I'm from upstate NY and while I have seen a lot of British television, I am sure I am not using the right slang terms. Is anyone interested in taking a look at my last couple of chapters to see if I got it right?

---------------------------------------------

Shut up everybody, shut up! Don't move, don't speak, don't breathe, I'm trying to think. Anderson, face the other way, you're putting me off. -Sherlock

February 9, 2013 12:23 am  #2

Re: Need British beta

Hello there,
That post was not made by Emily. She must have been using my laptop to visit the site and I didn't realize I was logged in as her.
In any case that request for a beta is from me.
Alice I

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

February 9, 2013 12:49 am  #3

I'd gladly take a look.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 9, 2013 4:52 am  #4

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I'd gladly take a look.

Thank you SH. I'll send you a PM? The two chapters are just finished so they are rough drafts. Would you like me to just include the phrases I am unsure of for slang or would you like to see them as a whole?

February 9, 2013 11:48 am  #5

I'm happy to proof read as well if you pm the phrases, or the whole thing.

)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 9, 2013 12:42 pm  #6

Davina wrote:

I'm happy to proof read as well if you pm the phrases, or the whole thing.

)

Will the PM system handle 4,000 word messages. My chapters for this story are averaging that number of words.

I'm on my way home from work in a moment so I'll send them along later after a nap. (Night shift in the snow Urgh!)

February 9, 2013 3:48 pm  #7

Maybe the phrases you are unsure about then.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera