BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 8, 2013 5:46 pm  #761

Re: Cabin pressure

laugh out loud funny, very cute. 

February 8, 2013 8:16 pm  #762

besleybean wrote:

I can come here now I've heard it.  
Good as usual.
I agree about the possible winding down to  a close.
I would think maybe even for the whole show.

Good as usual? No...... I think I never laughed that hard before! OMG,so funny. Hubby and me re-started directly and listened to it a second time! Aaaahahahahaha!! 

I agree to your last two sad sentences.... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 8, 2013 8:24 pm  #763

I loved the atmosphere in GERTI, like a sleep-over party. And, honestly, I'd prefer them to stop instead of just letting Martin go. I don't think it would be the same without him - not just because it's Benedict - but there is such a wonderful balance of characters, they complement each other so well. I don't know if it would work without him. And I also can't imagine them keeping Martin and just taking on another actor. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 8, 2013 9:25 pm  #764

Davina wrote:

Yep. Fantastic at reading, spelling etc. (at the risk of sounding like I'm bragging) but awful at Maths. Confuse numbers and have trouble remembering them- those keypad entry things are a nightmare. Loved acting when I was younger, good at art and crafts and love learning languages.

It must be a thing then. And don't worry, you don't seem like the bragging type.

Twice exceptional.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

February 8, 2013 10:24 pm  #765

Anyhow.
Yes, it was excellent and I love it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 8, 2013 10:54 pm  #766

SusiGo wrote:

I loved the atmosphere in GERTI, like a sleep-over party. And, honestly, I'd prefer them to stop instead of just letting Martin go. I don't think it would be the same without him - not just because it's Benedict - but there is such a wonderful balance of characters, they complement each other so well. I don't know if it would work without him. And I also can't imagine them keeping Martin and just taking on another actor. 

It was an awesome episode, their chemistry is so obvious and right. We almost know what they're going to say and how they fight, like old friends. So, I agree that it wouldn't work if they just let Martin go and brought in somone else. It's not just Benedict, it's that particular group of people. You can't just recreate that kind of magic with someone else. I was kind of sad lisetening too, wondering if they really were moving toward an end. I really hope not, but I'm also glad we had them for as long as we did. Better to have flown and lost, than never to have flown at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

February 9, 2013 1:10 am  #767

Just heard Xinzhou and have caught up with all the comments here.  Did anyone notice that Douglas mispronounces the name of the city, Xinzhou, when he contacts the tower near the start of the episode?  The BBC announcer got it right, though.  And did the name of the game, Fizzbuzz--which I didn't know was a real game until reading the comments here--remind anyone of the Star Trek game Fizzbin, as explained by Kirk in A Piece of the Action?  That's what I immediately thought of when I heard the name!

I, too, am very curious as to what will happen next with Martin.  I don't see how the series can continue without him so I'd rather just see it end, at the letter Z, which obviously has to stand for Zurich.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

February 10, 2013 4:16 am  #768

This isn't about Benedict but I didin't know where else to put it...

I just read that Roger Allam is going to play Prospero in a production of The Tempest by Shakespeare's Globe.  I didn't know that he has won an Olivier award; that was mentioned in the Times article.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/08/shakespeares-globe-to-stage-henry-vi-at-historic-battle-sites/?ref=todayspaper

http://www.shakespearesglobe.com/theatre/on-stage

(The first link may not work--this has happened before with long links and I don't know how to fix it.)

Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

February 10, 2013 8:26 am  #769

Not just by the Globe but at the Globe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 10, 2013 8:39 am  #770

Oi!  COLIN MORGAN is acting alongside Roger.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 13, 2013 7:15 pm  #771

I' m stuck in Edinburgh due to bad weather and the wifi at the hotel is terrible. What happened?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

February 13, 2013 7:26 pm  #772

Cliffhanger...or Crieffhanger!
Martin was offered the job, but we don't know if he'll take it.

February 13, 2013 10:16 pm  #773

Missed it earlier (yes, I know! How could I?). Now I-player is d******g around! This is very frustrating! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 14, 2013 7:15 am  #774

Up with the lark and I-player was working yay! Crieffhangar! How cruel Mr. Finnemore. How cruel.

Upside-down duck...

February 14, 2013 1:05 pm  #775

Wonderful episode. I loved how Martin stood up for himself in the interview. And Arthur with the dragonfruit. Now John owes us at least a special for Z. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 14, 2013 7:36 pm  #776

SusiGo wrote:

Wonderful episode. I loved how Martin stood up for himself in the interview. 

I loved that too! He knew what was going on and decided to make the best of it and not just let them get away with putting him through the interview for nothing. He had his moments, but overall he gave that inetrview heart and I would have hired him too. It's so sad though, as I don't want him to leave his little dysfunctional family. Carolyn needs to come into some money or something, so she can afford to keep MJN going and start paying Martin. But, however it goes, hats off to John for a great clifhanger and creating a wonderful show.  

This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

February 14, 2013 8:11 pm  #777

Congrats to John: CP has been nominated for the Broadcasting Press Guild Award as best radio programme. (As have Benedict and Roger Allam, although not for this show). 

February 15, 2013 7:44 pm  #778

That's so cool!!

February 15, 2013 7:51 pm  #779

At least we know we can expect a final episode, if not a whole season. What's after Z? In theaters they start over with AA, BB, etc. Since I live in Ann Arbor, I'm hoping they'll stop in here!

Although I hate to see the series end, I do want Martin to take the job and for things to work out with his princess girlfriend. And Carolyn and Herc to get married and live happily ever after. And Arthur to get his dream job. And Douglas...I don't know.

February 15, 2013 8:07 pm  #780

You mean with the giant bird cage trolley things? Maybe Douglas can get his Captain's stripes back.

Board footera