BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 3, 2013 10:13 pm  #1

Caption Competition Week Fourteen

Here is a new one. I hope you can make something out of it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

February 5, 2013 6:54 pm  #2

Re: Caption Competition Week Fourteen

John: Yep. Dead. 12 hours. Nicotine patch overdose. Probably. Wait a minute--who sent me that text...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

February 5, 2013 6:58 pm  #3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 5, 2013 7:24 pm  #4

Ha...  I thought of maybe using that one, too!   Thought it might be a bit tricky....
(maybe so, considering  no bites, yet.)  Hmmm...  how about-
John - Please tell me the mob's gone by now….?
Sherlock - John, hush!  You need to learn to relax your mind.  Now repeat after me…  Ohhhmmm….

Edited to add..  oh, okay... one bite!   And a better one, too!  ;))

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 7, 2013 10:05 pm  #5

As your doctor,  I have warned you about the real dangers of tanning lamps-  And no, it really doesn't
matter to me that you made it yourself, or that it helps take you to your Mind Palace.

February 8, 2013 11:53 am  #6

These Hindu Facial Exercises are marvelous for tightening the sagging skin under the chin. I need to last for 15 more seasons, you know, You could do for a bit of a lift yourself, Martin. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

February 8, 2013 1:59 pm  #7

John:-Sherlock, why does it look like the Book Fairy came through our Kitchen?
Sherlock:-John, you are seeing but not observing. Use the skills I taught you.

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

February 8, 2013 5:19 pm  #8

John: Were you seriously playing the violin sheet music to your own telly show?
Sherlock: I was just showing them how I wanted the next season to sound.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

February 8, 2013 6:23 pm  #9

John: Stop pretending to be asleep Sherlock and tell me how the superglue experiment went!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 8, 2013 6:27 pm  #10

Davina wrote:

John: Stop pretending to be asleep Sherlock and tell me how the superglue experiment went!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 9, 2013 5:20 am  #11

What do you mean you're "working"?   on what?

February 11, 2013 6:20 pm  #12

The week is over, I guess.
Thank you all for the great captions. They made me laugh so much.
It was impossible for me to decide between Tantalus' and Davina's caption. I had to toss a coin. Davina won.
So I announce the winner: Davina!

February 11, 2013 8:20 pm  #13

Oh Lord! Thank you soooo much. I am however hopeless at posting piccies. Would someone else who might have something suitable ready like to post the next one? PRETTY PLEEEEEEEASE!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 12, 2013 4:09 am  #14

Davina wrote:

Oh Lord! Thank you soooo much. I am however hopeless at posting piccies. Would someone else who might have something suitable ready like to post the next one? PRETTY PLEEEEEEEASE!

Awww...  but c'mon, it's not -too- hard!!  Unless you don't have a site to toss pics up on, or know how to link.  You could always find the one want, and I or someone will put it up for?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

February 12, 2013 8:21 am  #15

I'll try and have a search around but I don't have the tools available  both literally and metaphorically  . I'll try. Maybe I can put a link and then someone can do the biz.

February 12, 2013 5:34 pm  #16

Davina wrote:

I'll try and have a search around but I don't have the tools available  both literally and metaphorically  . I'll try. Maybe I can put a link and then someone can do the biz.

Sure....  I mean, I got quite a few I always thought would be funny to use, but also easy to let the winner point to a favorite, and will get it up from there.

February 12, 2013 6:52 pm  #17

Hey Russell! Can you post one you like for now and I'll have a look for one for the future.

February 12, 2013 7:16 pm  #18

Aww....   you're making this way too easy!!   ;D  ; )   Ok.

(Oh, but it can totally be 'your' thread, still, too, proxy picking the winner!)  ;)

Last edited by Russell (February 12, 2013 7:30 pm)

Board footera