BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 25, 2013 9:43 pm  #221

Re: Star Trek

You mean see and observe?

January 25, 2013 9:49 pm  #222

See, observe, deduce. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 26, 2013 11:39 am  #223

Somthing like that haha 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

February 4, 2013 1:22 am  #224

So during the past hour I was at a San Francisco bar full of rowdy 49'ers fans, watching the
Super Bowl (not pretty, for 49'ers fans)-   but when the trailer for the new Star Trek
movie came on those large HD TV screens,   everyone got excitedly hushed.

Very exciting to hear Benedict Cumberbatch's voice controlling the room:   "Shall we begin?"

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrekintodarkness/

February 4, 2013 2:41 am  #225

jenosborn wrote:

So during the past hour I was at a San Francisco bar full of rowdy 49'ers fans, watching the
Super Bowl (not pretty, for 49'ers fans)-   but when the trailer for the new Star Trek

Very exciting to hear Benedict Cumberbatch's voice controlling the room:   "Shall we begin?"

I perked right up when that trailer came on too, Jenos.  Caught my attention more than any of the other stupid commercials, even though I've seen it many times before.  Yes, let's begin, shall we.  We've been waiting long enough.

SF staging a come-back right now I hope. Go 49'ers!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

February 4, 2013 3:59 am  #226

KeepersPrice wrote:

jenosborn wrote:

I perked right up when that trailer came on too, Jenos.  Caught my attention more than any of the other stupid commercials, even though I've seen it many times before.  Yes, let's begin, shall we.  We've been waiting long enough.

Ha... yes!   That one, and the Iron Man 3 one, are the few that snapped me to happy attention!  Can'twaitcan'twait......

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 4, 2013 5:11 am  #227

Russell wrote:

KeepersPrice wrote:

jenosborn wrote:

I perked right up when that trailer came on too, Jenos. Caught my attention more than any of the other stupid commercials, even though I've seen it many times before. Yes, let's begin, shall we. We've been waiting long enough.

Ha... yes! That one, and the Iron Man 3 one, are the few that snapped me to happy attention! Can'twaitcan'twait......

It really is a very nice trailer.   The 3-D version before viewings of "The Hobbit" also pretty great.

Oh well,   for the 'Niners,  I guess there is always next year...  

February 5, 2013 5:29 am  #228

Nice morning treat for my ears and eyes.
Vanity Fair interview with Ben on how JJ Abrams cast him
http://www.vanityfair.com/video/2013/01/star-trek-into-darkness-star-benedict-cumberbatch-on-how-j--j--abrams-cast-him--using-iphone-video-_2130151569001#page=1&plid=2112657098001

hmm...seems it doesn't work.
Just go to www.vf.com and type in Cumberbatch

Last edited by tobeornot221b (February 5, 2013 5:32 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 5, 2013 7:41 am  #229

Thanks, Tobe. I love him spelling his name with the phonetic alphabet. Good example for Arthur. But is it only me or does he look a bit stressed, puffy around the eyes? I mean he's lovely all the same but he doesn't seem to have slept very well. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 5, 2013 9:10 am  #230

I have no sound here, but the view alone is......... awwww.... 
Interesting way of clothing, too.

The hair is still a bit....short. When did they record that vid?

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 5, 2013 11:49 am  #231

I wondered about that, too.
As for the clothing - well. I suppose it's from the very nice photo in this month's Vanity Fair Hollywood issue. White shirt, waistcoat, black jacket, tie - and his own tee underneath. He looks a bit undone, though. 

In case you want to read his name spelled out in the phonetic alphabet: 

http://mrslokke.tumblr.com/post/42339368924/floopowderchristmastroy-x-just-lovely

Last edited by SusiGo (February 5, 2013 1:09 pm)

February 5, 2013 4:33 pm  #232

SusiGo wrote:

As for the clothing - well. I suppose it's from the very nice photo in this month's Vanity Fair Hollywood issue. White shirt, waistcoat, black jacket, tie - and his own tee underneath. He looks a bit undone, though. 

I love that sexy slightly disheveled look. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

February 5, 2013 5:16 pm  #233

Yes. It stimulates the imagination. 

Last edited by SusiGo (February 5, 2013 5:16 pm)

February 5, 2013 5:20 pm  #234

It's again the "non-perfection" which we love him for. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 5, 2013 5:59 pm  #235

Mattlocked wrote:

I have no sound here, but the view alone is......... awwww.... 
Interesting way of clothing, too.

The hair is still a bit....short. When did they record that vid?

I think it was last autumn ( his hair looks like in the pictures in Ghent) when the elephant and cheerleaders pictures came out. What you see at the back must be the hangar of Milk Studios, beginning of November I'd say. 

Last edited by tiharoa (February 5, 2013 6:18 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

February 6, 2013 10:57 am  #236

Oooh it's so nice the know that he has been that close to my own home ^^ Haha. I'm from Antwerp, that's quite far from Ghent, but it still counts If he had been any closer to me I probably would have fainted.

Last edited by Mell92 (February 6, 2013 10:58 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

February 7, 2013 8:55 am  #237

February 7, 2013 9:12 am  #238

Please notice who's in front. 

February 7, 2013 11:46 am  #239

My boyfriend is a huge Star Trek geek and a big Sherlock/Benedict fan as well so he is some kind of super excited about this upcoming movie. I will confess that I have never seen any of the Star Trek or Star Wars movies. This one will probably be my first and last. Should be a lot of fun. He looked great in the Super Bowl commercial

Disguise is always a self portrait

February 7, 2013 3:48 pm  #240

Eeeee!!  ;D   Yay!  Figured maybe a Star Trek cover was coming up, as they started getting it out more closer to the date, being a subscriber to E.W., but was still surprisedly pleased to see this thread and gonna be so cool opening my box tomorrow to see them staring out...          (Hee.... although, yes...  is strangely humorous who's in front....)  ;)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera