BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 1, 2013 9:21 pm  #41

Re: Tea

equiraptor wrote:

My coworker has an odd complaint. He would like me to tell him when I'm about to pour my tea, if his headphones aren't already on. Why? The sound of the tea pouring into the mug sounds like someone peeing, and he finds it a disturbing noise in a workplace. Frankly, I find this hilarious, but also understandable. I tend to forget, at least so far, but I will try to remind him in the future.

Hm... to me it seems this guy has a serious problem. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 1, 2013 10:43 pm  #42

Mattlocked wrote:

equiraptor wrote:

My coworker has an odd complaint. He would like me to tell him when I'm about to pour my tea, if his headphones aren't already on. Why? The sound of the tea pouring into the mug sounds like someone peeing, and he finds it a disturbing noise in a workplace. Frankly, I find this hilarious, but also understandable. I tend to forget, at least so far, but I will try to remind him in the future.

Hm... to me it seems this guy has a serious problem. 

Yes, he sounds kind of like a wimp.  I mean, grow up and get over it.  People aren't peeing at their desks for God's sake! There are all kinds of sounds and smells in the real world.  Peeing is not one of the worst. Deal with it.  PS.  I wouldn't bring this guy home to meet mother 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

February 5, 2013 11:33 am  #43

My daughter has just made me a nice cup of tea in the Tardis mug she bought me for Christmas. Now I have to drink it without spilling it all over myself! (It is, without doubt, the most difficult mug in the world to drink from).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 5, 2013 12:33 pm  #44

I like tea with fruit infusion - without milk, but with sugar and a little bit rum. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 5, 2013 6:32 pm  #45

Davina wrote:

My daughter has just made me a nice cup of tea in the Tardis mug she bought me for Christmas. Now I have to drink it without spilling it all over myself! (It is, without doubt, the most difficult mug in the world to drink from).

Love it!

February 5, 2013 7:08 pm  #46

Haven't been on since before Christmas (busy on the farm, you know...), so this is a little late, but had to share my best Christmas present (okay, except maybe for my scarves...).

My globe-trotting aunt brought me back enough tea for over 200 cups from her recent trip to London. Everyday stuff for you British lot, but quite special for this southern USA boy! (Hey, where are the smiley faces?) : (

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

February 5, 2013 10:47 pm  #47

Tantalus! Hey! Good news about the tea.  Busy, busy on the farm. Got to have a cuppa when you have a break. Don't suppose Auntie brought you any Kit-Kats back?

If you venture onto the tech thread you'll find how to get your smile back. If you can't find the solution PM me and I'll try and help.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 6, 2013 11:00 am  #48

A Tardis mug! I'm jealous :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

February 6, 2013 11:11 am  #49

It is lovely. It even has a lid which is the top of the TARDIS. I think she got it from Firebox.

February 6, 2013 11:17 am  #50

Mattlocked wrote:

Sounds like my parents. "Want an egg for breakfast?" "Yes, please.".............................. "Where's my egg?" "Oh, did you want one? I'm sure you said no."

Anyway: peppermint-tea with milk sounds really disgusting.

Oh god it is, the nastiest thing in the world. Peppermint tea on its own is really nice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

February 6, 2013 11:30 am  #51

I do wish I knew more about the different types of teas. I drink mostly black coffee. But I do enjoy the occasonal cuo of Earl Grey. Over the holidays my boyfriend and I were staying at this marvelous old 1920's art deco styled hotel and they made this incredible Spiced Tea Waisal that we became addicted to. I would give a king's ransom fo rthe recipe 

Disguise is always a self portrait

February 6, 2013 11:37 am  #52

Oooo that sounds lovely.

February 6, 2013 2:38 pm  #53

Hubby destroyed my favourite tea cup today. He said it jumped from the shelf (where he had put it) and took one on his beloved beer glasses along.
So, two fatalities in one moment... 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 6, 2013 4:51 pm  #54

Davina wrote:

Got to have a cuppa when you have a break. Don't suppose Auntie brought you any Kit-Kats back?

No Kit-Kats, but some really good chocolates that, I regret to say, disappeared the same day...

Nothing keeps me too busy for tea. My 9-year-old son always drinks it with me (though he usually goes for something that doesn't actually contain TEA--herbal stuff, etc.), and we usually manage 3-4 nights per week to have a cuppa. My 3-year-old had her first cup of tea the other night, sweetened with honey like the rest of us, and she really liked it. Only drank about 1/3 of a cup, though. : )

February 6, 2013 4:57 pm  #55

Must have been a Reichenbach cup. No, seriously, that's really sad. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 6, 2013 5:07 pm  #56

A Reichenbach cup, right    maybe I should look out for it again after 3 years 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 6, 2013 5:19 pm  #57

SusiGo wrote:

Must have been a Reichenbach cup.]

Now that's funny--wish I'd thought of it...

February 6, 2013 6:09 pm  #58

What have you done with its remains? Poor cup. I say drunken beer glass was to blame...that or they have developed beer bellies and need more room on the shelf.

February 6, 2013 6:17 pm  #59

Hubby put it in the trash bin before I came home. Then he said: "I broke one of your old teacups. I'm glad it wasn't your best one."
When he saw my face he hugged me...

I say Hubby is to blame, he doesn't know anything about how to place teacups on the shelf. That's why it happened.
Otherwise the beer glass would have had to jump upward - which is hard for a drunken glass 

March 26, 2013 5:47 am  #60

I like Chi tea a lot as well as the tea that is served in Japanese restaurants. I've no idea what it is, but I don't need to sweeten it. I'm not crazy about Earl Grey but being a star trek fan I had to try it. I like French Vanilla, and decent mint tea with honey.

When I quit smoking I stopped drinking coffee and ended up switching to tea. Lemon tea is really nice, but I tend to stay away from the flowery teas. They leave a funny after taste in my mouth.

I will be in London for a day or two at the end of summer. Any ideas where to stop and get some great gifts. I wouldn't mind bringing home some English tea either.

I don't have a favorite tea mug/cup. Actually we don't even use our tea cups. They are too wide and shallow. Too easy to spill. I prefer mugs!

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

Board footera