BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2013 11:45 am  #1

BAFTA Film Awards 2013 Nominations

Well nominations are out but there's slim pickings for fans here, wih The Hobbit only picking up 3 'technical' nominations (Make up and Hair, Visual Effects and Sound) and being snubbed for any major awards.

Full list of noms are HERE

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 9, 2013 2:00 pm  #2

Re: BAFTA Film Awards 2013 Nominations

And Stephen Fry is hosting again, that's my highlight!

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 9, 2013 3:45 pm  #3

Martin is also in The Voorman Problem which is in the list of nominations for the best short film.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 9, 2013 5:40 pm  #4

The Voorman Problem is brilliant and Martin's great in it.  I really hope it wins.  It's eligible for an Oscar nomination as well, and the BAFTA nomination is a good sign that it could actually make the short list.

January 11, 2013 11:49 am  #5

Stephen Fry is back! yay!  
Not many interesting nominations.
But hey, Hugh Jackman is nominated, I'm still forever his fangirl, too  So I guess I'll just root for him then.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

February 6, 2013 10:55 am  #6

It has been confirmed that Martin will be attending the BAFTAs .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 9, 2013 3:36 pm  #7

Hi it's the producer of The Voorman Problem here, we had a wonderful time at the BAFTAs and had a chat with Martin at the ceremony, was great to see him again, he was a real plesure to work with.  We were sat a few rows behind him at the ceremony and were all set to tap him on the shoulder on the way to the stage but unfortunately it didn't happen... 

Maybe next year though as we are currently in post production on our forthcoming short film Full Time - we're currently crowd funding to push it through post production.  Full details here.  There's only 18 hours or so left to contribute - $25 gets you a Special Edition DVD signed by both the director Mark Gill and producer Baldwin Li (me!).  There's lots of other perks available too.

Full Time is about a man who reluctantly returns home to take his elderly father to the football game.  It is a subtle and sensitive exploration of how dementia can affect the fragile connections that bind love, memory and the gaps in between.

Best,

Baldwin

March 9, 2013 3:40 pm  #8

Here's Martin talking about The Voorman Problem on the red carpet!

We also had a chat with Zoe Ball who I worked with many years ago on 'Soapstar Superstar' as I used to work at Granda Studios... she loved our film too!

Board footera