BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 30, 2013 5:14 pm  #21

Re: Caption Competition Week Thirteen

Look into my eyes, John. You should be feeling very sleepy. Now, you see that £20 note in your wallet? Just place it here...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

January 30, 2013 8:27 pm  #22

"This, John, is the simplest sign in sign language. It means: 'Baker Street. Come at once if convenient. If inconvenient come anyway. Could be dangerous.' Memorize that!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 30, 2013 8:36 pm  #23

"Look, this is exactly what I mean, John. I point with my finger at something and you just don't see it because you keep staring at my face."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

February 3, 2013 12:33 am  #24

Hmm... so I suppose it's been a week, huh?  ;)
And again... hard to pick!  Hate to play favorites.... Love the combination of wittiness, and playing off the classic typical attitude between the boys!  Which I think QuiteExtraordinary caught quite (ha) well with John's confused stare in both of her captions!   Take it away, winner! 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 3, 2013 12:05 pm  #25

Oh, I won? *happy*
Thanks, Russell. So I'll see if I can find a new one for the next competition.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

February 5, 2013 6:49 pm  #26

I know this competition is over, but I have a question: Where did you find this scene? I just re-watched TGG, and, while the diner scene is on my DVD, this particular shot definitely is not. Did I, being an American, get short-changed on scenes?

By the way, my caption, had I been on time, would have been, "The Ring. Put it in my hand right now. I know it's in your pocket. That's how you keep disappearing on me..."

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

February 5, 2013 7:29 pm  #27

Tantalus wrote:

I know this competition is over, but I have a question: Where did you find this scene? I just re-watched TGG, and, while the diner scene is on my DVD, this particular shot definitely is not. Did I, being an American, get short-changed on scenes?

By the way, my caption, had I been on time, would have been, "The Ring. Put it in my hand right now. I know it's in your pocket. That's how you keep disappearing on me..."

Hey!   Ha... and a good one, too!!   
Hnn...  I know!   I noticed that, too.  Maybe it was a extra/promo shot... I honestly can't remember exactly where from, except to know that a good while back, I decided to browse online for stills from all my favorite scenes.  'Cause I'm such an addicted hoarder.  ;PP  Cute, though.... isn't it.   Thanks!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera