BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 10, 2012 4:47 am  #81

Re: Oh, so it's your birthday?

happy belated  birthday mattlocked!!!   I   am  glad you got that version of Sherlock Holmes stories....I  know you will love it. Having all the stories in one volume is great.   I  rented TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH  from netflix,  but it was not closed captioned or subtitlesd.   would you look  and see if yours has english subtitles?  I  saw it online here with subtitles and i  enjoyed it so much.   (thanks to Kazza  or davina  who posted the link)  who stars in the other movies you got?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

December 10, 2012 9:23 am  #82

So it's you two days after me?
Happy birthday Davina!

"Oh, I know a nice piece I could play for her...."

Skitty, we started with To the ends of the earth on saturday; it is completely without subtitles. Problem for us not natives; we don't even understand sentences they say quite clearly. 
Maybe when watching the fourth time...... 
Amazing Grace is also with Ben; The January Man with Alan Rickman. 

Ani, your Watson candle is really beautiful!!

Last edited by Mattlocked (December 10, 2012 9:24 am)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 10, 2012 9:54 am  #83

To our tireless mod and pourer of oil on troubled waters:

Oh, ****, I don't manage to get the words on the pic this time, so here they are:

Wishing you an ottery birthday, Davina!

Last edited by SusiGo (December 10, 2012 10:00 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 10, 2012 11:57 am  #84

Ooo! Otters! Thank you for your birthday wishes. Another year older but probably not another year wiser! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 10, 2012 3:36 pm  #85

Hey Davina .. A very very Happy and fun-filled birthday to you! May you get loads of love, good luck, happiness and prosperity in the coming year
God bless you!!

@Mattlocked
Sorry for belated wishes Loved the pictures of gifts that your hubby gave you. How cute !!! Wish you a wonderful year ahead..

Last edited by monitaa (December 10, 2012 3:40 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at those cheekbones, I could cut myself slapping that face… would you like me to try?

December 10, 2012 5:45 pm  #86

Happy Birthday Davina!! Hope you have an awesome day!!! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 10, 2012 5:48 pm  #87

Mattlokced, so sorry I'm late on yours, but I hope you had a great birthday! Looks like you got some very nice presies!!

Last edited by harleyq (December 11, 2012 3:22 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 10, 2012 8:17 pm  #88

Thank you so much!!

Next year Davina and me can party together! 

December 10, 2012 8:35 pm  #89

I don't know if I can post this properly but-    Here you go!

Edit: fixed it!!

Last edited by Molly Hooper (December 10, 2012 8:49 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

December 10, 2012 8:46 pm  #90

Oh, that's very nice and atmospheric, Molly. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 10, 2012 8:51 pm  #91

Thank-you, Susi!

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

December 11, 2012 11:43 am  #92

Lovely wishes thank you everyone. Truth be told I have had better birthdays as my daughter has been stricken with terrible tonsillitis/possible glandular fever the last few days. Mattlocked and I shall throw a big PARTY next year! Whoop!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 11, 2012 4:47 pm  #93

Happy birthday, DAVINA!!!

Hope your daughter is well very soon.

And Happy Birthday again to Mattlocked!

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

February 3, 2013 12:34 pm  #94

It's my birthday (and my twin's!) tomorrow (the 4th). I'm really excited but I think my mum's a bit stressed; she just cremated our cake!
Even though I'll be a year older I think I'll still be the youngest! 

February 3, 2013 12:40 pm  #95

Happy birthday for tomorrow for you and your twin Molly. Tell your mum to go to the supermarket to buy cakes if necessary.  

February 4, 2013 7:01 pm  #96

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 4, 2013 7:27 pm  #97

Happy birthday!  How old are you now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 4, 2013 7:31 pm  #98

February 4, 2013 8:06 pm  #99

Happy birthday, Molly, and all the best for you. 

February 5, 2013 8:07 am  #100

Thank you every one!
Tobe, I love that, it's so cute!
Thankyou, Mattlocked
And thankyou SusiGo.
I don't think I should post my age, Mary Me, but I'm younger than you
We managed to fix the cake. But I think I'll be baking it next time.

Oh, and I got my first sherlock T-shirt; I didn't even ask for it. My Mum must be picking up hints.

Board footera