BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 3, 2013 6:57 am  #1

Question: The Episode's Name

Normally in each episode, the name of it is sort of referenced at some point in the show (study in pink has Sherlock yelling PINK PINK PINK!; Hound of Baskerville conveniently has both Hound & Baskerville mentioned numerous times). 

I don't remember at any point in the episode where Reichenback or Fall is mentioned. I know the name is familiar enough due to the success of the original story but I still can't remember where in the actual show either word of the title is mentioned.

February 3, 2013 7:14 am  #2

Re: Question: The Episode's Name

saturnR wrote:

Normally in each episode, the name of it is sort of referenced at some point in the show (study in pink has Sherlock yelling PINK PINK PINK!; Hound of Baskerville conveniently has both Hound & Baskerville mentioned numerous times). 

I don't remember at any point in the episode where Reichenback or Fall is mentioned. I know the name is familiar enough due to the success of the original story but I still can't remember where in the actual show either word of the title is mentioned.

"Reichenbach" is mentioned many many times in TRF. For example:
In the opening scene after the credits for example the gallery director says: "Falls of the Reichenbach, Turner’s masterpiece, thankfully recovered owing to the prodigious talent of Mr. Sherlock Holmes."

On the roof. Sherlock to Moriarty: "Rich Brook. German for 'Reichenbach'. The case that made my name.."

Lestrade: "The ambassador’s asked for you personally."
Donovan: "The Reichenbach Hero."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 3, 2013 9:00 am  #3

Oh yeah, I completely forgot. Oops. I keep thinking that the quotes have to come from a current case; I forgot that they were refering to a previous case. Thanks for reminding me.

February 3, 2013 9:12 am  #4

You're welcome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera