BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 2, 2013 9:43 pm  #61

Re: SCANDAL bedroom scenes

So he's not oblivious to his looks. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 2, 2013 9:44 pm  #62

Apprently not, as we also see him looking in the living room mirror!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 2, 2013 9:48 pm  #63

He wouldn't wear these clothes if his appearance didn't matter to him. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 2, 2013 9:53 pm  #64

Quite.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 2, 2013 10:17 pm  #65

SusiGo wrote:

KP, please keep your Johnlock thoughts to yourself.

Here we have the floor plan that's already been posted somewhere else. It shows two doors but no connection to the hallway.

The window in Sherlock's bedroom is NOT in the right place in the diagram.  Who knows what else is in error.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brook is Make Believe!

February 2, 2013 10:19 pm  #66

Yes, it's the other side of the chest of drawers.

June 30, 2013 12:50 pm  #67

I'm sorry in advance because this has nothing to do with the bathroom- I've read that the producers have said somewhere in Sherlock's bedroom there's a photo of Mycroft and Sherlock displayed, has anyone spotted it yet? It's difficult because most of the shots are only short (or following stumbling darling around), but maybe someone's been eagle-eyed...

Thanks!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

June 30, 2013 2:03 pm  #68

Well, I've rewatched the scene in question.
It's difficult to tell if there's indeed a photo of Mycroft and Sherlock.

I just can tell for sure that there is a picture of Edgar Allan Poe:

and another black and white one where one could possibly picture someone in his suit.

Sorry, I can't get it any clearer...

And just for the record: There might be another framed picture on a chest of drawers.
Impossible to tell what kind of picture this is supposed to be:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 30, 2013 2:13 pm  #69

Beware, Moftiss love trolling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 30, 2013 2:17 pm  #70

the second one might show 2 people, not sure, though 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 30, 2013 3:38 pm  #71

Thank you very much for the research, I appreciate the effort! There might be two people on the second one indeed, but it's too blurry to tell.

Maybe, if there is such a picture, we'll see it in season 3...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

June 30, 2013 3:54 pm  #72

Here's one more attempt. I watched the scene on bluray and took a photo with my phone.
Here you are:

Now it looks more like an old man's portrait in a Charles Darwin beard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 30, 2013 3:56 pm  #73

tobeornot221b wrote:

Here's one more attempt. I watched the scene on bluray and took a photo with my phone.
Here you are:

Now it looks more like an old man's portrait in a Charles Darwin beard.

I was thinking Santa Claus, but then.... maybe it's time for a mimosa.

June 30, 2013 4:26 pm  #74

Oh, somehow I love the idea of Sherlock having a framed picture of Santa Clause in his bedroom...

Wow, guess I've been working too hard today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

June 30, 2013 4:29 pm  #75

If I had to make a rough guess I'd say Walt Whitman. Sherlock may be fond of American writers.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 30, 2013 4:36 pm  #76

Whitman? What a wild guess  I checked images of both Darwin and Whitman and couldn't find it so far...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 30, 2013 5:51 pm  #77

tobeornot221b wrote:

That's amazing!
I think it might very well be Darwin, but who knows "what's going on in that funny old head" of Sherlock.

Thank you, again!

July 1, 2013 1:58 am  #78

Kerkerian wrote:

I think it might very well be Darwin, but who knows "what's going on in that funny old head" of Sherlock.

Does this look like the same guy as is in the picture? This is Chas. Darwin.
http://hppa.spps.org/uploads/charles_darwin.jpg

But Walt Whitman sure is similar!
http://www.encore-editions.com/walt-whitman-1819-1892--24

July 1, 2013 7:34 am  #79

Talking about heads and Darwin:
In TBB when Sherlock was attacked by the spider we see a display of skulls and it looks like a Darvin exhibition. Sherlock stands in front of a sign with: "Who are we? Where do we come from?"

August 14, 2013 2:35 pm  #80

I have no words to describe how happy I am to have found people as obsessed with (insignificant) details as I am. So, as requested, a caption of Sherlock's wardrobe.  

Board footera