BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 9, 2012 12:48 pm  #1

whats your favourite part of this episode??

I love the bit when sherlock sees lestrad and says, your using a pretend name now! John ' sherlock his name is greg!'
LOL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

March 9, 2012 1:09 pm  #2

Re: whats your favourite part of this episode??

I love quick thinking Sherlock when he realises Dr Stapleton is Kirsty Stapleton's mother. Gives him the upper hand on her.
Dumbfounds John who thinks Sherlock's come all the way into there about a rabbit, lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 9, 2012 1:57 pm  #3

I love the bit where in the pub he goes into that speedy analysis and deduction about the unemployed fisherman in the dodgy sweater and his mother, to prove that he is ok.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 9, 2012 2:05 pm  #4

I like it when he apologises to John - "I haven't got friends. Only one." It's so sweet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 9, 2012 5:39 pm  #5

I also like the bit immediately after this when he starts, uncharacteristically to sing John's praises and John tells him to leave it out and not to overdo it.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 9, 2012 5:40 pm  #6

Oo and the bit where Sherlock is standing on the Tor surveying the area with John pointing out features from the map. It's very 'Heathcliff'.

March 9, 2012 6:11 pm  #7

The mind palace scene with "Ingolstadt" as a nod to Frankenstein

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 9, 2012 6:34 pm  #8

Oh yeah, who could forget the mind palace sequence - made me want to get my own mind palace!

March 10, 2012 11:27 am  #9

While it had brilliant points, it wasn't one of my favorite episodes. Maybe because I'm a dog lover and I resented the killing of the poor beast at the end. I mean, it didn't ask to be soaked in glow in the dark paint, and it was not it's fault to be big and ugly. And it didn't even look scary to me. The Hound of the Mind was a lot scarier. I wish, they had left it at that.
But it had great moments. The Blue Bell case was one of them.

Last edited by sherlocked (March 10, 2012 11:29 am)

March 10, 2012 11:35 am  #10

It did kind of look like it was about to attack them though. It was a pretty vicious dog.

March 10, 2012 2:48 pm  #11

Ahhh so many good parts (:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

March 10, 2012 4:10 pm  #12

Sherlock, maybe the dog just wanted to play! It's pretty hard to tell, if one glows in the dark, lol!

March 10, 2012 8:11 pm  #13

The poor dog my sister wanted to keep him :D

What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

March 10, 2012 10:06 pm  #14

You also have to consider that the dog might have been affected by the psychedelic fog as well. Maybe it was seeing gigantic Cheshire cats with a glow-in-the-dark grin. That would unnerve even the most good natured dog.
I would have taken the dog, too!

Last edited by sherlocked (March 10, 2012 10:07 pm)

March 10, 2012 10:10 pm  #15

sherlocked wrote:

You also have to consider that the dog might have been affected by the psychedelic fog as well. Maybe it was seeing gigantic Cheshire cats with a glow-in-the-dark grin. That would unnerve even the most good natured dog.
I would have taken the dog, too!

Hahaha, I never thought of that before, what a clever idea!

March 28, 2012 4:43 pm  #16

So hard to say, I love the whole thing to bits. I thought it was funny when John realized that Sherlock had been experimenting on him with the tea, instead of trying to be considerate (John really should have known. ). I loved Sherlock's apology and the mind palace scene too. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

April 30, 2012 3:55 am  #17

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I like it when he apologises to John - "I haven't got friends. Only one." It's so sweet.

That's probably my favorite part of the episode, too.

Other parts I really like:  their initial interview of Henry at the flat.  I like the camera work where Henry is showing the boys the show, and Sherlock is first darting his gaze back and forth between the TV and Henry.  Then, Sherlock just eventually watches Henry until he shuts the whole thing down and says he "prefers to do his own editing."  Really nice character moment.  I also like how off-balance Sherlock and John keep Henry during their secret battle of wills over the cigarettes while Henry is confused about whether they are coming or not.

I like how when they first arrive at Dartmoor, John notices Sherlock turn his coat collar up, and Sherlock notices John noticing and defensively murmurs that he is cold.  Of course later, John really calls Sherlock out on it with "cheekbones and looking cool."  Ha!

I love this exchange: "I could tell you, but I would have to kill you. // That would be tremendously ambitious of you."  Great writing.

April 30, 2012 5:48 am  #18

LaconicLurker wrote:

Then, Sherlock just eventually watches Henry until he shuts the whole thing down and says he "prefers to do his own editing."  Really nice character moment.

I also thought this was a very nice tongue-in-cheek comment on the fact that you can't believe everything you see on TV because it's been edited and manipulated ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 30, 2012 7:39 am  #19

LaconicLurker wrote:

I like how when they first arrive at Dartmoor, John notices Sherlock turn his coat collar up, and Sherlock notices John noticing and defensively murmurs that he is cold.  Of course later, John really calls Sherlock out on it with "cheekbones and looking cool."  Ha!

YES! I love the coat referencing. It's quite clever really because probably everyone has noticed by then the way he turns it up all the time, so to actually make a reference to it is rather funny.

April 30, 2012 8:35 am  #20

I love a lot of parts of this episode but my favorite are:

- Sherlock with the cold turkey: the moment he stops looking frantically for his cigarretes to ask John "please"... his expression, like he was putting a "good-guy" face... hilarious. Sherlock pointing to Mrs. Hudson with the harpoon... Bluebell story: "A rabbit, John!!!"... "It's this... or Cluedo". It's so funny, all of it.
- The moment when John pulls his range over that young Corporal. It's cool to see John beeing the boss over Sherlock for a change.
- Sherlock making coffee for John (the way he manipulates him into drinking it, just with his facial expression).
- The fireplace scene.
- The conversation with Lestrade.
- The last conversation: "-You got it wrong. - No. - You got it wrong, it wasn't in the sugar. - A bit. Won't happen again."

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

Board footera