BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 31, 2013 9:30 pm  #741

Re: Cabin pressure

Oh, did he? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 31, 2013 9:35 pm  #742

No. No, sorry, it was just stupit little me.

He said: We will take one hour for our trip and we fly at a height of ... quite high up.
I understood: ..... quite higher.

All fine, all fine. ;-)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 31, 2013 9:43 pm  #743

I see. I'm sure Carolyn would have pounced on him if he'd said that. 

The mood in series 4 is indeed a bit different. I'm not sure if John prepares the end of the series with the end of the alphabet and then does a special for Z or if we have to say goodbye to Martin. Somehow I can't imagine that they're going on without him. As someone wrote it would be difficult to have three alpha characters like Carolyn, Douglas and Herc and just Arthur as an opposite pole. 

Last edited by SusiGo (January 31, 2013 9:46 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 31, 2013 10:28 pm  #744

Carolyn pouncing on Douglas...an interestingidea!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 31, 2013 10:40 pm  #745

Verbally, of course. 

January 31, 2013 10:41 pm  #746

Of course!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 1, 2013 6:05 pm  #747

veecee wrote:

These episodes where Martin gets a little relief are heartwarming. But are they winding up to end the series?

I like to think of them as a small evolution for Martin'cs character. He's still a bit of a bumbler, but he has moments of success. I sure hope it's a continuation and not an end.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

February 6, 2013 11:19 am  #748

Xinzhou tonight.

February 6, 2013 12:21 pm  #749

Davina wrote:

Xinzhou tonight.

I can't wait, it's the only time I get to take over the living room... Until S3 of Sherlock anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

February 6, 2013 4:38 pm  #750

I'll catch up tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 6, 2013 7:08 pm  #751

I knew it, and now I can pretty much guess next week cliffhanger. .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

February 6, 2013 7:16 pm  #752

Finally! Someone who is worse than me at playing Fizzbuzz. 

February 6, 2013 7:18 pm  #753

Davina wrote:

Finally! Someone who is worse than me at playing Fizzbuzz. 

Is it actually a real game?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

February 6, 2013 7:25 pm  #754

It is indeed. Usually played whilst drinking. So it is a drinking game which just adds to my difficulties with an inability to think mathematically!  I haven't played it for donkeys' years, since I was at University- when I say 'played' I mean 'tried to play'.

February 6, 2013 9:34 pm  #755

Davina wrote:

It is indeed. Usually played whilst drinking. So it is a drinking game which just adds to my difficulties with an inability to think mathematically! I haven't played it for donkeys' years, since I was at University- when I say 'played' I mean 'tried to play'.

I have a huge, clinical difficulty with numbers.

I played FizzBuzz in fresher's week at Uni...

Never again.

Last edited by Mnemosyne (February 6, 2013 9:35 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 6, 2013 9:58 pm  #756

Dyscalculia? I think that's what it is called. I have a touch of it.

February 7, 2013 12:59 pm  #757

Did anyone but me think of Sherlock at How Green Was My Valley? Seven (out of ten). 

February 7, 2013 8:55 pm  #758

Davina wrote:

Dyscalculia? I think that's what it is called. I have a touch of it.

That's the one! I mixed up 4 with 7 and 9 with 6, read numbers backwards etc etc...

On the bright side I had the reading ability of a 14 year old by the time I was 9... so I guess it all balances out somewhere along the way. Are you the same? People who are weak with numbers often have a better grasp of language/words. Or a strong skill in something else; acting, drawing, musical intruments that sort of thing.

Oh god is it the last episode next week? I can't take it, gah!

February 7, 2013 11:00 pm  #759

Yep. Fantastic at reading, spelling etc. (at the risk of sounding like I'm bragging) but awful at Maths. Confuse numbers and have trouble remembering them- those keypad entry things are a nightmare. Loved acting when I was younger, good at art and crafts and love learning languages.

February 8, 2013 6:47 am  #760

I can come here now I've heard it.  
Good as usual.
I agree about the possible winding down to  a close.
I would think maybe even for the whole show.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera