BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 31, 2013 10:28 am  #1

The killers that tried to save Sherlock's life

Before I begin, i know very well, that this is most likely (in fact, almost definitely) not the right theory, but this idea just occurred to me the other day, and I don't think anyone else has commented on this (probably because this theory is pretty, to put it simply, rediculous), so may as well mention it. We all heard Moriaty say that he hired trained killers and told them to get the code from Sherlock (or something along the lines of that), and then as a result, they tried to save Sherlock's life, and then started killing each other so none of the other killers could get the code. Well, Moriaty told Sherlock that the code's a fake, but Moriaty might not have told the killers that. So, maybe one of them saw Sherlock falling, and, I don't know, somehow or rather, saved Sherlock's life? I can't really think of a way that he could save Sherlock's life, (eg. putting a mattress out probably wouldn't have helped, there is always a net but it would need more than one person to hold out). Yes, I know that this theory is most definitely not the right theory, but since when is it about being right anyway?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the thing about fanfiction, it's always a self-portrait
People want to believe what is easy, rather than what is right.
"One begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts"

January 31, 2013 11:11 am  #2

Re: The killers that tried to save Sherlock's life

Ohh...
It's a different angle, but wow...maybe you are onto something. I keep thinking a bunch of the people from the Homeless Network were helping out, but you just added another cog to the wheel. I need to ponder this one for a while :D

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

January 31, 2013 3:42 pm  #3

We still saw a body hit the ground. I'm not sure if it's plausible to think that one of the killers that took up residence on Baker Street had enough foresight to get a body to drop as well while saving Sherlock.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

January 31, 2013 7:15 pm  #4

I'm still wondering about one of the killers, Ludmila Dyachenko. (At least, Mycroft said she was one of them: "Russian trained killer")  But we never did see her in action in TRF.
I think we haven't seen the last of her because of Mycroft's statement: "She's taken the flat opposite."
Flat opposite...flat opposite...wait...isn't the flat opposite 221 Baker Street the "Empty house"? And hasn't the "Adventure of the Empty House" something to do with killers, gunmen and revenge?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 31, 2013 11:48 pm  #5

Like your theory Tobe!  A new female villain in the Empty House across the street.

I've got smilies again - at least for now! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

February 1, 2013 7:27 am  #6

No more female villains.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 1, 2013 9:12 am  #7

Not in it business.

February 1, 2013 11:36 am  #8

besleybean wrote:

No more female villains.

Not unless they can break the mold and not do another Irene.  Nothing against her, but all female villains are the same - devastatingly beautiful, young and oozing with sex appeal.  It's such a stereotype, it's hard to even imagine any other type.

I got the impression from the Radio Times article that they're not even going to try to create another arch-villain to replace Moriarty.  I think we're more likely to see several distinct villains.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: OK...That was ridiculous. That was the most ridiculous thing...I've ever done.
Sherlock: And you invaded Afghanistan.
John: That wasn't *just* me.

February 1, 2013 4:23 pm  #9

erunyauve wrote:

Not unless they can break the mold and not do another Irene.  Nothing against her, but all female villains are the same - devastatingly beautiful, young and oozing with sex appeal.  It's such a stereotype, it's hard to even imagine any other type. 

From the brief glimpse we got of Ludmila Dyachenko in TRF, she was neither beautiful, sexy, or if I remember correctly, young.  She looked mean and tough.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

Board footera