BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 27, 2013 11:32 pm  #721

Re: Cabin pressure

Mnemosyne wrote:

veecee wrote:

(Martin is a character being played by Sherlock-in-hiding pretending to be an actor with an obviously made-up name.)

Thanks for that I've just nearly choked on my cornflakes.

I believe I have learned my lesson.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 28, 2013 2:52 am  #722

Just listened...just wondering...  Was the actress who played the princess the same one who played the woman in Gdansk?  Or they different people who had equally outrageous accents?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 28, 2013 8:34 am  #723

I was thinking the same. Off to do some research!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 28, 2013 5:05 pm  #724

She didn't play madam S-B but she was the paramedic in Boston

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

January 28, 2013 7:06 pm  #725

Very serious, alarming news regarding Timbuktu today on tv.
Still I have to smile.
Look what all this does to us......

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 28, 2013 7:10 pm  #726

Same with me when I read about Timbuktu (Timbuktu) today. Oh dear...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 30, 2013 7:01 pm  #727

Sausages! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 30, 2013 7:07 pm  #728

Words with one..... tone.

Had two stops this time during the broadcast. Think have to listen on iPlayer again later.

January 30, 2013 7:08 pm  #729

Me, too. Will listen to it again. Loved Carolyn and Douglas helping Martin to impress his family. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 30, 2013 7:09 pm  #730

Mattlocked wrote:

Words with one..... tone.

Had two stops this time during the broadcast. Think have to listen on iPlayer again later.

I even had three...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 30, 2013 7:09 pm  #731

The show is too well-known meanwhile.

January 30, 2013 8:18 pm  #732

Haven't missed an episode yet. Will stream tonite.

January 30, 2013 8:27 pm  #733

Last edited by tiharoa (January 30, 2013 8:34 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

January 30, 2013 8:39 pm  #734

Cool pic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 31, 2013 9:41 am  #735

Poor Martin!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

January 31, 2013 10:32 am  #736

Quite easily the most adorable thing I have seen all morning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 31, 2013 4:44 pm  #737

Freaking adorable...       What is he doing??

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 31, 2013 4:52 pm  #738

The other actor lifts him up because in the scene they're doing here Benedict's character is lifted by his big brother (which he doesn't like it all). The audience loved it. 

January 31, 2013 8:20 pm  #739

It's so funny that he actually (well, sort of) picked him up. If only he had actually flown him around like an airplane.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one who lost the signal a few times. Anyone know what the problem was? Well, good excuse to listen again.

These episodes where Martin gets a little relief are heartwarming. But are they winding up to end the series?

January 31, 2013 9:06 pm  #740

Veecee, I thought so, too. Hopefully not.

Hubby and me just had another good laugh listening to Wokingham. Hubby repeated Arthur's last word three times. SO funny! ;-)

Am I the only one who noticed that Doug - or better: Roger - made a mistake in the game when talking to the passengers?

Board footera