BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2013 11:14 pm  #461

Re: Free Rants

I finally got the two sherlock seasons... and when I watched it on English (I bought them on German and English because like this I can also introduce my less English talented friends) I realized that all the on screen text is on German X(
It sort of takes something away...

January 7, 2013 2:42 pm  #462

I am sorry in advance of this one. But a rant nonetheless:

To the 'client' who has just called me... Did you really think I would not remember you from 6 months ago? I heard your voice and knew exactly who you were what your case involved and even the start of your post code. I don't forget my past cases or my clients and I certainly don't forget people like you!

You are insane.

You thought blocking your number from call recognition would somehow save you from being recognised? Think again! And if you ever call me again, and if you ever so much as open your mouth to me to utter obscenities and threats against my reputation/ability to do my job I am just going to hang up on you. I am currently working with my colleague to work out a way to block your caller ID. So I never have to hear your dull set tones ever again.

You can insult my job, my boss, my vocation, my reputation, but don't you dare insult my intelligence!

Last edited by Mnemosyne (January 7, 2013 2:59 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 7, 2013 2:44 pm  #463

Well said, Mnemosyne. But sorry you had to in the first place. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 7, 2013 2:55 pm  #464

SusiGo wrote:

Well said, Mnemosyne. But sorry you had to in the first place. 

Thank you very much, I wasn't that eloquent at the time though. When they started talking I had a complete mental keyboard smash. It took me a few seconds to compose myself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 7, 2013 6:56 pm  #465

*sigh*
Of course the chain of my bicycle is all rusty...
I have to ride to school every morning! What should I do without my loyal donkey?
*sigh again*
I'll just have to get up earlier and walk
*last sigh*

MK

January 7, 2013 7:09 pm  #466

Lelli wrote:

*sigh*
I have to ride to school every morning! What should I do without my loyal donkey?
*sigh again*
*last sigh*

MK

May I suggest W40? For the chain I mean.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

January 7, 2013 7:35 pm  #467

Lelli wrote:

I've considered using motorcycle chain lube on my bicycle chain. The specific lube in question is a rather odd thing. It foams when sprayed from its canister (which is supposed to help it get into all of the seals and crevices) and then settles down into this simple black ooze. If used in small amounts, it doesn't get flung off the chain, and it's rather resistant to water. I have a chain cleaner that strips it right off, though.

I'm concerned it'd be too heavy for a bicycle chain, though, creating more drag than I'd want. Maybe there's a bicycle version out there somewhere.

January 7, 2013 7:45 pm  #468

Btw, equiraptor, how is your hand doing?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 7, 2013 9:20 pm  #469

It's healing, but still painful. It has its good moments and bad moments. Most of the time, I can hold a full glass of milk with it, now.

Thank you for asking.

January 7, 2013 9:29 pm  #470

Glad it's gotten at least somewhat better. Best healing wishes! 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 8, 2013 1:59 pm  #471

Nice to hear the hand is doing much better now. Hope it continues to improve.

January 8, 2013 5:55 pm  #472

tiharoa wrote:

Lelli wrote:

*sigh*
*sigh again*
*last sigh*

MK

May I suggest W40? For the chain I mean.

Thanks for the suggestions, tiharoa and equiraptor!

WD40 was the first thing that came to my dad's mind too ^^(he loves that stuff... it's like a medicine to anything for him ^^)
And gladly (can you say that; gladly?) my dad could help me
Dads are useful after all ;)
(just kiddin! He's great!)

January 28, 2013 3:20 pm  #473

For God's sake!

I hate printers. I shouldn't have to know how printers work. I'm a consultant during my day job... Printers are the bane of my existence! I normally don't have to deal with them but our IT guy has taken leave due to a personal crisis and left me to fight with the bloody thing.

I have just tried to print out some attachments (a client thought to send me 42 attachments in one email for her case file.)

I have tried to print these attachments off for her file, and rather than print all the pages the bloody thing has just printed the same thing 42 times!

A printer is making me look like an idiot.

My boss is smirking at me and saying stuff like 'how could you not know how to do that?' Followed very quickly by 'its just paper don't worry' when I shot him a glare that would turn a lesser mortal to ash.

I love technology usually, I love computers, I love phones, I hate printers.

January 28, 2013 3:32 pm  #474

Have a tea, take a deep breath, don't take it personally - the printer is just a bit upset that you love all except for him...   

January 28, 2013 3:52 pm  #475

Harriet wrote:

Have a tea, take a deep breath, don't take it personally - the printer is just a bit upset that you love all except for him...

Think perhaps I should talk it thorugh with the printer? Perhaps our differences are not so insurmountable... Maybe the problem is we're both as stubborn as each other, d'aww. Bless... My boss is still giving me funny looks though so I might wait a bit hehehe.

January 28, 2013 5:11 pm  #476

While your drinking your tea have a look at this loovely pic I just found

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

January 28, 2013 5:33 pm  #477

Bless.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 28, 2013 6:56 pm  #478

Text in my fortune cookie from last saturday:
"You have a strong desire for a home and your family interests come first."

That's quite ironic. My family doesn't LET me think of anything else since weeks. If they just would stop queue-jumping all the time, I had no problem to leave my "desired home" for a while!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 28, 2013 9:42 pm  #479

@Molly that is one adorable kitty

@Mattlocked... I got a fortune cookie that said 'help I am trapped in a fortune cookie factory!' I was about 12, I honestly didn't know what to make of it. I think my parents had to talk me out of calling the police (I was that concerned.)

January 29, 2013 5:26 pm  #480

Mnemosyne wrote:

@Mattlocked... I got a fortune cookie that said 'help I am trapped in a fortune cookie factory!' I was about 12, I honestly didn't know what to make of it. I think my parents had to talk me out of calling the police (I was that concerned.)

That's so sweet, you were so concerned. And, a great funny story from your childhood.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

Board footera