BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 27, 2013 11:34 am  #1

The Fifth Estate -Assange film

A new thread for the film, now it is no longer a rumour and has a title.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 27, 2013 6:57 pm  #2

Re: The Fifth Estate -Assange film

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 27, 2013 7:10 pm  #3

Ivy, you are as close as you could get to the current shootings in Berlin.
Can't you tell us anything?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 27, 2013 9:03 pm  #4

I'm following two ladies on twitter.
Seems as if they've been hanging around the whole day (or still do) near the "Berliner Cathedral" where they are currently filming.
Nothing spectacular so far, but one of them wrote a short report:
They tweeted they also took some pictures but were told to delete them.
http://karolynneberlin.tumblr.com/post/41619571241/i-met-benedict-today-in-berlin

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 27, 2013 9:13 pm  #5

Thank you, Mattlocked. And here's the next location, Haus des Lehrers (house of the teacher):

source: Andreas Steinhoff

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 27, 2013 9:19 pm  #6

That's near the "Alexa" (biggest shopping center in Berlin). In case he needs some new shirts or something like that.

We need our personal paparazzi!

----------

January 27, 2013 9:24 pm  #7

We have you! Or am I wrong? :-P

January 27, 2013 9:59 pm  #8

Go, Ivy, go! 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 27, 2013 10:36 pm  #9

We need someone who has nothing else to do. I have a job! I know that's very selfish, can't help it, I'm a only child. 

----------

January 27, 2013 10:42 pm  #10

That's a pity. But I'm sure there'll be some pictures. Mattlocked, keep an eye on those girls, maybe they'll post more. 

January 28, 2013 9:02 am  #11

I guess we need a homeless network, too.

----------

January 28, 2013 10:29 am  #12

Could you organise that, please? 

January 29, 2013 12:00 pm  #13

Another Twitter pic. Frank Rieger is one of the speaker's of Chaos Computer Club and technical director of a communications security company. He seems to discuss the film quite extensively on Twitter. There seem to be reservations towards the film, someone calling it already an Anti-Wikileaks propaganda film. 

https://twitter.com/frank_rieger/status/296169829164003330/photo/1

Last edited by SusiGo (January 29, 2013 12:01 pm)

January 29, 2013 12:14 pm  #14

Great.  Looks a bit like Snape. In grey. ;-P

January 29, 2013 2:09 pm  #15

Here's video of Assange's Oxford Union speech. From 11:18 he discusses the film and scenes from the script (the first one having allegedly cut by now) and attacks the makers of the film as corrupt media concerns. I don't know by far enough about this subject to give an opinion. Maybe some of you are better informed than I am:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vQNWYnQjUE&feature=share

January 29, 2013 5:59 pm  #16

I don't really know much about the film or what approach it is going to take in telling the story. If it's soley based on Domscheit-Berg's book or not, I have no idea. This is a polarizing subject as is the man behind it, so hopefully the people making the film will take as unbiased and accurate a stand as any Hollywood film can in telling this tale. I'm tempted to read the book now, even though it's gotten very poor reviews.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

January 31, 2013 7:46 am  #17

They're filming now in Belgium for 38 days! So Belgian Cumberfans should be on the lookout. Actually, I'm nearer to Belgium than to Berlin. 

http://www.cineuropa.org/nw.aspx?t=newsdetail&l=en&did=232105

January 31, 2013 9:36 am  #18

http://tl.gd/ksjee5

Apparently they finished yesterday in Berlin

Last edited by tiharoa (January 31, 2013 9:38 am)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

February 1, 2013 6:08 pm  #19

A great report by a fan who managed to get a job as an extra during filming in Berlin:

http://dudeufugly.tumblr.com/post/42026670797/cumberbatched-in-berlin

February 1, 2013 9:54 pm  #20

So sweet, thank you Susi!

Poor girl: Post Cumberbatch Depression
Can you imagine anything worse? 

Board footera