BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 20, 2013 1:30 am  #41

Re: London Board Meet Up (Monday 25th March 2013)

I will be more than happy to keep the entire day on Monday open to our meet-up and whatever people want to do or go for as long as they want to do or go. I'm very easy and amenable and will be more than happy to just go with the flow.  I'm looking forward to many things about this trip - but meeting up with Forum friends will probably be THE highlight! I'll put my vote in for meeting up at or outside of Speedy's because we simply must have pictures of all of us there! (I'm getting so excited just thinking about this!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 20, 2013 1:45 pm  #42

Some of my friends from the Holmesian Circle of Paris are in London this week-end (they went for the annual dinner of the Sherlock Holmes Society of London). They did a re-enactment of the fall (well obviously not all of it!), there is a photo on facebook, would be fun if we could do that too!

http://www.facebook.com/CercleHolmesienDeParis

Maybe we each could list the places in London linked to the show that we'd like to see.

January 24, 2013 1:00 pm  #43

I met your friends, Biscuitbear, because I too was at the SH dinner and lunch the next day. I heard they had lots of fun,

Anyway, meeting up at Speedy's sounds like a good idea. It's close by to Euston and handy to get to for everyone. Maybe we could meet around lunch time, so that we could get something to eat at Speedy's?

For those that want to hang around later in the evening, I'd suggest we all go to the Sherlock Holmes pub for drinks. It's open till 11:30 most nights.

Other places we should visit are:

Baker Street & the Sherlock Holmes Museum
St Barts
The Southbank - locations of skate park and body on beach scene (Great Game)
Trafalgar Square (featured in Blind Banker) - and the spot nearby where they bump into each other
Chinatown
And obviously the Sherlock Holmes pub, I would probably save that till last, then we can get our evening meal there, and stay on for drinks afterwards for those who want to.

There are a few others - such as the outside of the Diogones Club and the outside of Irene's house.

And then, if you wanted to see some canon Sherlock Holmes stuff there's quite a lot more of that round London, like the Criterion for example.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 24, 2013 1:18 pm  #44

Sounds good. I won't be able to stay too long into the evening as I have to get back to our flat in suburbia. So I'm fine with any nice mixture of sightseeing and time for chatting. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 24, 2013 2:24 pm  #45

Sounds like a good plan, SH!
Most of the locations we could explore on foot (depending on the weather!). Let's hope Speedy's won't be overcrowded then (without us, that is!), but then, it'll be a Monday - not too many annoying tourists around...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 24, 2013 2:37 pm  #46

These annoying tourists are a plague, aren't they?  Hang around squealing in all sorts of locations, take cheesy photo everywhere, keep other people from doing their work …

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 24, 2013 3:36 pm  #47

Great program SH, thanks for putting it together! I was sorry I missed the French trip last week-end, so I'm very much looking forward to this meet-up! I also plan to join the London society so that I can go to the annual dinner next year.

January 24, 2013 5:52 pm  #48

I love the idea of Speedy's and the SH pub because I love food and it will be fun to sit and chat and be warm and comfortable.  All other ideas sound good too. If it's Sherlock related I want to see it! :-)

January 25, 2013 4:00 am  #49

God, I'm so jealous of you all with your cool gather plans, having loved the idea of somehow getting to even visit visit that country, someday.  I guess I'll have to retaliate with a consolation prize of. . .um. . . . I'll travel to…. well… oh, oh I know!  The mysterious…. unknown…. illustrious . . . . . Liberty, Indiana!!!!        Ok, ok, so it's hardly a tourist spot.   At all.   But still, gave some surprised amusement to see a local place featured as a pivotal clue!!  Look forward to hearing about it!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 25, 2013 7:27 am  #50

Of course you'll get a report. And that's the advantage of living in good old Europe - you don't have to travel that far. 

So you will tell us what you found out about H.O.U.N.D.?

January 25, 2013 7:42 am  #51

Russell, you're so brave!
Most of us who are planning the meet-up are lucky to live near ( or at least within an hour's flight) of London (that doesn't apply to you, KP!). If Sherlock was set in middle earth or Liberty In. I for sure wouldn't go. I know that in this case I'm privileged. We will be thinking of all of you who would like to attend but can't do this for different reasons.
btw: I haven't been to Ingolstadt (although located in my country!) yet, not to mention India...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 29, 2013 2:36 am  #52

I needed a new suitcase for the big London March Meet-up trip and I just couldn't resist getting this one.  Pink!! 
Hmmm...I think I better take the tube to my hotel and not a cab

January 29, 2013 3:09 am  #53

KeepersPrice wrote:

I needed a new suitcase for the big London March Meet-up trip and I just couldn't resist getting this one.  Pink!! 
Hmmm...I think I better take the tube to my hotel and not a cab

Wow, now, THAT'S a suitcase! Pretty in pink.

January 29, 2013 3:51 am  #54

The cool thing about it is that it's produced by Brit company called 'Antler' (made in China though, what else is new).  The lining inside has all little London landmarks printed on it.

January 29, 2013 5:56 am  #55

You certainly can't be overlooked, KP!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 29, 2013 7:25 am  #56

That's great, KP! And a pink phone to go with it? 

January 29, 2013 9:32 am  #57

SusiGo wrote:

Pink nail polish and lipstick, at the very least.  ha ha
Love it that it has British logo themes on the inside. It was meant to be, KP.

January 29, 2013 11:29 am  #58

SusiGo wrote:

My phone has a purple case.  It was the closest to pink I could get.

January 29, 2013 12:51 pm  #59

Funnily enough, I bought two pink suitcases, a pink computer bag, a pink wallet and two pink handbags (from Kipling) before I ever saw A study in pink.  When my daughter and I went to London last month, we each had a pink bag and a pink suitcase. Fortunately the hotel was near the statoin so we didn't have to take a cab!

January 29, 2013 1:58 pm  #60

May I come without any pink accessories? Don't think I have any. But I got myself a very nice black tote bag with the best Sherlock quotes on it. 

Board footera