BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 13, 2012 11:03 am  #1

All Elementary Articles (please post in here)

I decided to start one topic for all the Elementary articles, seeing as there's bound to be quite a few floating around at the moment, and I don't particularly want the board flooded with all different topics for them...I'll start the ball rolling with this one, which may or may not have been posted on the main Elementary thread, but anyway here goes.

The title is "Will new tattooed, drug addicted TV version of Sherlock Holmes turn off die-hard fans?" and it's from Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/09/25/will-modern-tattooed-drug-addicted-tv-versions-sherlock-holmes-turn-off-die/#ixzz27legLicY

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 24, 2012 6:44 pm  #2

Re: All Elementary Articles (please post in here)

Not an article but CBS have picked up the full season (series for the Brits) of Elementary following the pilot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 10, 2012 9:25 pm  #3

Jonny Lee Miller admits he was "shocked" at how entertaining Sherlock Holmes was (apparently he wasn't a fan before):

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/92144/VIDEO-Elementarys-Jonny-Lee-Miller-Shocked-Over-How-Entertaining-Sherlock-Holmes-Was-

November 10, 2012 9:35 pm  #4

November 10, 2012 9:54 pm  #5

November 30, 2012 6:23 pm  #6

What happens when Watson's job ends?
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Elementary-Spoilers-Rob-Doherty-1056977.aspx

A valid question, methinks. And to be honest, one of the major flaws of the series as far as I'm concerned - the fact that it's her job and she has to be with Holmes, rather than choosing to be with him because he fascinates her.

November 30, 2012 6:29 pm  #7

November 30, 2012 7:08 pm  #8

December 23, 2012 11:10 pm  #9

December 24, 2012 12:54 am  #10

January 10, 2013 7:59 am  #11

A German "Elementary" review in Frankfurter Rundschau.

http://www.fr-online.de/kultur/-elementary--dr--watson-ist-jetzt-eine-frau,1472786,21423236.html

My favourite quote "It is well done, respectable entertainment - if you don't know the BBC series. That says it all.

EDIT: two other German reviews of "Die Welt" and "Süddeutsche Zeitung", both well-respected newspaper.

http://www.welt.de/print/welt_kompakt/vermischtes/article112658108/Watson-hol-schon-mal-den-Wagen.html

Summary: uninspired, you could call it CSI:Sherlock 

http://newsticker.sueddeutsche.de/list/id/1404239

Summary: they ask why another 21.Century Sherlock, the BBC did it very well already

Last edited by Ivy (January 10, 2013 8:30 am)

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 10, 2013 8:42 am  #12

Well done, German press. My TV magazine has a review and comes to the same result. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 16, 2013 10:05 pm  #13

Turkish advert for Elementary involving live roleplaying in a shopping centre. Nice touch:

January 16, 2013 10:05 pm  #14

The Moriarty debate on Elementary:
http://screencrush.com/elementary-terry-kinney-moriarty/

January 16, 2013 10:10 pm  #15

January 16, 2013 10:35 pm  #16

Oooo John Hannah. 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 17, 2013 6:55 am  #17

Moriarty and Irene Adler

Seems the next episode should start to bring out the iconic characters.
Considering this is a TV length show rather than a movie length feature, I guess they needed to '\hang back' on this. It could work to their benefit.

It will be interesting one way or the other that's for sure. Although again, a bad version of Adler in my opinion. Oh well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 17, 2013 7:11 am  #18

Keeping the casting of Moriarty a secret is a good way to generate interest.

January 17, 2013 8:04 am  #19

Makes a change that's for sure.
lol

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 24, 2013 10:59 am  #20

EWWWW Vinnie Jones as Moran. Not liking that. Sorry.

Board footera