BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 19, 2013 4:06 pm  #281

Re: How will John react when he finds out Sherlock isn't dead?

Mell92 wrote:

I use this website: http://www.tv-links.eu
Episodes are uploaded very soon after they have aired. It's fun to comment on them and see what other people think. If you create an account, you can select the shows you want to watch, and the website will keep your TV-schedule and send you updates per e-mail (optional) when a new episode is available.

Is this website free?  And you're sure this is a place where the other-than-UK viewers can see Sherlock right after it airs on BBC?  If I can use this, I will be one happy camper.

The only other way I knew to see it was to get a UK IP address and back door it that way, but I didn't want to do that and risk technical problems with my computer-- I'm not exactly a technical wizard here, lol.

January 19, 2013 5:22 pm  #282

You can watch online or download the episodes, they are generally uploaded very quickly, but it's illegal. I use expat shield personally and watch the episodes on the bbc iplayer, it's very easy to use and turn off when you're done.

January 19, 2013 7:16 pm  #283

It's free and I'm pretty sure it works outside of the UK, but as biscuitbear already said, if you use the links that are free of charge - I think it's quite illegal indeed. 
Have mercy, I'm only a poor student

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

January 19, 2013 8:07 pm  #284

Isn't the expat shield thing also illegal? After all, "fooling" the UK computers into thinking we're in the UK (and therefore, having paid the BBC taxes that all UK folks have to pay), that's not exactly above-board, is it.

Just because something is free, doesn't mean it's illegal necessarily. The page I looked at was loaded with advertisements, so that's who's footing the bill, I presume.

January 19, 2013 8:20 pm  #285

Getting seriously off topic here, sorry.

As far as I know it's legal. If you are talking about ethics, well, I pay the French tax and I never watch French TV so I don't feel too guilty in the general scheme of things. And above all, there's no way I could wait for 6 months, I would end up in a straitjacket...

http://onsoftware.en.softonic.com/how-to-watch-bbc-and-itv-outside-of-the-uk

January 20, 2013 4:06 pm  #286

Yes off topic. Maybe make another in the TV thread? However will just add tat without HBO's financing of Parade's End it would probably not have been made. They have a moral right to reap the rewards.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 20, 2013 8:18 pm  #287

Davina wrote:

Yes off topic. Maybe make another in the TV thread? However will just add that without HBO's financing of Parade's End it would probably not have been made. They have a moral right to reap the rewards.

Oh, absolutely. As does the BBC. No one can blame us for our impatience to see Ben's TV work, however. You cannot imagine what it's like, knowing a segment of the Sherlock fans will have gotten to see something we've all thought about, talked about and dreamed about for months, and we non-UK'ers  have to wait another 6 months or more....  it's very discouraging to think about. So mostly I don't think about it. The world will keep on turning.

January 24, 2013 2:03 am  #288

(Not sure if this has already been posted)

One thing I think John will say is,"Look! I even got a bulldog to replace you! He's as hard-headed and lazy as you were!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're going to be boring, please do it over there.

January 31, 2013 1:21 pm  #289

"I think [Sherlock co-creator] Mark [Gatiss] felt probably that fainting is not very 2013," said Freeman, speaking to Radio Times at our annual covers party. "I don't know what [John's reaction] is gonna be, but hopefully something very violent."

I think that quote is perfect for this thread, I want violence, too.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-01-31/sherlocks-martin-freeman-ill-punch-benedict-cumberbatch-again-if-i-have-to

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

January 31, 2013 5:10 pm  #290

Why does everybody want aggression?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 31, 2013 6:28 pm  #291

Because that's what I would do! I want a punch and then a hug and tears!

----------

January 31, 2013 7:19 pm  #292

Can't he just shout and swear, instead of punch?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 31, 2013 7:30 pm  #293

besleybean wrote:

Of course he can. He also could put the kettle on and take Cluedo off the wall and start playing a game with Sherlock. He could sing and dance. He could just ignore Sherlock. Or have dinner with him.
It's all up to Mark.

Last edited by tobeornot221b (January 31, 2013 7:40 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 31, 2013 7:37 pm  #294

Mark.
But yes.

January 31, 2013 8:06 pm  #295

Ivy wrote:

Because that's what I would do! I want a punch and then a hug and tears!

You are such a girl. ha ha

Most men only know one emotion-- anger. I fully expect some kind of physical acting out, shouting, etc. I will not hold my breath about hugs and tears-- we've never gotten hugs and tears between them before, not sure if Gatiss will start now.

But whatever, yeah, I also fully expect that Sherlock will have absolutely no doubt that John is *displeased* there for a while, but has it ever moved Sherlock before? Nope. He did what he did (jumped, faked death) because he had to do it. If he hadn't done it, John might probably be dead now, so what, do you really want to stand there and tell me I shouldn't have done what I did? Now listen-- Lestrade called, and he wants us down at the Yard like 10 minutes ago. You coming or not?

January 31, 2013 8:07 pm  #296

besleybean wrote:

Shouting and swearing can actually be pretty darned aggressive. Some men get physical when angry, others never do, so TPTB in the show have to decide which kind of man John is, I guess.

January 31, 2013 8:11 pm  #297

Not an ignorant boor, I hope.

January 31, 2013 8:15 pm  #298

besleybean wrote:

----------

January 31, 2013 8:23 pm  #299

I just hope John gives Sherlock a chance to explain.
I would also hope he would be more angry for Mrs H than for himself.

March 25, 2013 9:00 pm  #300

I personally think that John is more the shout-and-swear-type instead of the punsh-him-in-the-face-type. But I could imagine hugs and tears as well, it never happened befor but also we never had such an emotional situation befor. And John did cry a bit at Sherlocks grave and Sherlock cried befor he jumped even though we don't know wheather that was real or fake.

Board footera