BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 14, 2013 7:38 pm  #41

Re: John after the Fall

Sorry.
This seems ages ago and I don't even know what it was refering to, now.
Apologies if I inadvertently offended anybody.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 15, 2013 5:40 am  #42

Mattlocked wrote:

Just found this and got a bit upset. Ever thought about the possibility of a "non native speaker" who left that note?

Yes indeed, they shouldn't let non-native speakers wander around with post-it notes without correct supervision.
Who knows where that could lead!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 22, 2013 8:25 am  #43

BrandoMan13 wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

BrandoMan13 wrote:

I do love that John has complete and utter faith in Sherlock...so much so that he still holds out hope he's alive. Funny thing is, if it was anyone but Sherlock we'd all think he is crazy.

I really don't think he has any hopes of him being alive. That line 'don't ... be dead' was just desperation, slight tragic humour as he knows nothing else to say. One last joke with his friend.
It's over as far as John is concerned. His life's empty again.

I agree with most of your posts but on this topic I disagree.

I truly think John thinks of Sherlock as almost super-human, or capable of things no other person is capable of. It might be desperation but I do think that deep deep down he is hoping against hope that somehow a miracle will occur and he'll have his friend back.

I agree with that. I can't quite picture John fainting when he eventually finds out that Sherlock's alive, instead I picture alot of shouting, and perhaps a few swear words. Anyway, underneath all that, John would be really relieved and happy that Sherlock's alive. 
Another theory about the 'don't be dead', it's sort of the kind of thing that someone would say if a family member had gone missing and they're all assuming the worst; so maybe that was the last time John actually sees Sherlock's body, and so, I don't know, it hasn't sunk in yet? I'm mosy likely wrong 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the thing about fanfiction, it's always a self-portrait
People want to believe what is easy, rather than what is right.
"One begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts"

January 22, 2013 11:21 pm  #44

tobeornot221b wrote:

There is something I’d always get furious at:
After Sherlock having been rushed into Bart’s nobody takes care of John who’s just been witnessing his best friend’s death. He is in shock. Why does no-one put a blanket on him? Get him a cuppa? Offer him any comfort or at least stay with him? He’s left outside alone. Shame on you, paramedics (be you real or homeless network fake ones)! Don’t you know that witnesses of such a dramatic event must be paid attention to as well?

I know! 
"I'm in shock, look, I've got a blanket"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 23, 2013 7:10 am  #45

Posibly cos they're not real medics?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 23, 2013 7:21 am  #46

besleybean wrote:

Posibly cos they're not real medics?!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're not real medics, they did a few things that real medics would never do(John normally would've noticed these things, but he was in shock)

Board footera